Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    A lot of these players will not be on his team in three years, give him time and he will build a winner.
    That sorta contradicts what you said about Spielman being a good GM...

So far I'm very pleased with Zimmer and what he's brought to the entire organization. I didn't expect him to turn the team around overnight. You can tell the man means business, and I do believe the players respect him. Sometimes "tough love" is the only cure, and I like how Zimmer has handled things so far.

This is a process that will take a couple years to build up. Zimmer will be a very great NFL head coach. He has a very young squad to work with, give him the time.

3. Quote Originally Posted by ironbrigade View Post
    Keep in mind that while Zimmer is the head coach he's a defense guy. He's pretty much handed the offense to Norv Turner and under him is offensive line coach Jeff Davison. Davison was our offensive line coach when Peterson rushed for 2,000 yards. So he knows blocking. I can't believe that this offensive line in 24 months forgot how to block. I think what we are seeing is a diconnect between Turner and Davidson. Remember our offense is completely new so the offensive line is being asked to do new things. It will take time but I fully expect the line to greatly improve and that includes Kahlil.
    Good post. They are being asked to do different things .... that always takes time to gel. I believe we will see improvement each game week over week.

4. Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    Good post. They are being asked to do different things .... that always takes time to gel. I believe we will see improvement each game week over week.
    I think for both tackles Kalil and Loadholt when you are blocking the man in front of you straight up that really doesn't change from tykes on up. These guys are just getting beat, Loadholt has never been good with speed and Kalil looks like its all in his head.

Never thought the line has been good with Davidson here. AD crushed it that year by making great effort on his own. I think there is talent on the Oline but what ever they are doing to coach them is not working. This group has been together for 2+ years now and they are the problem on offense.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Purp1eOne View Post
    I think for both tackles Kalil and Loadholt when you are blocking the man in front of you straight up that really doesn't change from tykes on up. These guys are just getting beat, Loadholt has never been good with speed and Kalil looks like its all in his head.

Never thought the line has been good with Davidson here. AD crushed it that year by making great effort on his own. I think there is talent on the Oline but what ever they are doing to coach them is not working. This group has been together for 2+ years now and they are the problem on offense.
    I think that is pretty much what Zimmer said as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12