Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    That squeaky, grinding sound we're hearing is the lugnuts on the bus fellas. The wheels are about to come off once again. Without Peterson our offense once again becomes one dimensional. This is a very young team and one of the highest respected veterans just got sidelined for perhaps the season, if not forever. I don't see this turning out good for the new staff, the team, or us fans. Sorry to feel that way but there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    "Ignorance" doesn't even begin to explain this post.

I feel for people like you. So much hatred and anger.
    Wake up fool... These people are sculpting your way of life and you cant even see it. Convicted before being judged.. See the cop in Ferguson, they did a good number on him, but of course don't you dare say anthing bad about that Gentle Giant or you are a racist. Sterling makes deragatory comments in a jealous rage to that big lipped money bragger in the privacy of his OWN HOME , and they take his team away. PC police at every corner waiting to pounce. The media panders to them and carries out their hatred... It's all good though, you are one of them and think they are wonderful... Now bend over it's time for you whhhooooopin...

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Wake up fool... These people are sculpting your way of life and you cant even see it. Convicted before being judged.. See the cop in Ferguson, they did a good number on him, but of course don't you dare say anthing bad about that Gentle Giant or you are a racist. Sterling makes deragatory comments in a jealous rage to that big lipped money bragger in the privacy of his OWN HOME , and they take his team away. PC police at every corner waiting to pounce. The media panders to them and carries out their hatred... It's all good though, you are one of them and think they are wonderful... Now bend over it's time for you whhhooooopin...
    So, in your opinion Aaron Hernandez should still be on the field since he hasn't been convicted of anything yet... I disagree with that. Pretty simple stuff here.

This had nothing to do with Ferguson or the Clippers. Let it go.
    Last edited by C Mac D; 09-18-2014 at 02:23 PM.
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    That squeaky, grinding sound we're hearing is the lugnuts on the bus fellas. The wheels are about to come off once again. Without Peterson our offense once again becomes one dimensional. This is a very young team and one of the highest respected veterans just got sidelined for perhaps the season, if not forever. I don't see this turning out good for the new staff, the team, or us fans. Sorry to feel that way but there it is.
    We have a ONE dimensional offense? What dimension is that in?

It's definitely not the passing game...
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    So, in your opinion Aaron Hernandez should still be on the field since he hasn't been convicted of anything yet... I disagree with that. Pretty simple stuff here.

This had nothing to do with Ferguson or the Clippers. Let it go.
    Aaron Hernandez is in JAIL....

I disagree with you, it has everything to do with Ferguson and the Clippers. The same engine is at work as was at work in both those cases. Please don't tell me you can't see that? This country is becoming a place where you can't look at a woman wrong or you may have a sexual harrassment suit. You can't have an opinion against gay marriage , you are a biggot. You can't tell a joke. You can't say you think Obama is a horrible president,, you're a racist. These people mean business and they are transforming this country into a PC sterile workshop where if you are on the wrong side you are to be done away with.. And that's the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Aaron Hernandez is in JAIL....

I disagree with you, it has everything to do with ... And that's the facts.
    I have not seen so many straw men in one post in a long time. I guess the pumpkin patch is safe.

This as a football website; there is no need to politicize every other post you make.

This is really a hack job the the league. If they are going to suspend Peterson, then do it. If they will suspend him later, these lost games should count, but Peterson should lose pay for all games suspended.

This is a tough call for the Vikings and the NFL because due process has not been completed, but their procedures should have accounted for this type of event.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    This is really a hack job the the league. If they are going to suspend Peterson, then do it. If they will suspend him later, these lost games should count, but Peterson should lose pay for all games suspended.

This is a tough call for the Vikings and the NFL because due process has not been completed, but their procedures should have accounted for this type of event.
    Goodell is having a press conference at 3 EST, hopefully he actually says something and doesn't blow smoke

9. I listened to it.

Summary: I got it wrong, we want to do the right thing,.....

He did admit that it was a mistake to give himself the power to decide how to penalize and he admitted he had no clue in how to do that. He is now enlisting help from half the world to help him form a policy that will be transparent and clear. Might not happen until the offseason, future events will probably dictate the expediency of this new policy.

Nothing mentioned about what to do about those who have been indicted, but not yet tried, other than to say it's not simple and they are trying to address in a more uniform manner.

As for Ray Rice, well the FBI is on the case and they will help determine how these cases should be properly investigated in the future.

10. Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I listened to it.

Summary: I got it wrong, we want to do the right thing,.....

He did admit that it was a mistake to give himself the power to decide how to penalize and he admitted he had no clue in how to do that. He is now enlisting help from half the world to help him form a policy that will be transparent and clear. Might not happen until the offseason, future events will probably dictate the expediency of this new policy.

Nothing mentioned about what to do about those who have been indicted, but not yet tried, other than to say it's not simple and they are trying to address in a more uniform manner.

As for Ray Rice, well the FBI is on the case and they will help determine how these cases should be properly investigated in the future.
    The highlight for me was when the dude wandered in looking for the elevator and Rodger's security manhandled him and drug him out into the hall, where he was soundly beaten. TMZ is looking for the security tape. OK. I lied about the beating but I found it ironic he was forcibly removed!
    I think if Rice had been suspended for at least 4-8 games, and AP would have been given a 4 game suspension by the Vikings, I think things would have blown over and the NFL could have continued business as usual.
    Rodger fumbled the ball on the Rice case and is now having trouble throwing completions.
    Last edited by jargomcfargo; 09-19-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast