Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cut Ponder

1. Cut Ponder

The Vikings are wasting a roster spot and money on him. He was horrible, I would have rather watched McKinnon play QB for us then him. They should have cut him after the game and let him walk home.

He single handedly blew that game up for the Vikes. He was consistently behind his WRs which is a definite NO-NO, the trailing defenders had a field day with him.

He had so much trouble making decisions and held onto the ball way too long. Like a Crazy girlfriend, you want to get rid of him and forget about him as soon as possible.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Let see.. you have lost one QB to injury, and recently just signed a practice squader type for insurance. So you want to cut the only viable backup option you have for the season to Bridgewater after a single game under this offense? Really only had a bad quarter.. play improved in the second half from a neutral perspective. It is not like he had a clean pocket to play from or a running game to support him. The Packers decided to focus on taking away the run option and I think the real concern in Minnesota should be offensive line. They struggled against a defensive line that was getting rag dolled in Chicago.

Not saying it is a great option.. but seems to be the only prudent one at the moment.
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Quote Originally Posted by pack93z View Post
    Let see.. you have lost one QB to injury, and recently just signed a practice squader type for insurance. So you want to cut the only viable backup option you have for the season to Bridgewater after a single game under this offense?
    Ponder is not a viable option.

Really only had a bad quarter.
    Wrong. What game were you watching?

Play improved in the second half from a neutral perspective. It is not like he had a clean pocket to play from or a running game to support him.
    Ponder makes poor presnap reads, takes forever to go through half of his progressions, stares down his primary, never head fakes, and could get breakfast served at Perkins on a busy Sunday morning faster than he can get the ball out. Make the reads, check the receivers, and make quick and accurate throws - that keeps the pocket clean.

The Packers decided to focus on taking away the run option and I think the real concern in Minnesota should be offensive line. They struggled against a defensive line that was getting rag dolled in Chicago.
    The Packers took away the run option because they knew that Ponder would take away the pass option beyond 12 yards and miss everything that moves across the field.

Yes, the offensive line has problems. The lack of depth on the line gave the Vikings a giant gaping wound throughout the game. That stated, a good quarterback can negate a lot of line problems through timing and consistency in the pocket.

Not saying it is a great option.. but seems to be the only prudent one at the moment.
    It may have, but it is a false option - especially with the personnel packages Norv Turner used in Thursday's game. There should rarely be a three receiver package used with Ponder at quarterback. Two tight ends or a two back sets are the only way to go. Ponder never gets to the third receiver in his progression anyway, and the latter sets are better for blocking and seam passes that Ponder can actually hit.

[QUOTE=pack93z;1157839]Let see.. So you want to cut the only viable backup option you have for the season to Bridgewater after a single game under this offense?

Ya. We should have called in sick if Teddy is not available.
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

Brady Quinn would be a better option than Ponder at this point.

How does Rick Spielman still have a job?
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

6. Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Because Zygi isn't very smart

7. Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Brady Quinn would be a better option than Ponder at this point.

He may have drafted Ponder but he also drafted Bridgewater and I could go on with the good draft picks he selected.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

8. Quote Originally Posted by pack93z View Post
    Let see.. you have lost one QB to injury, and recently just signed a practice squader type for insurance. So you want to cut the only viable backup option you have for the season to Bridgewater after a single game under this offense? Really only had a bad quarter.. play improved in the second half from a neutral perspective. It is not like he had a clean pocket to play from or a running game to support him. The Packers decided to focus on taking away the run option and I think the real concern in Minnesota should be offensive line. They struggled against a defensive line that was getting rag dolled in Chicago.

I'm not sure Spielman or the coaching staff recognizes the limitations of the offensive line. That is partially due to Peterson having success despite this line. They have been good at run blocking at times but have rarely been good at pass blocking. A good QB helps. Ponder is not that guy.

We are down to our third option at QB. Ponder might not be very good, but who do you want in his place? I can't stand how he plays, but....Ah shit.....he sucks really bad and we should get rid of him and sign just about anyone else.

Hmmmm. Cut Ponder? Well, there is that little issue within our community. I like to call it, "The Cult of Ponder." I was on a facebook Vikes community page awhile back and there were STILL, STILL!!! people on there defending everything that cross-eyed puke does. Seriously, I wondered why deep passing plays were being called for that nugget. His role should be exactly what he did the other night: garbage time hand-offs to close out a game. That scrub they signed the other day couldn't have done any worse. If there is anything positive about last night's freaking a@@-reaming, beatdown, blowout, mud-hole stomped of a game, it's that hopefully, HOPEFULLY, that no-football playin, non-athletic, cream-puff, window-licking, turnip will finally and forever be expunged from the organization.
    Tuco the world.....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast