Blog Entries

Saints Game: Zimmer comments

Coach Zimmer: ""You want to talk about the Saints? Anybody?""

Two comments of interest from news conference:

Greenway had his hand broken in the last game...so when we all tweeted about him out and then back in we didn;t know why, but thats it. He will LIKELY play.

Zims also mentioned he is looking to see McKinnon's role expanded. McKinnon is interesting but raw; Banyard also expected to get more time it sounds like.

Unless I missed it, no mention of Asiata.

2. Of course the media didn't want to talk about the saints. In this PC BS world all anybody cares about anymore is outrage and trying to get people fired. ESPN has turned the way of MTV, the PC people has turned this world into horse crap

3. I'm actually looking forward to what McKinnon can do. He was a stud for Georgia Southern. Of course, there's a big leap between that and pro ball.

I thought the Vikes intended to throw the ball to McKinnon as well.

Blog Entries
    Looking at the Saints fan site I read when we play them, hardly a mention of AP beyond a link or two. Most seem awfully concerned about their team, as they should.

5. Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsVikings View Post
    Of course the media didn't want to talk about the saints. In this PC BS world all anybody cares about anymore is outrage and trying to get people fired. ESPN has turned the way of MTV, the PC people has turned this world into horse crap
    Sir...excuse me sir. You can't say that. Now you have hurt my feelings. DAMNIT!!! I hope your happy. lmao!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsVikings View Post
    Of course the media didn't want to talk about the saints. In this PC BS world all anybody cares about anymore is outrage and trying to get people fired. ESPN has turned the way of MTV, the PC people has turned this world into horse crap
    Well... it's owned by Disney, so...
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

7. Quote Originally Posted by losperros View Post
    I'm actually looking forward to what McKinnon can do. He was a stud for Georgia Southern. Of course, there's a big leap between that and pro ball.

I thought the Vikes intended to throw the ball to McKinnon as well.
    I'm also excited to see a more expanded role for McKinnon (only had 3 snaps last week). On the other hand I'm a little concerned about whether he can pick-up and block the blitz because I expect Rob Ryan will bring the heat on Sunday (like he usually does).

I wonder if Norv would consider running a few Wildcat formations with McKinnon at QB. He seems like a perfect fit since he was primarily a running QB in college. While the Wildcat has gone out of vogue in the NFL, it might catch the Saints off guard.

Dad and I had a discussion about hoping to see Mckinnon get more involved. he's fast, and seemed very athletic in the pre-season. can't say i saw any of him in college, don't watch much college ball.

from what i've read though he seems to be very fluid int he short pass game as well. this could bode very well if they try to do a lot of blitzing!

I read about Greenway, playing with a broken hand.. what does he think he is? a hockey player?

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall