Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
  1. The Official Fire Rick Spielman Thread

After that mess yesterday it's time for someone else to run things

2. Rick Spielman Must Bring Hammer Down Before It's Brought Down On Him

The Minnesota Vikings cleaned house this offseason, turning over most of the coaching staff and doing away with a lot of under-performing veteran players.
    http://thevikingage.com/2014/10/13/c...lman-next-man/

Should we be surprised? He's been an abysmal failure at every team he's ruined. They ran him out of town in Miami. It's called a resume.. Rick's does not translate into a competent GM and never has.. This team will win maybe 4 games . They will get toasted next week in Buffalo who also has a very good d line. I would not be surprised if they lose to the stinking Bucs . When that happens get ready for hell. Zimmer might resign.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Should we be surprised? He's been an abysmal failure at every team he's ruined. They ran him out of town in Miami. It's called a resume.. Rick's does not translate into a competent GM and never has.. This team will win maybe 4 games . They will get toasted next week in Buffalo who also has a very good d line. I would not be surprised if they lose to the stinking Bucs . When that happens get ready for hell. Zimmer might resign.
    I sincerely hope Zimmer doesn't resign, he's the best thing to happen to this team in a long time... we've just had miserable FO leadership and continue to draft mediocre talent.

Barr will be a All Pro type of linebacker in a few years though...

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsVikings View Post
    Rick Spielman Must Bring Hammer Down Before It's Brought Down On Him

http://thevikingage.com/2014/10/13/c...lman-next-man/
    Great article, spells it out pretty clearly. Spielman made this mess and he can't point fingers at anyone else anymore.

I'm not sure I agree with who levies the fines. The coach is the guy who is closest to it. If that doesn't work, take them off the field. Suspensions are another thing entirely. Late for a meeting? Sit your ass down and be prepared to get cut. That's GM territory.

8. Not sure I agree with this being on Spielman,

From the article:
    Who made the call on Chris Cook a few years ago, deciding to keep Cook on the team despite his domestic assault case? - At that time in the NFL they followed the law and believed players were innocent until proven guilty.

Who made the call to keep bringing back Jerome Simpson despite all his troubles? - This was a bad call as it turns out, the guy just never got it.

Who botched Antoine Winfield’s exit from the team? - Winfield was done or the seahags would have kept him on the roster.

Who was responsible for the Josh Freeman mess? - Didn't Rick say that he provides the players and the coaches decide who plays? They put him in too soon and .....

Who exacerbated the Chris Kluwe situation by joining with Mike Priefer in telling Kluwe to tone down his off-field activities? - I have no problem with this.

The Adrian Peterson situation is on another level, one so severe that ownership has had to get involved, but Spielman’s fingerprints are all over that as well. - How so?

In my opinion without a top 5 QB most GMs out there are in trouble. Old TT would be gone by now if it wasn't for ARod just look what that great roster did without him playing last year.

The only thing could have done to get a franchise QB over the past decade was sucked for Luck.

settle down everyone this isnt Spielmans fault.... this would happen to a lot of teams who lose their best player... none the less Rudolph, Fusco, Greenway

we will bounce back , Teddy will be fine, relax everyone we werent winning the super bowl this year anyway

and all you fire Spielman people who do you want to replace him? show me their resume

Rhodes and Barr have been fantastic. Ev Griff has been solid, Jared Allen and Kevin Williams we let walk I havent heard their names all season. we are in a rebuild people lets see where we are by the end of next year...

10. It is easy to snipe when things aren't optimal. There is not a GM on the planet, according to 6 time Executive of the Year Bill Polian, that is much better than 50% successful in the Draft. Now, has Spielman seemingly bumbled a few moves, absolutely…has he effed up as much as most would represent? I'm not buying it.

It's an interesting opinion by the writer, not sure I agree with the author. In theory, any GM drafts players based on input from the coaches on what they need in order for their schemes to work… They are not drafting players and telling the coaches to make it work (certainly there are exceptions). So, Zimm, Norm, Edwards, and Priefer will be working with Scouts and the GM going forward.

Sorry folks, I am still optimistic that Zimm will whip the undisciplined existing players into shape, and that the current coaching Staff will be much better at providing input in the Draft and FA processes.

Spielman brought Zimm in and deserves the credit for that IMHO. Zimm has already made an impact with Robinson, Rhodes, Hodges, and more… His no nonsense approach will neuter any BS by players (see the post Lions game pressers), the GM, and his coaches.

I wonder who the players who are late to meetings or the training table are…they either get on board, or they will be hating life as a Viking.

It reminds me of Bud Grant…in a round of golf with Ahmad Rashad years ago, he told me Bud had four rules. Can't remember what they were, but, if a player broke one of them, he was pretty much gone.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast