Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Doesn't matter where he smoked it, it's still against NFL policy. People can't grasp that. Steroids aren't illegal either, but the NFL has strict policies against PED's.
    Well this is not an NFL court room, if he where in Colo. he would not be braking the law, but most likely the bond would have its own language regarding usage.
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

2. Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Doesn't matter where he smoked it, it's still against NFL policy. People can't grasp that. Steroids aren't illegal either, but the NFL has strict policies against PED's.
    Since we are talking about a legal issue here, regarding his breaking a bail agreement with the state of Texas, it sure as hell does matter. NFL policy does not dictate what can be held against a player in a legal situation such as this. He can be held accountable by the league, but not by the court.

However, my statement before was mostly facetious in any case. I would not advise him to lie about this, or anything else.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

What an imbecile. No wonder he can't figure out protections and blocking schemes. I'm tired of idiots on this team. Release this moron.

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtdan View Post
    Well this is not an NFL court room, if he where in Colo. he would not be braking the law, but most likely the bond would have its own language regarding usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post
    Since we are talking about a legal issue here, regarding his breaking a bail agreement with the state of Texas, it sure as hell does matter. NFL policy does not dictate what can be held against a player in a legal situation such as this. He can be held accountable by the league, but not by the court.

However, my statement before was mostly facetious in any case. I would not advise him to lie about this, or anything else.
    Nope it doesn't matter at all. You both are missing the point. That point being AD IS NOT supposed to be smoking pot at all because he is under contract in the NFL & it's against there policy.

Legal or illegal, under a bond or not, he isn't supposed to be smoking weed. Not only was he stupid for smoking it & breaking the NFL drug policy, he was even more stupid for doing it while he was out on bond and I doubt there's any bond policies out there in the state of Texas that states, "by all means, feel free to smoke pot while you're out on bond".

He can be held accountable by the league & also by the court for violating the bond restrictions.

So, in addition to what he faces legally in the state of Texas, the NFL can come back at him for it too. He definitely shouldn't be on paid suspension.

He knew he was doing wrong, he'd have to know that, but I'm sure he's thinking, "Hey, I'm AD & I should be able to get away with things" [Like he has in the past]
    Last edited by singersp; 10-11-2014 at 09:47 PM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

5. Adrian Peterson to face jail after marijuana admission?

esota Vikings star running back Adrian Peterson could be facing a week in jail after allegedly admitting last week to smoking
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...sion/17250655/

6. If Peterson was a "weed" smoker, he probably wouldn't have punished his kid with switch.
    In the last 15 years, Tampa Bay as more playoff wins than the Dallas Cowboys.

7. Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Nope it doesn't matter at all. You both are missing the point. That point being AD IS NOT supposed to be smoking pot at all because he is under contract in the NFL & it's against there policy.

Legal or illegal, under a bond or not, he isn't supposed to be smoking weed. Not only was he stupid for smoking it & breaking the NFL drug policy, he was even more stupid for doing it while he was out on bond and I doubt there's any bond policies out there in the state of Texas that states, "by all means, feel free to smoke pot while you're out on bond".

He can be held accountable by the league & also by the court for violating the bond restrictions.

So, in addition to what he faces legally in the state of Texas, the NFL can come back at him for it too. He definitely shouldn't be on paid suspension.

He knew he was doing wrong, he'd have to know that, but I'm sure he's thinking, "Hey, I'm AD & I should be able to get away with things" [Like he has in the past]
    Does this mean your giving up your president title in the AD fan club?

8. Adrian Peterson's lawyer files motion opposing judge's recusal

http://www.startribune.com/local/279467852.html

9. Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsVikings View Post
    Adrian Peterson's lawyer files motion opposing judge's recusal

http://www.startribune.com/local/279467852.html
    Hardin called the state’s motion “a tale of sound and fury, one that is, by turns, long on vitriol and ad hominem attacks, but tellingly short on legal analysis, and utterly silent on legal authority.”
    Whooeee, that is a lot of fancy talk right there..Apparently the DA hasn't done real well with this judge and Rusty has....

10. Judge will hear Adrian Peterson case

Updated: October 22, 2014, 6:07 PM ET
    Associated Press

CONROE, Texas -- A prosecution request to remove the judge handling the felony child abuse case against Minnesota Vikings star Adrian Peterson was denied on Wednesday.
    Montgomery County state District Judge Kelly Case will continue handling the case following a recusal hearing in which he was accused of being biased against prosecutors. Retired Tarrant County District Judge Jeff Walker, who presided over the recusal hearing, ruled against prosecutors, saying they had not met the high standards required for recusing a judge.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ild-abuse-case

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast