Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Xavier Rhodes & Sharrif Floyd

How would you grade those 2 thus far? - lets discuss

2. Minnesota is 11 th in total defense. I would rank them pretty high. They are close to the bottom in offense. I expect that to improve considerably with Teddy in there. Everybody said, with a better defense the Vikings could contend, with Cassel. Well now you are going to have a QB better than Cassel, and a better defense. And despite the rash of injuries, I expect improvement.
    I really have a hard time buying into the doom and gloom when I see so much promise.

best answer i can give on those 2 players, and honestly all of the D at this point is this.

1. both players have shown improvement, what does this mean to me? it means we actually have coaches that coach, teach, and are getting players to play better.

2. we have talent! in the last half decade i havn't seen a coach on the Vikes make the adjustments that i've seen so far this team do. not just in personel, but also in where they are, what they are doing. dropping back, playing closer, challenging plays. I really do believe this will increase as we progress and the coaches and players not only build the teacher/player relationship, but get more real time action, and in game experience.

3. some critiques. during the pat's game, rhodes made a gamble, dove for the ball to knock it out, he was caught a step behiend the wr who through a quick move to get a step. had that gamble worked and he tipped the ball away it woulda been a highlight reel.. the fact he missed it by cm's and the wr caught it was a big play for the pats. floyd, ive seen him push inside a few times, and i've seem him over push during some runs. this is something i hope the coaches will be working on, keeping an eye on the play and not just going for spot X.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Does Sharrif Floyd play for the Vikings?

I hadn't noticed.

Rhodes needs to polish up on his tackling and he'll be five. Floyd can be a force at time but he must stay focus.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!

6. I think both players are improving. I like our coaches and love the fact that they make in game adjustments. I think this team will continue to improve. I have seen Floyd make some plays and I think Rhodes will continue to improve. Very excited about this team.

Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    I have seen Floyd make some plays ...
    With five tackles, no sacks, and one stuff in three games, what plays are you seeing him make?

I see Floyd often getting handled inside by a single blocker, getting no push into the backfield, and getting turned away from the play on runs. I do not see Floyd doing anything to warrant the first round pick the Vikings used on him.

The one stuff was a good play, but Sharrif Floyd needs to play better. He is being outplayed by Tom Johnson.

Xavier was a STUD against ATL this week. Despite a bogus penalty, he controlled his field. The pass rush, Floyd included, was disappointing. Floyd with Smith are the basis for a dominant secondary.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

9. Quote Originally Posted by Braddock View Post
    Xavier was a STUD against ATL this week. Despite a bogus penalty, he controlled his field. The pass rush, Floyd included, was disappointing. Floyd with Smith are the basis for a dominant secondary.
    It's a different kind of defense than we have ever seen before. The scheme looks great, but it may be a year or two until they get the personnel to contend for a championship. But it is coming.
    Vikings are going to do very well this year, despite injuries and off field problems.
    The next two years will see the Vikings as one of the best teams in the league.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    With five tackles, no sacks, and one stuff in three games, what plays are you seeing him make?

I see Floyd often getting handled inside by a single blocker, getting no push into the backfield, and getting turned away from the play on runs. I do not see Floyd doing anything to warrant the first round pick the Vikings used on him.

The one stuff was a good play, but Sharrif Floyd needs to play better. He is being outplayed by Tom Johnson.
    Floyd would have had a sack today but got the holding penalty instead. He hasn't been a dominant force in the pass rush so far.

I liked the confidence that Rhodes played with today. We held Jones and White in check most of the game and Rhodes was a huge part of that. We had two blown assignments in this game that led to TDs, can't remember if Rhodes was part of that or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast