Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 229
  1. This will be the last year for Rick! Starting to look like 6-10 at best.

  2. #172
    I'm not exactly thrilled but I'm not as pissed as some of you. Definitely not surprised. You can see by the outrageous contracts for lineman that there is simply a lack of quality guys available and they can really be picky about where they go. I know that you may not want to accept this, but it's not like Spielman chose to not to sign the few better options. Maybe Whitworth thinks Zimmer is a jerk. Maybe at age 35 he'd rather finish his career living someplace warm. Maybe it has to do with the style of offense he wants to play in. Most of the league needs help at tackle...why do we assume that Minnesota was even a consideration?

    ...now if you want to be critical about being in this situation in the first place, I think that is a valid argument. The commitment of draft capital to offensive line has not been there since Matt Kalil (who would have been the pick for just about any GM, based on everything I've heard). As far as what's happened in the last couple days though, as much as I'd love to see Whitworth on the left and Wagner on the right, I'm over it.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post
    I'm not exactly thrilled but I'm not as pissed as some of you. Definitely not surprised. You can see by the outrageous contracts for lineman that there is simply a lack of quality guys available and they can really be picky about where they go. I know that you may not want to accept this, but it's not like Spielman chose to not to sign the few better options. Maybe Whitworth thinks Zimmer is a jerk. Maybe at age 35 he'd rather finish his career living someplace warm. Maybe it has to do with the style of offense he wants to play in. Most of the league needs help at tackle...why do we assume that Minnesota was even a consideration?

    ...now if you want to be critical about being in this situation in the first place, I think that is a valid argument. The commitment of draft capital to offensive line has not been there since Matt Kalil (who would have been the pick for just about any GM, based on everything I've heard). As far as what's happened in the last couple days though, as much as I'd love to see Whitworth on the left and Wagner on the right, I'm over it.
    I don't care about the money players should get big money, i care about the talent and i care about winning. Winning has to be a bigger priority to all things Vikings. Fans, Front Office and the team all have to stop making excuses. I am also happy about anybody that is pissed off, they should be pissed off this team has gone 48-64-1 this decade? Thats embarrassing, and these fans say well I'm okay with or i'm not pissed, it's like where are the 70's style Viking fans that wouldn't put up with this crap?
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

  4. Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    I don't care about the money players should get big money, i care about the talent and i care about winning. Winning has to be a bigger priority to all things Vikings. Fans, Front Office and the team all have to stop making excuses. I am also happy about anybody that is pissed off, they should be pissed off this team has gone 48-64-1 this decade? Thats embarrassing, and these fans say well I'm okay with or i'm not pissed, it's like where are the 70's style Viking fans that wouldn't put up with this crap?
    Just a question, and a point.

    Question: What does it mean for a fan to not "put up with this crap" actually imply? I'm serious...I've often wondered this. Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy the Vikes are in this position Re: OLine to begin with...but, what am I supposed to do? Complain everytime I post? Not go to a game this year? Cancel my NFL Sunday Ticket subscription?

    Point: As I previously said, I'm not going to declare the sky is falling on March 11. There's alot of off season to go through, the Draft, roster cuts, etc.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  5. All I know is if the Vikings don't make the playoffs and make some noise, I think Spielman, Zimmer, and the entire organization will be out of work. That being the entire coaching staff and front office not named Wilf.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    All I know is if the Vikings don't make the playoffs and make some noise, I think Spielman, Zimmer, and the entire organization will be out of work. That being the entire coaching staff and front office not named Wilf.
    I agree that changes would be made, and should be made...IF the Vikes regress again.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  7. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    I had the PFF #'s from wrong year however you said it 48th and and 51st ranked Offensive Tackle. That good enough for you man? Quality or Quantity you decide! Epic Epic Fail!
    Never said it was good enough for me. Simply pointed out the fact that you are a liar whenever it suits to try and prove your points.

    It is not the first time you have been called out for "making a mistake" and using bullshit on here.

    You will do it anytime to try and prove your point.

    Keep on keeping on. At least your garbage keeps shit moving on here.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I agree that changes would be made, and should be made...IF the Vikes regress again.
    Agreed.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Just a question, and a point.

    Question: What does it mean for a fan to not "put up with this crap" actually imply? I'm serious...I've often wondered this. Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy the Vikes are in this position Re: OLine to begin with...but, what am I supposed to do? Complain everytime I post? Not go to a game this year? Cancel my NFL Sunday Ticket subscription?

    Point: As I previously said, I'm not going to declare the sky is falling on March 11. There's alot of off season to go through, the Draft, roster cuts, etc.
    More passionate fan bases know how to bring the heat. You remember Bob Schnelker? The Viking fans basically ran this guy out of town, That's what i would like to see done with Spielman. It's a social media age. Vikings have their own FB page, Hammer that page with facts. Bring a sign to the the Viking games, 42-51-1 NOT Good Enough! Write a letter to the Wilf Family.
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

  10. Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    Never said it was good enough for me. Simply pointed out the fact that you are a liar whenever it suits to try and prove your points.

    It is not the first time you have been called out for "making a mistake" and using bullshit on here.

    You will do it anytime to try and prove your point.

    Keep on keeping on. At least your garbage keeps shit moving on here.
    I bring facts i admit i had the wrong PFF #'s but that's not lying. Is it lying when i point out the Vikings are 49-61-1 in this decade? I'm i lying when i say that Spielman paid AP 18 million last year and now he may not even be worth 3 million a year? I'm a lying when i say 2016 is potentially the worst draft in franchise history? I'm a lying when i say 2106 was probably the worst OL we have had in 60 years? I'm i lying when i say this Viking Team lacks offensive playmakers? Remember i love everything Vikings and you can name call me but you better have your facts right too mate! SKOL
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •