Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    I don't care about the money players should get big money, i care about the talent and i care about winning. Winning has to be a bigger priority to all things Vikings. Fans, Front Office and the team all have to stop making excuses. I am also happy about anybody that is pissed off, they should be pissed off this team has gone 48-64-1 this decade? Thats embarrassing, and these fans say well I'm okay with or i'm not pissed, it's like where are the 70's style Viking fans that wouldn't put up with this crap?
    You care about talent and winning? Well that's great! I'm sure that is exactly what we're missing in Minnesota. The front office and fan base just don't want it bad enough. Got it.

I know we won't agree on the proper level of outrage that I should have, or whether or not Spielman should still have his job, but I'll go out on a limb on two things. First, torches and pitchforks will not get Spielman fired this offseason. Second, if you choose to accept the first thing, it will not weaken this franchise.

If this next season is a train wreck, my guess is that Spielman's gone. If that happens, it will be because ownership (who I have no doubt are hellbent on winning a Super Bowl) wants it, not because of any letters or social media posts. Right now I think the best you can hope for is to write a letter and convince them to break the bank to buy a subscription to your draft analysis site to help out your favorite GM. We can even make it a team effort to make it more effective. Post the letter on here and we can all proofread it for accuracy, grammar, and coherence. I think it would help.

2. Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    More passionate fan bases know how to bring the heat. You remember Bob Schnelker? The Viking fans basically ran this guy out of town, That's what i would like to see done with Spielman. It's a social media age. Vikings have their own FB page, Hammer that page with facts. Bring a sign to the the Viking games, 42-51-1 NOT Good Enough! Write a letter to the Wilf Family.
    Yes, I've been a Vikings fan for 50 years, I remember Schnelker, Steckel, Childress, McCombs... At the point I agree with you re: Spielman, I will join you. I will not join you until and if there is a regression this year.

And, here's some more balanced perspective from the Daily Norseman...

Vikings Free Agency: Rick Spielman Is The Greatest And Also The Worst
    A look at what’s transpired with the Vikings in free agency thus far.
    by Christopher Gates@Gates_DN Mar 12, 2017, 2:42pm CDT

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/3/...greatest-worst

SKOL Vikings!
    Last edited by MaxVike; 03-12-2017 at 07:51 PM.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

3. Quote Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post
    You care about talent and winning? Well that's great! I'm sure that is exactly what we're missing in Minnesota. The front office and fan base just don't want it bad enough. Got it.

I know we won't agree on the proper level of outrage that I should have, or whether or not Spielman should still have his job, but I'll go out on a limb on two things. First, torches and pitchforks will not get Spielman fired this offseason. Second, if you choose to accept the first thing, it will not weaken this franchise.

If this next season is a train wreck, my guess is that Spielman's gone. If that happens, it will be because ownership (who I have no doubt are hellbent on winning a Super Bowl) wants it, not because of any letters or social media posts. Right now I think the best you can hope for is to write a letter and convince them to break the bank to buy a subscription to your draft analysis site to help out your favorite GM. We can even make it a team effort to make it more effective. Post the letter on here and we can all proofread it for accuracy, grammar, and coherence. I think it would help.
    Brother this is truly funny and I had to laugh even at my own expense. You're a true fan and all I can say to you is Skol! You got me man well played!
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

Well avoided Steelguitar - all talk and no action

5. Rhett Ellison Dad- Playes leaving Vikings because Toxic Leadership! Spin that blind homers!

The dad is a joke - he deleted his tweets after he realised what a foolish thing that was to do

To quote Ben Leber:

"Elimination of 2-a-days; 1 padded practice/week...and some players think it's TOO PHYSICAL?!?! And a coach that yells. Soft ass generation"

Steelguitar - let's get your thoughts before these happen. should Vikes sign?

Eddie Lacy
    AD
    J Charles
    L Murray

If they do, what would you pay?

Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    Rhett Ellison Dad- Playes leaving Vikings because Toxic Leadership! Spin that blind homers!
    Here is what is funny ... I know and have met Rhett Ellison's dad on a few occasions and know VERY good friends of the family.

He is a piece of crap.

Not sure about his son, do not know him that well, but Rhett Ellison's dad would say ANYTHING to make his son look good (which is not really a bad thing that is a dad's job) ... but I can assure you ... he knows NOTHING about the inner workings of an NFL franchise.

That is not blind homers ... that is FACT. He is upset that the team did not want his already far too-long in the league son back on the team. That simple.

9. If you think there won't be more truthful comments coming your nut's, Why keep defending Spielman? Isn't the record 42-51-1 since Spielman enough to piss you off or at least keep one's mouth shut? Why defend that record?

10. Quote Originally Posted by UKPurple View Post
    Steelguitar - let's get your thoughts before these happen. should Vikes sign?

Eddie Lacy
    AD
    J Charles
    L Murray

If they do, what would you pay?
    The best thing for this franchise right now IMHO is to draft two RB's and use the $ at other positions, This roster is really in a bad way right now. I am really high on Samaja Perine at 48. and there will be a Jordan Howard type of steal or two or three in this draft in the 5th or 6th round. i believe in 1984 Vikings drafted two RB's Alfred Anderson and Allen Rice and that worked like Gold, i would mimic that in this draft that would fix that position i believe. I truly believe if the get Perine alone RB will instantly not be an issue anymore for years to come, i absolutely love his game and see so much Maurice Jones Drew in it.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast