Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We Suck

1. Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    good post, I am in complete agreement. I would only add that, even though the win/loss isn't where we all want it, this is an improved team…with an improved coaching staff.

I LOVE the fact that Zimm challenges the players to do their job real time. The loss today was not a resnflult of bad coaching, rather, the loss was the result of poor execution by the players. The obvious game plan was executed well, yes, touchdowns are always ideal…duh, but, we were playing the #1 run defense in the NFL. The makeshift line did well to lead the way to 150+ rushing yards.

That said…Greenway, you know it, a veteran allowed a 4th and 20 conversion. Once that happened, those of us that have live through the Hail Mary, the Cardinals TD to deny the playoff berth, Darrin Nelson's dropped pass in the NFC Championship game, 1998, 2009, the lost Super Bowls.

If Teddy is a good one, with the nucleus we have…there's a chance. If not, we don't.
    There is no doubt that the D should have stopped them on 4th and 20 and Greenway wasn't ready at the beginning of the play. It just sucked the game should have been won.

Not to worry... We all know as Viking fans that if this offense were ever going to score more than 1 td a game and begin to play well you KNOW the defense will then go in the tank. It's Viking football. We all knew what would happen yesterday even with the Vikings dominating the Bills offense. You knew they'd fuk it up some how. If it would not have been the 4th and 20 it would have been a defensive penalty , probably a phantom one. That's Viking football. Quit while you can Zimmer or you'll end up hanging yourself in your office before this mess is over. It's only a matter of time before the next arrest. Maybe next it will be Kalil being arrested for attempted murder the way he blocks for Teddy.

3. Everybody needs to calm down. Zimmer took over a team that is in disarray and not a lot of talent. We had two good drafts and some talented veterans so he is in better shape then some other coaches.

Add to the that, the team is learning new offensive and defensive systems and you knew the season would start out rough. Especially considering in the first six games we would see Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Stafford. Those games were not going to go well with the D we have right now.

What we have to do is look at a three year program; Zimmer is starting to show progress with our defense, we were much worse against last year's opponents. Considering who we played our defensive rankings are pretty good.

Category 2013 2014

Total D 32nd 20th

PPG 32nd 13th

YPG 31st 19th

Pass D 31st 15th

As you can see we were just about dead last in every category that matters. We are now in the middle of the pack and we played the best QBs in the league, I see our team looking much better against the Glennons of this league.

Other than the pukers and Pats no one has scored more than 28 points on us and that was the Falcons. All the other games have been 20 points or less. We are close to turning the corner and being a really good team. The players need to be more comfortable in Norv's system and we will be winning some ball games.

I said we would be around 7-9 and we still will be near that mark IMO. I think we will beat the Bucs, Skins, Panthers, Jets and Bears. I think we may beat GB at home and the Dolphins away so the future is still bright IMO.
    Last edited by tarkenton10; 10-20-2014 at 10:47 AM.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Everybody needs to calm down. Zimmer took over a team that is in disarray and not a lot of talent. We had two good drafts and some talented veterans so he is in better shape then some other coaches.

Add to the that, the team is learning new offensive and defensive systems and you knew the season would start out rough. Especially considering in the first six games we would see Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Stafford. Those games were not going to go well with the D we have right now.

What we have to do is look at a three year program; Zimmer is starting to show progress with our defense, we were much worse against last year's opponents. Considering who we played our defensive rankings are pretty good.

Category 2013 2014

Total D 32nd 20th

PPG 32nd 13th

YPG 31st 19th

Pass D 31st 15th

As you can see we were just about dead last in every category that matters. We are now in the middle of the pack and we played the best QBs in the league, I see our team looking much better against the Glennons of this league.

Other than the pukers and Pats no one has scored more than 28 points on us and that was the Falcons. All the other games have been 20 points or less. We are close to turning the corner and being a really good team. The players need to be more comfortable in Norv's system and we will be winning some ball games.

I said we would be around 7-9 and we still will be near that mark IMO. I think we will beat the Bucs, Skins, Panthers, Jets and Bears. I think we may beat GB at home and the Dolphins away so the future is still bright IMO.
    Seriously? What team are you watching? You have to score points my friend in todays NFL. This offense as it stands is not capable EVEN with 4 turnovers to score more than 1 TD a game. This team may win two more games and that is it. Probably the Bucs but I would not even bet on that game and another. They will not win one division game period. We are not even close to any of the other three teams in the division because WE CAN'T SCORE POINTS... BOTTOM LINE. You absolutely know what is going to happen. This defense lives on the field. It is going to get worn down and frustrated by what this offense DOES NOT DO. It will wilt under the pressure and start to leak oil. I've seen it before with Viking teams. I fear Patterson is no more than a serious special teams guy. He seems to not know how to get open in this league. Bottom line is we may be watching a qb become shell shocked never to recover. 4-12 MAX and if this team loses next week to the BUCS... GET READY FOR HELL ON EARTH... as it will begin to QUIT...

5. Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Seriously? What team are you watching? You have to score points my friend in todays NFL. This offense as it stands is not capable EVEN with 4 turnovers to score more than 1 TD a game. This team may win two more games and that is it. Probably the Bucs but I would not even bet on that game and another. They will not win one division game period. We are not even close to any of the other three teams in the division because WE CAN'T SCORE POINTS... BOTTOM LINE. You absolutely know what is going to happen. This defense lives on the field. It is going to get worn down and frustrated by what this offense DOES NOT DO. It will wilt under the pressure and start to leak oil. I've seen it before with Viking teams. I fear Patterson is no more than a serious special teams guy. He seems to not know how to get open in this league. Bottom line is we may be watching a qb become shell shocked never to recover. 4-12 MAX and if this team loses next week to the BUCS... GET READY FOR HELL ON EARTH... as it will begin to QUIT...
    In case you are not getting it not everyone agrees with you doom and gloom assessment. But it looks like you at least have convinced yourself so thats a start.

Every loss is a better draft pick next year. We will not be very competitive until we move into the new stadium. Its going to take time to recover from the Childress/Frazier years. Thats just the way it is.

WWBGD

Quote Originally Posted by EricTheViking View Post
    I don't think Zim should of called that time out, at the end of the game, to let the Bills settle down and figure out exactly what play they wanted to run.
    Agreed. I thought the same thing myself
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em

8. Quote Originally Posted by Suick View Post
    Agreed. I thought the same thing myself
    Should have called the timeout on 4th n 20

[QUOTE=MaxVike;1158672] Once that happened, those of us that have live through the Hail Mary, the Cardinals TD to deny the playoff berth, Darrin Nelson's dropped pass in the NFC Championship game, 1998, 2009, the lost Super Bowls. [QUOTE]

Ugh................Please stop.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast