Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Captain Munnerlyn is a screen door

I was under the impression that he was supposed to be good, but he keeps getting burned. Whatever he's getting paid is too much

I agree, he did not look very good at all. Then again our entire secondary is still below average. Smith might be able to play but so far no one else has stepped up.

3. The Captain had a bad game but he is extremely better than any DB we had last year. He actually has had a good season, he had one bad game and you want to get rid of him? Who are you going to replace him with on our roster? His play on the outside is pretty good, how often did you hear the Atlanta Wrs name last week? The reason we brought him in was to play the slot, we actually got a bargain because we are paying him nickel money for a starting CB.

The sky isn't falling because of one bad game. If you take Ponder out of the equation and add Bridgewater, you would have found a very competitive game IMO.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsVikings View Post
    I was under the impression that he was supposed to be good, but he keeps getting burned. Whatever he's getting paid is too much
    Munnerlyn signed a three-year, $14.25 million contract.

I was wary of this signing, as Munnerlyn had been a good nickelback but with no reputation as a shut down corner. He is good at the short game, but he has trouble in deep coverage. I am hoping he will get better as he adapts to this system, but he is being paid a lot for a nickel guy.

5. Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    I agree, he did not look very good at all. Then again our entire secondary is still below average. Smith might be able to play but so far no one else has stepped up.
    That is not true, Harrison Smith is playing at a pro bowl level IMO. Rhoades is playing at a high level and would start for just about every team in the league. The Captain is an excellent nickel and a good out side guy in a pinch. We are one CB away from having a very good secondary, if we draft a shut down corner next year, teams are going to find it very hard to throw on us. I like Exum's skillset and athleticism, I think next year he will play and our secondary is going to be even more formidable.

We were 32nd in the league in total D, we were 3st in PA, and 32nd in third down efficiency last year. I will bet anyone we will be in the top half of the league in all those categories by the end of the year. We are getting better and more talented every year, if we have another draft like this year we are going to be competing for a division title next year.

If you look at our draft Spielman did an excellent job. We have our future starting QB. One of the best athletes in the draft and a starting SAM linebacker. We have McKinnon, who may be an intricate part of our offense for years to come. Crichton, who may be our starting LDE in a few years. Yankey should replace Johnson next year and Price is playing some good ball for us right now.

If I told you in the draft we got our franchise QB, a stud linebacker, a starting guard and starting LDE most would say that was an excellent draft. and if Exum plays up to his ability we have a starting safety. Add in McKinnon and Price and I hope we have a draft this good next year

That means we have a possible six starters out of this draft, that is how a dynasty is made, hopefully this is the beginning of great drafts and future super bowls.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Ok, I checked the stats and based on YPG, our secondary is average, not below average. Nothing to write home about.

7. Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Ok, I checked the stats and based on YPG, our secondary is average, not below average. Nothing to write home about.
    That is something to write home about. We were the worst D in the league as far as yards and the second worst in Points allowed. We were the worst in third down efficiency and only Dallas was considered a worse defense than us. So being average or middle of the pack means we have improved phenomenally. If we end up around 16th or 17th in the league that will be a major accomplishment for this team.

Rome wasn't built in a day!! Let's give Zimmer two or three years to get his guys in place and his playbook in place. I always believe a coach needs his players and schemes in place to see what it will really look like in a game. You have to remember these players are just learning Zimmer's and Turner's playbooks.

8. Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    It's 5 games into the season and we already moved up about 15 spots, I would say that is pretty damned good.

Nothing brings out the negative posters better than a good butt whoopin in Lambeau. CMac has that Spielman spiel ready to go anytime the Vikings take a misstep and nothing pleases him more than when a band of emotional fans join on in after having their throats stomped on.

It's just game 5 fellas. R-E-L-A-X. Most folks in this forum had us in the 5-9 range for wins this year going into the season. We win a game convincingly against Atlanta and everyone gets visions of playoffs. Now we get stumped (in every aspect of the game) in a short week in Lambeau and everyone is ready to call the team a complete disaster.

Fans are silly.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    It's 5 games into the season and we already moved up about 15 spots, I would say that is pretty damned good.

Nothing brings out the negative posters better than a good butt whoopin in Lambeau. CMac has that Spielman spiel ready to go anytime the Vikings take a misstep and nothing pleases him more than when a band of emotional fans join on in after having their throats stomped on.

It's just game 5 fellas. R-E-L-A-X. Most folks in this forum had us in the 5-9 range for wins this year going into the season. We win a game convincingly against Atlanta and everyone gets visions of playoffs. Now we get stumped (in every aspect of the game) in a short week in Lambeau and everyone is ready to call the team a complete disaster.

Fans are silly.
    Those Spielman arguments have been sitting in notepad docs for months.
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

10. Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post

Fans are silly.
    With no Peterson, CG, TB, KR and Ponder at qb

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast