Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Does that mean the Vikings have to go with Jarius "Two Wrongs Don't Make A" Wright?

That is not good.
    Wright has promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post

Wright has promise.
    I first read that as, "Wright has promised ...." As in, he has promised to run good routes, create separation, adjust to deep balls, and catch balls thrown to his hands.

This is his third season. Receivers usually show what they can do by the third year, and I have not seen anything showing us that Wright is anything special. I could be wrong, but game film does not lie.

Blog Entries
    I first read that as, "Wright has promised ...." As in, he has promised to run good routes, create separation, adjust to deep balls, and catch balls thrown to his hands.

This is his third season. Receivers usually show what they can do by the third year, and I have not seen anything showing us that Wright is anything special. I could be wrong, but game film does not lie.
    that's true but he didn't get large amounts of playing as the previous brain trust decided it was better to play Simpson who had more PI calls than catches/TDs. So Wright hasn't really had the full two seasons like some 3rd year players have had.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

4. I doubt anyone ever counted on Simpson to clean up his act...small term and small dollar contracts pretty much show that. He was always looking to be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    that's true but he didn't get large amounts of playing as the previous brain trust decided it was better to play Simpson who had more PI calls than catches/TDs. So Wright hasn't really had the full two seasons like some 3rd year players have had.
    The American Stig could catch some of the balls that Wright has either dropped or let get picked because he could not adjust to the deep ball, and the American Stig is a slow fat guy.

Glad we finally cut bait on Simpson. I had such high hopes when we signed him and what a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Beo View Post
    Glad we finally cut bait on Simpson. I had such high hopes when we signed him and what a disappointment.
    He had too many off field issues, but he was a good second receiver. I do not know who will step up and replace him for the Vikings.

He had too many off field issues, but he was a good second receiver. I do not know who will step up and replace him for the Vikings.
    Hoping it can be Thielen. I think he could be a very solid slot WR with sure hands and can move the sticks with Patterson and Jennings working the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Beo View Post
    Hoping it can be Thielen. I think he could be a very solid slot WR with sure hands and can move the sticks with Patterson and Jennings working the outside.
    Rodney Smith has been impressive in camp. He has size, and he can block downfield. He also has a hamstring pull, so he may not be active against the Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I doubt anyone ever counted on Simpson to clean up his act...small term and small dollar contracts pretty much show that. He was always looking to be replaced.
    Very true. The one year offers that the front office give him was the clue that we had no trust in Simpson.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast