Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finish This Sentence: If Adrian is back week 11...

we make a playoff push.... lets not forget Rudolph should be back as well.

With both of them back im convinced Teddy will really improve rapidly..

Regardless of the scenario, Teddy will improve with experience… Teddy is clearly our future at the QB position. OLine needs work…which, may limit Teddy's short-term upside.

I'm actually more optimistic about the upside of the defense, several playmakers and a great Defensive coach. Barr will be a Viking great, when it's all said and done… as will Smith and Griffen. Rhodes and Floyd are not very far behind. Hodges, IMHO, has tremendous upside. Blanton is a tackling machine, albeit limited in coverage ability…which, is improving. Robinson is improving as well. With a solid MLB add, and an upgrade or two in DB depth, this defense can be a top 5.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Yesterday at work I said "if Adrian Peterson plays against Chicago, I will get a boner".

Nobody was really interested in talking to me after that but I stand by it
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

4. Quote Originally Posted by Tad7 View Post
    Yesterday at work I said "if Adrian Peterson plays against Chicago, I will get a boner".

Nobody was really interested in talking to me after that but I stand by it
    work boners are always fun

5. My only issue and it's not really an issue is that we have a crap load of young talent, how will we be able to afford to keep these guys

6. If Adrian is back week 11...

...justice will have been served.

Also, the Vikings will challenge for a wildcard playoff slot. We're actually sitting in a not bad spot as far as intra-divisional tiebreakers are concerned. Two of our losses are out of conference, which do not play into tiebreaks at all. We've beaten four conference opponents so far (Rams, Bucs, Redskins and Falcons) with one remaining out-of-division game against the Panthers.The worst we can finish there is 4-2, having lost only to the Saints. Four of our remaining other 6 games are in division, leaving the Jets and Dolphins as the last two, which we should at least split if not win outright. Depends on which Ryan Tannehil shows up on game day.

If we take care of business at home, that's four more wins. If we can steal one from the Bears (a distinct possibility as they are 0-3 at home so far this year) or Lions (revenge!) at their place, we'd then be 9-7. Throw in a win at Miami and we're then 10-6 with very solid tiebreakers. Even without that, 9-7 might do it. The NFC is looking much weaker than it appeared early on.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

7. I just noticed something interesting that support my previous post. I was looking at the current standings across the league, post-Browns victory. NFL.com is starting to put up the playoff brackets for "if the season ended right now." In the NFC, there are seven teams with better than a .500 record in conference. Six of them are the current top six seeds (Arizona, Detroit, Philly, New Orleans (leads division despite being only 4-4), Dallas and Seattle, in that order). Guess who the only other one is?

Not to be insensitive, but isn't the obvious answer ...

If Adrian is back week 11 ... the Bears will get a whoopin!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post
    I just noticed something interesting that support my previous post. I was looking at the current standings across the league, post-Browns victory. NFL.com is starting to put up the playoff brackets for "if the season ended right now." In the NFC, there are seven teams with better than a .500 record in conference. Six of them are the current top six seeds (Arizona, Detroit, Philly, New Orleans (leads division despite being only 4-4), Dallas and Seattle, in that order). Guess who the only other one is?
    you forgot GB

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

10. At the time of posting (last Friday), GB sat seventh in the playoff seedings, and had a .500 (3-3) conference record. San Francisco is also now 4-3 in conference and sit 8th. Both won last weekend to move above .500. We are sitting 9th, btw.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast