Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Vikings Saints Post Game Thread

After a shaky start on D we pulled it together. As usual a questionable penalty on CM killed our chance for a comeback. I did not think he roughed the passer and it was a bad call that totally changed the game. TB looked pretty good in his first action. I wish we would stop with the dropped passes already. I still believe in this team.

Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    After a shaky start on D we pulled it together. As usual a questionable penalty on CM killed our chance for a comeback. I did not think he roughed the passer and it was a bad call that totally changed the game. TB looked pretty good in his first action. I wish we would stop with the dropped passes already. I still believe in this team.
    Nothing questionable about that call. "Captain was a toolbag for pulling out the ol suplex when all he had to do was just pull him to the ground. The refs will call that shit every day! The team went from being one dimensional (AP), to being one dimensional, (pass). Liked the play of the D, even if they gave up critical third and longs. Looks like a pass rush is starting to develop. God…Munnerlyn, what an asshole. Anyway, hopefully, Teddy gets a chance to stick it out and get some experience
    Tuco the world.....

3. I've cooled down just a bit on that call, and the subsequent no call on Brees coming up swinging, but I think the Captain was doing what he could to bring him to the ground as fast as possible before Brees could throw it away and it just kind of turned into a wrestling move. Smitty and the rest of the D looked pretty good again and we got pressure but they beat us fair and square I guess.

Yeah it's one of those penalties that shouldn't be a penalty but everyone knows it's a penalty. Neither team really had momentum at the time and that swung it in Nawlins favor.

We can't complete a pass over 10 yards, Kalil is getting beat, Asiata is our starting running back.

I was mad about the D early but they adjusted well after the first 2 drives.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

5. Saw the call don't agree with it but I understand why they called it. That being said. The Vikings need a RB to step up and take over. Without it they are done. Cassel will be out for several weeks so the Teddy era has started.

The Defense did ok after the first to Saints drives. And before anyone goes off on them, just think of this. In the past two games, the Vikings defense has limited Drew Bree's and Tom Brady to a total of 3 passing TD's. Not bad in my book. Now the offense needs to step up.
    In the last 15 years, Tampa Bay as more playoff wins than the Dallas Cowboys.

Blanton is not a starting S in this league. He can't tackle for the life of him. Lots of injuries on the Offensive side of the ball. Also does Khalil give a damn out there on the field at all? The hell is his problem? The Teddy "Two Gloves" Bridgewater era is upon us. HE WILL RIGHTEN THIS SHIP. Skol Vikings!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!

Looking at the sack again, I think the only penalty is on Brees

Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

8. Quote Originally Posted by Tad7 View Post
    Looking at the sack again, I think the only penalty is on Brees

If you can't sack a QB put a dress and lipstick on them. Bees should have been flagged

9. Quote Originally Posted by raptorman View Post
    Saw the call don't agree with it but I understand why they called it. That being said. The Vikings need a RB to step up and take over. Without it they are done. Cassel will be out for several weeks so the Teddy era has started.

The Defense did ok after the first to Saints drives. And before anyone goes off on them, just think of this. In the past two games, the Vikings defense has limited Drew Bree's and Tom Brady to a total of 3 passing TD's. Not bad in my book. Now the offense needs to step up.
    That's not bad at all but the bad news is that they've also allowed 258 yards rushing in the past two games. Not good. However, their average yards allowed per carry was good yesterday so there's no reason to panic. I see progress with the defense and regression on offense. Hopefully, the former continues and the latter starts showing progress soon. Scoring under 10 points isn't going to win many games...

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsVikings View Post
    If you can't sack a QB put a dress and lipstick on them. Bees should have been flagged
    The zebras will call this roughing the passer every time in New Orleans, except of course unless it's the NFC Championship game and it's Brett Favre being high lowed , tearing up his ankle , and throwing a pick on the play .. That one was definitely not roughing. It's so plain to see. If the hit would have snapped both ankles then maybe.. but the poor people in NO needed something to cheer for after that horrible Katrina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast