Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
  1. Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    I have praised many great posters here and am grateful for the site. It's really only two guys here saying negative things towards me. The site that puts my mocks up is not my site for the record but it's the only place I do a Mock Draft however I don't know why one poster is so fixated on that. Skol
    Let's be perfectly clear... I'm not fixated on anything other than my family, don't compliment yourself. And, I may be blind, or have a different definition of "praise," but I've not seen that.

Mock Drafts are just that...I don't care about anyone's Mock Draft, even mine. They are a method to pass time...and fun to do so based on research we all do. They mean nothing, and, if you are as knowledgeable as you proclaim, you would hopefully agree.

Also, don't deflect how ++++ing insulting your comments about finding someone intelligent enough for you to grace with your story is. Let alone how broadly sweeping your insult about "finding someone kind or with high character," before you disclose your story. I encourage you to read your reply to Midge again...if you find your commentary to be perfectly normal, rather than potentially insulting, dismissive, or insulting, then, you sir, are the one in the wrong. You have no basis to judge me on intellect, character, or, my kindness. NONE.

Notice, apparently I'm intelligent enough not to use demeaning words.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

2. Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Let's be perfectly clear... I'm not fixated on anything other than my family, don't compliment yourself. And, I may be blind, or have a different definition of "praise," but I've not seen that.

Mock Drafts are just that...I don't care about anyone's Mock Draft, even mine. They are a method to pass time...and fun to do so based on research we all do. They mean nothing, and, if you are as knowledgeable as you proclaim, you would hopefully agree.

Also, don't deflect how ++++ing insulting your comments about finding someone intelligent enough for you to grace with your story is. Let alone how broadly sweeping your insult about "finding someone kind or with high character," before you disclose your story. I encourage you to read your reply to Midge again...if you find your commentary to be perfectly normal, rather than potentially insulting, dismissive, or insulting, then, you sir, are the one in the wrong. You have no basis to judge me on intellect, character, or, my kindness. NONE.

Notice, apparently I'm intelligent enough not to use demeaning words.
    I was not referring to you in anyway man!
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

3. More grist for the mill...an article regarding the Vikings' and Rick Spielman's Draft results. A very thorough, and seemingly objective, article.

How Well Have the Vikings Drafted?
    14 comments
    by wludford@wludford Apr 13, 2017, 10:53pm CDT

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/4/...ikings-drafted

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    More grist for the mill...an article regarding the Vikings' and Rick Spielman's Draft results. A very thorough, and seemingly objective, article.

How Well Have the Vikings Drafted?
    14 comments
    by wludford@wludford Apr 13, 2017, 10:53pm CDT

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/4/...ikings-drafted
    But what do any of those guys know?

I mean ... is their passion in player evaluation?

Great article that shows what most know, we have done fairly well in the draft over the years. I would say it would be interesting to show how poorly we have done in free agency ... because we often overspend and get too little bang there.

5. Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    But what do any of those guys know?

I mean ... is their passion in player evaluation?

Great article that shows what most know, we have done fairly well in the draft over the years. I would say it would be interesting to show how poorly we have done in free agency ... because we often overspend and get too little bang there.
    I completely agree with you... however, my biggest gripe with Rick Speilman is that i think we over-pay our players coming off rookie contracts... i.e. Jarius Wright, Sendejo, Rudolph... We paid Rudolph like he was a top notch TE... Sendejo 4yrs 16M??

I'm all for keeping our players, i just think sometimes we tend to pay them at the top of their position.... Im also mad we didn't keep Patterson.. .For what he got in Oakland we could afford to pay him... especially after what we paid to sign Floyd? 1.5M with up to 6M in incentives??

I won't miss Patterson. I liked the kid's potential initially but let's face it, he couldn't figure out how to play the position of receiver in the NFL. That's the bottom line. He was a very good returner but returners are fairly easy to obtain, a good WR is not. And returners aren't as important now as they were with the new rules all but phasing out the kick return. Same thing with Treadwell- we drafted him to line up, run a route, and catch passes. Evidently this is too much for him right now too. It's a result oriented business and if you're being paid to be a receiver, then dammit, you'd better catch passes. Theilen and Diggs are figuring it out and it shows.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

7. Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    I won't miss Patterson. I liked the kid's potential initially but let's face it, he couldn't figure out how to play the position of receiver in the NFL. That's the bottom line. He was a very good returner but returners are fairly easy to obtain, a good WR is not. And returners aren't as important now as they were with the new rules all but phasing out the kick return. Same thing with Treadwell- we drafted him to line up, run a route, and catch passes. Evidently this is too much for him right now too. It's a result oriented business and if you're being paid to be a receiver, then dammit, you'd better catch passes. Theilen and Diggs are figuring it out and it shows.
    I am with you re: Patterson...

I think Treadwell's time on the field suffered largely due to: 1) he was a rook, 2) Thielen and Diggs stepped up, and, 3) the Vikes simply had to determine what the did or didn't have with Patterson. I am optimistic about Treadwell, certainly as a 3rd down and Red Zone option short term and a bigger role eventually. I certainly remember how Cris Carter was limited due to speed...he worked his tail off and became the best perimeter (sideline and end zone) WR ever - this was Peter King's argument for his CC HOF endorsement. I'm not suggesting by any means that Treadwell is or could be CC, rather, I'm optimistic that Treadwell will work hard (as both Diggs and Thielen have) to stake his claim to playing time and a role in the offense. This is something that was seemingly lost by Patterson.

Seems to me that Patterson is good at two things: running fast and shedding tackles. All the other things it takes to play wide receiver...not so much. I don't see any connection between him and the Floyd signing. If Floyd lives up to those incentives in his contract, he will have given the Vikings much more value than Patterson would have.

I was firmly in the Treadwell camp last year before the draft. Not much to be excited about at this point. I see the Floyd thing as Treadwell insurance. The good news is, there is room on the depth chart for both of them if they do what they seem to be capable of doing.

Yeah as really it will be another year to see if Spielman can prove he can have a capable playoff team. And not have a 5-0 start only to let it escape them in 2016.
    Ready for Christmas!

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223