I've lost the passion

This whole AP/Rice thing has done what I thought NOTHING could do... I am having a hard time caring about anything football. I think Goodell cares about Goodell and I think political correctness and opinions not from fans but people who don't even WATCH are more important these days.

I'm sick of media outlets trying people before the courts say anything, destroying lives with a zeal that is all about ratings (aka MONEY). AP. regardless of how his court case turns out, is destroyed. In effect, what is happening to him outside the courthouse is much much worst than anything the law will do to him... and that isn't supposed to be how this works.

I will probably be scare from now on. I might change my mind if Goodell is booted, but I'm not holding my breath. Rich white men do not get fired, their job titles change.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    This whole AP/Rice thing has done what I thought NOTHING could do... I am having a hard time caring about anything football. I think Goodell cares about Goodell and I think political correctness and opinions not from fans but people who don't even WATCH are more important these days.

I'm sick of media outlets trying people before the courts say anything, destroying lives with a zeal that is all about ratings (aka MONEY). AP. regardless of how his court case turns out, is destroyed. In effect, what is happening to him outside the courthouse is much much worst than anything the law will do to him... and that isn't supposed to be how this works.

I will probably be scare from now on. I might change my mind if Goodell is booted, but I'm not holding my breath. Rich white men do not get fired, their job titles change.
    Excellent post. You are so right on about what is really going on here. PC is America now and no matter what the cause when the bait hits the water the sharks gather. Somehow now the NFL is spousal and child abuse Central. While police make domestic calls all day and night , who cares,,, we have the NFL to feed on. It sickens me. Adrian will certainly never play another down for the Vikings as his case is going to go on for a good part of a year. He will never plea this out which will make it even a longer tale. Cowboys here he comes while we get another 3 win season... Perfect

I actually feel bad for AD... keep in mind that does NOT MEAN that I think what he did was ok... but what he is going through right now is a severe punishment that really shouldn't be happening. He made a mistake... maybe one, maybe more, but he is owning up to it, and he is suffering through a punishment that no one should have to go through.
    As for Goodell, he has ruined the NFL. I Said it before, the NFL will crash someday, and it won't be pretty. I was hoping the Vikings could win a Super Bowl before it happened, but I am starting to think it will be sooner than later. Roger Goodell has done nothing good for the NFL or it's fans. He is worse than Bud Selig for his sport. The NFL will crash someday, mark my words.

Blog Entries
    I too am on burnout mode with the Vikes and NFL, but I will be watching Sunday of course.

NFL is headlong going for a crash; Mavericks owner called it some time ago...a correction always happens to a bubble.

Maybe AP talked to Jones because he knew this might happen and knew he'd get more support in Dallas. TIN FOIL HAT TIME>

I just feel sick about the whole situation and am tired of all the media on ap rice hardy McDonald and now Dwyer. It's just hard to keep seeing and hearing it over and over again. I am first and foremost a vikings fan and will be plopped in front of the tv on Sunday as usual rooting them on. The above mentioned will all have their day at a gate, not Valhalla, but a gate nonetheless.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

6. yep im bummed
    None