Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
  1. Here's good news for former VMB members:

I just heard from Geoff. He has sent a backup of the board to Cliff and Cliff is setting up a new host. VMB should be back online soon, perhaps even today.

Geoff also said he realizes his decision to shut down VMB was rash and made in anger and that he's sorry the message he posted ended up as a story in the press the way it did. He didn't anticipate that.

Anyway, it looks like many of us will now have two good Vikings forums in which to post, not just one. I've been impressed with this one so far. I hope some members here will check out VMB if they haven't before and I think I will continue here as well. I suspect others will too.

Thanks to all and thanks to Geoff, for backing things up and reconsidering his decision.

2. LOL! Cliff, you posted that message as I was writing the one I just posted. It's good to "see" you again.

3. So, he's gonna look wishy-washy like the Vikes, huh? lol JK.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to all the new members. I've been a long-time member here since about 2004 I believe? I hope many of you will stick around if your site does re-open. We've got a lot of great people here. With some fresh views and contributors, this site will be booming.

We can get very passionate as fans, and unfortunately a situation like the AD situation will bring out the worst in many people. Seems we always have these topics in the past while that divides a fanbase, whether it be the Moss trade, love boat, Favre, Ponder, and now AP. Hopefully the discussions can remain civil, and we move on and start discussing the team we're all here because we love.

Hope to see you all posting often, and not take things too seriously. We can be knowledgable, funny, weird and idiotic all at once.

Enjoy

5. Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    That captcha thing happens if you come from a network segment with known spammers, malware, or hackers. Its to protect the site from the onslaught we get. I may get rid of it at some point, but its set to be almost off.

If I know when people are getting hit, I can tune it. Just let me know.

And I dont know of images needing approval...if you get that let me know.
    Forced me to type the captcha password three times yesterday. A bit annoying.

Any former members back on the boards? Still wondering what happened to Cajunvike, Acumen and some others... they were great contributors.
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

7. I knew Cajunvike, too! He was on WAVF and Vikings.com for a bit. Loved that dude!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    Forced me to type the captcha password three times yesterday. A bit annoying.
    I also commonly have this issue. Currently I'm at home in my dining room on my own laptop. I promise I"m not a spammer

9. Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    First and foremost I want to send a big thank you to the crew here on PurplePride for letting us crash here during the aftermath of all of this craziness. They've been very gracious and helpful.

I was blindsided like many of you ... though not as surprised as some. GLG, as you might have guessed, had some very big problems with everything that happened; with Peterson, how the team handled it, and how members of the board reacted as well.

Though I don't think his feelings have changed much on the subject, I think he realizes that he acted a bit hastily and didn't consider the community as a whole before he acted. I also don't think he expected national media attention as a result of it shutting down (I know I sure didn't!) but I'll let him go into detail on how he feels and his plans from here.

Luckily, Geoff isn't an unreasonable guy even if he did act in haste, it wasn't too terribly hasty. He did in fact make backups of everything and has been working with me all morning to transition the files and website into my hosting account.

At this point in time I have the site back up and fully functioning on my hosting account and we're not far from pointing the URL back to the functioning site.

I have my own opinions on everything involving the Vikings ... and honestly I'm not sure if I will continue to support the team or not. However, I have been a part of the VikingsMessageBoard community for over 11 years and the people there mean a lot to me even if the team has lost a bit of respect in my eyes.
    That's great news!

A couple of questions:

Since my account was deleted prior to the shutdown, does that mean I would have to register another username?

Will all my posts still be gone after the restore?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Any former members back on the boards? Still wondering what happened to Cajunvike, Acumen and some others... they were great contributors.
    Revive a classic thread: http://forums.purplepride.org/showth...Draw-a-Caveman

or

http://forums.purplepride.org/showthread.php?299868/

or definitely:

http://forums.purplepride.org/showth...Morning/page77
    Last edited by i_bleed_purple; 09-17-2014 at 01:42 PM.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast