Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    9,086
    Blog Entries
    6

    Peterson Beat in HIgh School by Coach

    tweet from Ian Rapoport:

    "Unreal RT @DailyMail: Adrian Peterson's high school football coach admits he beat him with wooden paddle http://dailym.ai/1sox9R8"

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...er_dailymailus


    Its just gonna keep coming, isn't it. I think this just pushed me over the line...this is just such a sad, sad situation.

  2. With all this new piling on it makes me wish we were back hearing about the Love Boat

  3. Yes, I'm afraid it is. The media has latched onto it, due to the exploitative part. And it's clear that Peterson was taught one language throughout his life.

    This situation is beyond sad for everyone.

  4. #4
    There is also reports of his own dad belting him after practice in front of the football team in middle school one day as well. I guess it's not a big surprise that he's followed suit with his form of punishment. Hopefully he can work things out.

  5. #5
    You simply have to wonder if AD has any ability to distinguish between discipline verse abuse. I wonder how much damage has been done in regards to his relationship with his son, not just for the punishment.. but how this is going to impact it with all the public discussion upon it.

    I really don't feel bad for any penalty AD receives from this, but I certainly hope to see the return of AD in terms of growth and healing. I certainly hope that he can repair the relationship with his son after this all progresses.
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

  6. So ... a London tabloid breaks the story about Adrian's high school football coach. Hummmm. In football crazy Texas no less.

    "Bowie, 59, was Peterson's defensive coordinator and track coach at Palestine High School in Texas until his student left in 2004 on a football scholarship for the University of Oklahoma.He told MailOnline: 'It wasn't my intention to abuse the kids, the kids loved me for it. I wanted them to do right. They said: "Coach, thank you".

    So every time this guy paddled these players they all said "Coach, thank you." What a bunch of BS. Sounds like this guy wants his 15 minutes of fame.





  7. Quote Originally Posted by losperros View Post
    Yes, I'm afraid it is. The media has latched onto it, due to the exploitative part. And it's clear that Peterson was taught one language throughout his life.

    This situation is beyond sad for everyone.
    That's a godo way to put it and unfortunately, I think the answer to Webby's question is yes, it's just going to keep coming in. The media is relentless when they get a chance to sink their teeth into this sort of story. They'll mine it for for all it's worth and more.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by losperros View Post
    This situation is beyond sad for everyone.
    It is not sad for the children who will not get switch beaten in the future because this has come to light, so some good may come of this. Unfortunately, not much good will come to the Minnesota Vikings.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    It is not sad for the children who will not get switch beaten in the future because this has come to light, so some good may come of this. Unfortunately, not much good will come to the Minnesota Vikings.
    Exactly. The focus going forward should be on teaching parents, there is a better way to discipline children. The victim is rarely mentioned in a lot of the posts on this issue. Several fans just seem angry because they won't get to see their favorite running back play on Sunday.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jargomcfargo View Post
    Exactly. The focus going forward should be on teaching parents, there is a better way to discipline children. The victim is rarely mentioned in a lot of the posts on this issue. Several fans just seem angry because they won't get to see their favorite running back play on Sunday.
    I am one of those that are angry.

    http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/18/opinio...rticle_sidebar

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •