Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Just in time for the Thursday game with the Cowpunks. It will be tough living amongst the most obnoxious football fans in America.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Just in time for the Thursday game with the Cowpunks. It will be tough living amongst the most obnoxious football fans in America.
    No, I don't live in Boston.
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

3. Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I (surprisingly) don't blame Spielman, or Zimmer for that matter. This team has been DECIMATED by injuries this year. Not much we can do with essentially a back-up O-line and patchwork RBs.

One thing I don't understand is our complete inability to utilize Jerrick McKinnon properly. We continually try to force him to be a between-the-tackles RB... he'll never be that. We need to utilize him like Darren Sproles has been used his entire career, pretty much as a RB/slot receiver.

One thing is for sure, we're not winning anything this year. And as much as I hate to say it, we're probably entering yet another rebuilding phase.
    I'm in total agreement with literally everything you've written here, except for the rebuilding point. I think one position group needs to be rebuilt, seemingly yet again...Offensive Line. Expected the line to struggle early, then come together mid-year. Given the injuries...that was/is just not going to happen.

I'm baffled by the McKinnon point too... I guess, if he were utilized as you say, we'd be having a different discussion.

Enjoy Dallas, some great Texas BBQ down there...it's all about the beef, especially brisket!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    The cowboy fans don't hold a candle to the Philadelphia fans when it comes to being obnoxious

WWBGD

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Thanks, good to be back. Been busy with a move and new job... I'm now a resident of Dallas, TX... :|
    I lived in Lubbock Tx for a few years as a Viking fan. It can be .........trying to say the least.

WWBGD

6. Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    The cowboy fans don't hold a candle to the Philadelphia fans when it comes to being obnoxious
    Amen brother, Amen

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    One thing I don't understand is our complete inability to utilize Jerrick McKinnon properly. We continually try to force him to be a between-the-tackles RB... he'll never be that. We need to utilize him like Darren Sproles has been used his entire career, pretty much as a RB/slot receiver.
    I think they run between the tackles cause that is where the strength of our crappy line is, guards and center with Fusco, Berger and Boone......when those guys are missing too

I agree he would be better out of the slot or quick running back flares but with defenses not playing deep zones these are being covered

8. Spielman has his nose up Zygis Rear and then Pfiefer has his nose up Spielman's rear. Now you know the rest of the story of how WP is run. Don't be surprised to see Zimmer step down as Spielman has ruined two NFL franchises just ask Nick Saban.
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    How does Bradford trade look now!
    Looks like he is the 2017 starter per Zim

Mike Zimmer said before the final game of the regular season that he thought quarterback Sam Bradford did an amazing job after being traded to Minnesota just before the start of the regular season.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...to-be-starter/
    Last edited by vikinggreg; 01-03-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Looks like he is the 2017 starter per Zim

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...to-be-starter/
    I think the Bradford trade looks fine. I think he played very well and should be given a ton of credit for how he performed.

I think there are definitely questions about Spielman, but if Bradford ends up our QB for 5-10 years (which he might be) then giving up a mid-1st Round pick for him was not a terrible trade.

It certainly hurts that we need O-Line help and we don't get to touch anyone in the first round, so there is a sting, but for a top-half QB (which Bradford certainly showed he might be) we did not give up the farm.

The big question is how we move forward. If we decide that Teddy is still the future, then it was a terrible trade, but if Bradford starts for the next handful of years and puts up similar numbers (which should be better as O-Line and WR help hopefully arrives) then the trade itself is not bad.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast