Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Where is the genius that was on me after the Atlanta game telling me how wrong I was that the Vikings were going to struggle mightily to score points. Atlanta defense sucks and it was Bridgewater's first game and no real read on him yet. Teams are now seeing how to defend him. It's called take away the flats, and crowd the line . It's the same formula for Ponder. The solution to beat the Vikings offense is in and it's not going to change, Bridgewater CAN'T succeed without Peterson back there. Peterson can make a horrible line seem decent and can make his own yards. The Vikings pay three guys on that terrible line big money. Oversized Loadholt,,,, undersized Sullivan, and the revolving door Kalil. In other words they are FUKED.
    I agree, have to give them their props for pounding the falcons, but with no vertical threat and no AD and a average at best Oline this offense is not dictating anything.

If it would have been Ponder out there yesterday everybody would have been all over him, not giving him any excuses but as we see there are a lot more issues with the O.

Ponder on bench making 3 million .....
    Jennings grossly overpaid ......
    Loadholt grossly overpaid.....
    Sullivan grossly overpaid......
    Kalil first round bust grossly overpaid
    Robison undersized grossly overpaid
    Griffin grossly overpaid on POTENTIAL
    Greenway grossly overpaid...
    Patterson grossly underused
    PETERSON THE ONLY GUY ON THIS ROSTER THAT EARNED HIS GROSSLY OVERPAID CHECK BEFORE HE BECAME THE ANTI CHRIST TO THE MEDIA AND THE SPECIAL INTERESTS....

3. Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Ponder on bench making 3 million .....
    Jennings grossly overpaid ......
    Loadholt grossly overpaid.....
    Sullivan grossly overpaid......
    Kalil first round bust grossly overpaid
    Robison undersized grossly overpaid
    Griffin grossly overpaid on POTENTIAL
    Greenway grossly overpaid...
    Patterson grossly underused
    PETERSON THE ONLY GUY ON THIS ROSTER THAT EARNED HIS GROSSLY OVERPAID CHECK BEFORE HE BECAME THE ANTI CHRIST TO THE MEDIA AND THE SPECIAL INTERESTS....
    Is Ponder just gross?

Giving up 8 sacks and I don't know how many hurries is a formula for disaster. If Bridgewater, or any other QB for that matter, can't set up and throw the chance of success diminishes dramatically. This one is on the Oline.

5. Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Giving up 8 sacks and I don't know how many hurries is a formula for disaster. If Bridgewater, or any other QB for that matter, can't set up and throw the chance of success diminishes dramatically. This one is on the Oline.
    Even Zimmer said not all of the sacks were on the Oline and the first interception Teddy had all the day in the world to complete that pass. The second int was on Asiata and the third was just a tipped ball.

So is it the talent of the Oline or is it the Oline coach. Since we have had that coach I have only seen one guy improve and that was Fusco. Kalil was good his rookie year and since the coaching has sunk in he has become terrible. I would put the blame 50/50 on the players and the Oline coaches. I know they made sure he didn't get out the door when the new staff came in but I think he should have.

6. Gordon McGuinness ‏@PFF_Gordon 32m32 minutes ago Ziggy Ansah had a sack, hit or hurry, once every 2.88 pass rushing attempts yesterday. Impressive is an understatment.

----

Ouch

Blog Entries
    It seemed really encouraging that the defense was able to get off the field on third down. They held Stafford to under 200 yards passing. The problem was that Detroit was so quick on their defensive line that the Vikings' offensive line could not handle their speed. That put extra pressure on Bridgewater, and he struggled as a result. Ziggy Ansah played like J.J. Watt yesterday!

Not to my surprise, the Vikings are a work in progress. If Kalil is in a slump, perhaps they can bring in a TE on his side to help him handle the pass rush?

8. All around fail on offense. Starting with the OL and blocking in general. Teddy got the rookie QB treatment, hopefully he doesn't have too many more of these games where he starts seeing ghosts.

Expect the same game plan next week...hopefully this team can adapt.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast