Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Well the Bradford thing was suppose to save the season. But after a fast start. It all went downhill.
    Ready for Christmas!

Without Bradford we'd have gone 4-12. It was not his fault the Vikings missed the playoffs and he did a good job in tough circumstances. I think I like ol' Sam just fine. There are many out there not as good as he is.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

3. There are a lot of things about this season to be pissed off about, but the least of those is Bradford. He had almost 4000 yards passing a 20-5 TD to Int ratio, set a NFL record for completion percentage, set a Vikings record for most completions. All of this behind the worst OL in the league, and losing the franchise RB in the 2nd game of the season (Bradford's first start)

The defense tired early and often because they were always on the field, how Bradford played all year is a miracle in itself seeing as though the OL couldn't pass block to save their lives. When you have zero threat at RB, it limits your passing game. As quick as Bradford had to get rid of the ball, I'm amazed that he had almost 4000 yards passing, but even more amazed that he only had 5 picks on the season.

If I have one knack against Bradford, it's his inability to sense a pass rush. Almost every time he was hit on the blindside, he seemed to fumble. Other than that, I don't blame Bradford one bit. I blame the OL first and foremost, then not having a competent running game second. If they restructure the OL and have a good running game, Bradford could easily put up 5000 yards and 25-30 TD's. I'll take that any day of the week.

4. Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Without Bradford we'd have gone 4-12. It was not his fault the Vikings missed the playoffs and he did a good job in tough circumstances. I think I like ol' Sam just fine. There are many out there not as good as he is.
    4-12 with a top 5 pick and and all the picks we have in this draft we would be in a better spot than we are now. Rick Spielman wouldn't be in a better spot, but the team would be moving forward.
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    4-12 with a top 5 pick and and all the picks we have in this draft we would be in a better spot than we are now. Rick Spielman wouldn't be in a better spot, but the team would be moving forward.
    That is true, we should have just thrown the season from the get-go!

Worked for Indy! "Suck for Luck!"
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Worked for Indy! "Suck for Luck!"
    Indy did not decide to do that until they started 0-4 ... had they started 5-0 they certainly would not have done it.

Speaking of that season ... I don't understand how we won that game at Philly late that year. We had NO business winning games late with Andrew Luck in play. We had a legit shot at him (ended up picking third) but people thought we were good with Ponder.

HUGE mistake by everyone involved. Including Frazier who I think was most behind the Poonder pick. And, yes, Spielman deserves to be bashed for that as well. We should have been 2-14 ... no ifs ands or buts.

8. So, I'm never for "throwing" any game. Professional athletes and coaches are paid to win, thus, all out effort by all is table stakes. Rewind a few games to the outrage when the Vikes were outplayed by the Colts...

With that said, here is an article regarding the Sam Bradford trade with opinions and conclusions based on film and many statistical facts. Whether you agree or not, it's an article worth reading IMHO... http://vikingsterritory.com/2017/ana...son-assessment

SKOL Vikings!
    Last edited by MaxVike; 01-12-2017 at 08:24 AM.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

9. How y'all feeling about Rick in free agency so fr?
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

I love Rick Spielman. Best GM around. Period

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast