Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    He's a bust, unless he has a good game or three. So goes the opinion carousel.

I don't know enough about OL having not played it at this level but I certainly can see he is little better than a revolving door at this point. At least those get stuck sometimes and you can't get through.

He played his butt off today. I will give him credit when credit is due.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jargomcfargo View Post
    Easy answer. He sucks. Another miss by the scouts and Spielman. He was over rated his rookie season because AD had his big season. He was never a pro bowler. He was an alternate. Over rated, just like the rest of the line. Now AD is gone. Kalil gets the blame, but the rest of the line is also over rated.
    The continuity of the O line the Vikings have is the weakest part of their team.
    He is not playing up to his skill level this year, but he did play ok yesterday. If he indeed turns into a bust it was a miss by everyone. He was the consensus best non QB in that draft and it was a position of need for us.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    He is not playing up to his skill level this year, but he did play ok yesterday. If he indeed turns into a bust it was a miss by everyone. He was the consensus best non QB in that draft and it was a position of need for us.
    Wish we could have gotten Tyron Smith. 1 year too late.

5. Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    He was better, but it seemed like every run to the left failed, and he was still beat a couple of times and got away with a big hold once. He didn't give up a sack and that is an improvement. I'm not sure if that is due to who he was playing against or improved play.
    He just looks like a guy who is weak, undersized, and slow to me. He doesn't seem powerful enough to run block well, nor does he have fast enough feet to stop the speed rushers. I hope I am wrong but that is what my eyes are seeing!
    The line as a unit are a bit of a hot mess right now. But at least the right side of the line can run block.

Quote Originally Posted by jargomcfargo View Post
    He just looks like a guy who is weak, undersized, and slow to me. He doesn't seem powerful enough to run block well, nor does he have fast enough feet to stop the speed rushers. I hope I am wrong but that is what my eyes are seeing!
    Kalil is not the monster he was in his rookie season.

Was he juiced in college, is the line coach partially to blame, or has he just lost it?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Kalil is not the monster he was in his rookie season.

Was he juiced in college, is the line coach partially to blame, or has he just lost it?
    I think you can blame the coaches for a lot of the failures (Frazier era). He is learning a new scheme under Norv so I would give him this year also as an excuse. Next year he will not have one and had better perform or he will be done in Minnesota. think we will have to wait a few years to determine if he is just a bust or if he was not coached well. If he doesn't play well next year he will be traded or released and some other team will take a shot at him. Right now I think the jury is out on the bust/bad coaching theory.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

8. Last three weeks the entire line had improved although they are not playing as nasty a defensive line as Detroit with these latest teams either. Keep in mind that this is a completely new offense and with the new collective bargaining agreement players aren't practicing nearly as much with the coaching staff as they were. Makes putting these new offensive systems in place a lot harder.

Personally I'm more worried about Patterson than Kalil.

Quote Originally Posted by ironbrigade View Post
    Last three weeks the entire line had improved although they are not playing as nasty a defensive line as Detroit with these latest teams either. Keep in mind that this is a completely new offense and with the new collective bargaining agreement players aren't practicing nearly as much with the coaching staff as they were. Makes putting these new offensive systems in place a lot harder.

Personally I'm more worried about Patterson than Kalil.
    Not worried about Patterson, he'll come good he has the raw talent.

Matt looked lost on Sunday to the point where he looked like the best thing in the world was that he would get subbed off. He looked like he was spending so much time trying to push off on the attacker he couldn't get a lock on.

I hope they can coach him up but he looks like he is heading to bustville
    Purple till i die

10. After this year he needs to apply at McDonalds, any QB the Vikings have is going to get hurt with him playing

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast