Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Adrian Peterson says he won't use switch again, ponders new start

In an interview with USA Today, suspended Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson says he never will use a switch again and that he thinks he might need a fresh start elsewhere once his NFL career resumes.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...044526466.html

The Wilfs better step up and show some support for him quick. His story is a national story not a local one so I don't get the fresh start thing. He will get the same fresh start in MN as anywhere else. I will be pissed if they just release him. I will put them in the same category as Red McCombs for ownership if that happens.

WWBGD

3. Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    The Wilfs better step up and show some support for him quick. His story is a national story not a local one so I don't get the fresh start thing. He will get the same fresh start in MN as anywhere else. I will be pissed if they just release him. I will put them in the same category as Red McCombs for ownership if that happens.
    The Cheap Texan and the Silent Jews: it's not the punch line to a joke, it's just the last two ownership groups of the Vikings

4. Ponder is starting because AP used a switch, how much torture is Goodell going to put this franchise through?

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

5. A number of Texas reporters are already counting AD on their staff next year. They think he will be cheaper than Murray. Which I find hard to believe even with the baggage.

I think AD will largely decide his next move based largely on the contract being offered. Then again, I always think that. If MN doesn't want him, then Dallas wouldn't surprise me, but I think he will cost more than many think he will. Not at his current level, but still pretty substantial, because he is that good. For MN, that might mean, that if they don't honor his current contract that he uses that as an opportunity to leave.

If MN is willing to pay his 2015 rate going into next year, then look at renegotiation during the year the transitioning period will be easier on all. I think the personal feelings on both sides will dissipate once the season starts rolling.

6. More from the USA Today article. It sounds like he wants to stay with the Vikings but he knows that the higher ups may not have the balls to keep him. So it truly is going to be an ownership decision:

"I would love to go back and play in Minnesota to get a feel and just see if my family still feels comfortable there," Peterson said. "But if there's word out that hey, they might release me, then so be it. I would feel good knowing that I've given everything I had in me."

"I would have to get back in the community and get a feel," Peterson said. "I know who loves me. The coaches and the players, it's not going to be a problem. I've felt so much support from those guys. The organization, I know there's people in the organization that support me and there's people that I know internally that has not been supporting me."

. . .Peterson also said he has given a lot of thought to the idea that "maybe it's best for me to get a fresh start somewhere else."

7. Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Ponder is starting because AP used a switch, how much torture is Goodell going to put this franchise through?
    What did I miss?

8. Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    What did I miss?
    Ponders new start. What if it was written Ponder's new start

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

I just don't believe the hypocritical crook Wilfs have the balls to keep Peterson. They will "wilf" under the pressure from a minority of do-gooders who see Peterson as a monster. If he's an abuser my old man was Charlie Manson in disguise.

10. Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Ponders new start. What if it was written Ponder's new start
    We should Ponder a new start for Cullpepper, he's not doing anything

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast