Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
  1. Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    Rhett Ellison Dad- Playes leaving Vikings because Toxic Leadership! Spin that blind homers!
    So, I'm a "blind homer" if I disagree with a nonsensical comment by the father of a player the Vikings don't need? One that is expendable because a player drafted last year, the supposed "worst draft in the history of the Vikings?"
    Riki said, “That’s why you see your veterans are leaving because they have to look at the future. They should be able to retain anybody they want." Ok Riki, let's take a look at the players leaving...or, most likely to leave:
    Chad Greenway - Retired
    Brandon Fusco - released...deservedly so. Drafted by the Vikings in Rd 6, 2011
    Jeff Locke - Colts...punter, replaceable, he's not Lechler. Drafted by Vikes Rd 5 2013. Looks like Dewey from Malcolm in the Middle - lol
    Mike Harris - released...see Fusco
    Adrian Peterson - too expensive. Drafted by the Vikings 7th overall in 2007
    Matt Asiata - UFA, no prospective teams. Signed by Vikings as Undrafted Free Agent in 2011
    Audie Cole - Jaguars, easily replaceble. Drafted by Vikings in 7th Round of 2012 Draft
    Rhett Ellison - Giants overpaid...Morgan is cheaper. Drafted by Vikings in the 4th Round in 2012
    Shaun Hill - time to upgrade. Signed by Vikings as UDFA in 2002, brought back in 2015
    Charles Johnson - Panthers...dude, did you play in 2016? Drafted by Packers, 7th Round 2013
    Matt Kalil - Panthers...his chance to improve is his older brother kicking his ass everyday. Drafted 4th Overall by Vikings in 2012
    Zach Line - easily replaceable, if Shurmur wants a FB
    Jake Long - I heard he pulled a pec answering the phone earlier today
    Captain Munnerlyn - Panthers. Owns a home and has family in Charlotte. His replacement was drafted last year. Let's not forget, Munnerlyn himself was hoping not to be cut after his first year in Purple.
    Terrence Newman - I could understand moving on by him and the Vikings. I liked Newman, still do.
    Cordarrelle Patterson - UFA, wants to stay...see below. Drafted by Vikings Round 1, 2013
    Andre Smith - couldn't stay on the field, lost his opportunity
    Justin Trattou - future TBD...my guess, another 1 year contract somewhere.

I would love to hear Riki Ellison explain that the aforementioned list of potential players leaving the Vikings are a core group that the Team CANNOT function without. Also, with the possible exception of Munnerlyn, I think the Vikings can upgrade over every single one. With that said, it is not out of the realm of possibility that Asiata, Newman, and Patterson come back with one year deals. Toxic Leadership, read Greenway's comments below...perhaps Riki didn't like Zimmer swearing at his son...I'm sure he loathes Spielman for not bringing him back. Ironically, Rhett couldn't thank Spielman and the Vikings enough for DRAFTING HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Riki Ellison: Vikings Have “Toxic Leadership”
    155 comments
    Rhett Ellison’s father is at it again
    by Christopher Gates@Gates_DN Mar 12, 2017, 6:56pm CDT

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/3/...rship#comments

Greenway on Zimmer: 'He's the Right Coach for This Football Team'

Posted 5 hours ago

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-...1-a00a44a4fdde

Cordarrelle Patterson Wants To Come Back To Minnesota
    133 comments
    At least, that’s what he’s saying on Snapchat
    by Christopher Gates@Gates_DN Mar 11, 2017, 5:55pm CST

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/3/...back-minnesota
    Last edited by MaxVike; 03-13-2017 at 08:31 PM.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Well, unfortunately I haven't seen anything during this FA period that leads me to believe we significantly improved our team. OL is still a weakness, we have no RBs, no No.1 receiver, no punter, no returner, and the defense has regressed. Did I miss anything? Going to have to be the "Draft of the Ages" for this team to compete. I am not optimistic for the coming year.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    If you think there won't be more truthful comments coming your nut's, Why keep defending Spielman? Isn't the record 42-51-1 since Spielman enough to piss you off or at least keep one's mouth shut? Why defend that record?
    I am very confused where you go back to for your Spielman record.

He has been the full time GM since the 2012 season, which accounts for a 41-38-1 record with two playoff losses.

If you go back to when he was hired as part of the player personnel process it is 2006. Record of 86-89-1 with a 1-3 record in the playoffs.

Are you just making stuff up again?

You know people can look this stuff up, right? Or do you not understand the interwebs despite your fancy draft pay-for-service?
    Last edited by midgensa; 03-14-2017 at 03:01 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    I am very confused where you go back to for your Spielman record.

He has been the full time GM since the 2012 season, which accounts for a 41-38-1 record with two playoff losses.

If you go back to when he was hired as part of the player personnel process it is 2006. Record of 86-89-1 with a 1-3 record in the playoffs.

Are you just making stuff up again?

You know people can look this stuff up, right? Or do you not understand the interwebs despite your fancy draft pay-for-service?
    Why do some people not make Rick accountable for the 2011season, we all saw the footage of him running that draft. Who do you think ran the draft the bean counter Rob Bryzenski? The Ponder pick and the 2011 season is on Rick's watch. I like that you don't make him accountable for a horrible season and then show us how a .500 record is okay with you. Stop defending this guy as you are becoming 1 in 10 that likes this turd.
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

5. Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    Why do some people not make Rick accountable for the 2011season, we all saw the footage of him running that draft. Who do you think ran the draft the bean counter Rob Bryzenski? The Ponder pick and the 2011 season is on Rick's watch. I like that you don't make him accountable for a horrible season and then show us how a .500 record is okay with you. Stop defending this guy as you are becoming 1 in 10 that likes this turd.
    Another post of subjective opinion. So, maybe you can patronize the rest of us with your subjective opinion of who would be your top 3 GMs and why... The list cannot include Belichick, he's clearly untouchable.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Way to answer the question. Great job.

It is simple. HE WAS NOT THE GM in 2011. Convenient to include 2011 but leave out the rest of the time he was in the SAME POSITION with the organization. And if you DO include 2011, your numbers are STILL incorrect.

So you basically say, "His good years are bullshit, he is 3-124-1 in his bad years!" Total spin not proving a point.

I never once said a .500 record was OK with me. I have halfway defended Spielman here and there. But, personally, don't love the guy. But, I am still going to call you a liar whenever you lie ... which is often.

You want to ONLY count when he is the GM, I gave you the numbers ... you want to count the other time he was here ... I gave you that.

I like how you completely make shit up to try and prove your points and then when you get called on it keep trying to spin. Even if you include 2011, your numbers are completely wrong.

Fake News.
    Last edited by midgensa; 03-14-2017 at 08:06 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    Way to answer the question. Great job.

It is simple. HE WAS NOT THE GM in 2011. Convenient to include 2011 but leave out the rest of the time he was in the SAME POSITION with the organization. And if you DO include 2011, your numbers are STILL incorrect.

So you basically say, "His good years are bullshit, he is 3-124-1 in his bad years!" Total spin not proving a point.

I never once said a .500 record was OK with me. I have halfway defended Spielman here and there. But, personally, don't love the guy. But, I am still going to call you a liar whenever you lie ... which is often.

You want to ONLY count when he is the GM, I gave you the numbers ... you want to count the other time he was here ... I gave you that.

I like how you completely make shit up to try and prove your points and then when you get called on it keep trying to spin. Even if you include 2011, your numbers are completely wrong.

Fake News.
    Spielman wasn't the GM in 2011? really? wow who was? Do you not remember seeing Viking fed video from the draft where Spielman ran the draft? Who was the GM? Who ran the draft? Come on man, you're killing me
    !
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

Spielman wasn't the GM in 2011? really? wow who was? Do you not remember seeing Viking fed video from the draft where Spielman ran the draft? Who was the GM? Who ran the draft? Come on man, you're killing me
    !
    He has been the GM since 2012 ... that is a fact. Whatever video you want to use from draft day war room ... blah blah blah.

If you are going to count 2011 AGAINST him, then you have to count every year he was in the same role (i.e. 2008 and 2009) FOR him.

Fake News.

We had no GM in 2011. Spielman was the VP of player personnel. In 2011 we had the failed triangle of authority running the team.

WWBGD

Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    We had no GM in 2011. Spielman was the VP of player personnel. In 2011 we had the failed triangle of authority running the team.
    Yeah ... but he saw a video where Spielman had a bunch of input ... throw that season on him!!

Same title in the organization in 2008 and 2009 ... he doesn't get credit for those because ... uh ... it doesn't fit his narrative

steel is a spinster. He gets his opinion (Spielman sucks) which there are plenty of strong arguments to be made and instead of making those arguments he makes up ways to make Spielman look worse, blames all bad things on Spielman and says NO good things have anything to do with Spielman ... very similar to some other characters in society right now.

Fake News.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast