Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Shockzilla's Thursday Football Trivia Challenge, 2014 Week 10

Last week I did not post a trivia question - I apologize for that. This week's question is as follows:

What NFL QB threw 3 pick-sixes (three of his passes were intercepted and returned for TDs) in one quarter of play?

Good luck!
    PPO Ambassador, Trivia Wizard and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Quote Originally Posted by shockzilla View Post
    Last week I did not post a trivia question - I apologize for that. This week's question is as follows:

What NFL QB threw 3 pick-sixes (three of his passes were intercepted and returned for TDs) in one quarter of play?

Good luck!
    Brett Favre?

Actually, it was probably George Blanda

Its Rich Gannon as a Raider in the SB against Gruden's Bucs, 5 picks 3 for TDs

Oops Rich had 2 in the 3rd and one in the 4th
    Last edited by vikinggreg; 11-06-2014 at 02:48 PM.

5. Ed Baker for the Houston Oilers vs. the Benglas in 1972.

Threw 3 pick sixes in the 4th quarter.

Tough one.

6. I was going to guess maybe Warren Moon in that monumental Oilers playoff collapse against the Bills, but Tasty sounds pretty sure...

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

7. Joe Namath had two games with 3 pick sixes I believe. He was one interception machine, at least compared to the number of attempts he made. the 60's and 70's had their fair share of gunslingers, but a lot of these heavy interception games still turned out in victories.

whats his name for the Texans last year has to be some kind of consecutive game record.
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

9. Quote Originally Posted by rockymtdan View Post
    whats his name for the Texans last year has to be some kind of consecutive game record.
    Schaub. 4 or 5 games in a row I believe which is a record.

back up QB Ed Baker threw three fourth-quarter pick sixes in relief in 1972 for the Oilers against the Bengals.

i saw tommy kramers name in the list for most pick 6's.. he's way down, but didn't think i'd ever see his name again in a stat sheet.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast