Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    He is like a screen door on a submarine?
    That works.

2. I thought it was meant to imply that, unlike a regular door, he can't keep much of anything from getting past him.

In any case, I really was kind of puzzled when we got him, because (apparently unlike some of you here) I had not really heard much of anything about him that would stand out. If it was to be an upgrade at all, it wasn't that much of one.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post
    I thought it was meant to imply that, unlike a regular door, he can't keep much of anything from getting past him.

In any case, I really was kind of puzzled when we got him, because (apparently unlike some of you here) I had not really heard much of anything about him that would stand out. If it was to be an upgrade at all, it wasn't that much of one.
    It was a huge upgrade at Nickel, the slot has been an Achilles heel for us. He is one of the best slot corner in the game. However, if we use him primarily at the slot he will be a very expensive nickel corner, so I am sure that is why he is playing on the outside quite a bit.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Those Spielman arguments have been sitting in notepad docs for months.
    You still use Notepad?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    I would guess it is a metaphor. He is not actually a screen door.

Maybe it is a reference to someone breaking into our house, and a screen door just lets 'em in. We need our DBs to be metal doors with bars, dead bolt locks, and an alarm.

Maybe a screen door looks like there's something there, but whenever you try and walk through it, you get hit in the nose?

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Maybe a screen door looks like there's something there, but whenever you try and walk through it, you get hit in the nose?
    That is a glass door, and I do not believe the OP was making a reference to Munnerlyn hitting anyone in the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    It was a huge upgrade at Nickel, the slot has been an Achilles heel for us. He is one of the best slot corner in the game. However, if we use him primarily at the slot he will be a very expensive nickel corner, so I am sure that is why he is playing on the outside quite a bit.
    I agree.

Munnerlyn had a good reputation as a nickel/slot cornerback. He is not as good on the outside though, but the Vikings are paying him too much to be a part time player, so he moves outside when the Vikings are not in a nickel package.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    I agree.

Munnerlyn had a good reputation as a nickel/slot cornerback. He is not as good on the outside though, but the Vikings are paying him too much to be a part time player, so he moves outside when the Vikings are not in a nickel package.
    Right now he is our second best CB so he should move out there. Hopefully we will address that position in the draft this year.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Right now he is our second best CB so he should move out there. Hopefully we will address that position in the draft this year.
    Corners take two or three years to prime up. Are there any good cornerbacks in free agency this year? It would be costly, but cornerbacks make a huge difference.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Corners take two or three years to prime up. Are there any good cornerbacks in free agency this year? It would be costly, but cornerbacks make a huge difference.
    http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/cornerback/

Three at the top of the list that I would try to pursue are:

Darrell Revis- NE- He signed a one year deal.
    Antonio Cromartie - ARI
    Tramon Williams - GB

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast