Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Ah, Demi and Eli... The two scrooges. They are fun haha

2. Hey everyone. I am also a former VMB member. I was quite upset to find out that the site was closed for good, but I'm glad I found this forum! I was Vikingskid28 over at VMB, but now I am Vikingskid5 for obvious reasons. Lastly, I am disappointed with Mr. Peterson. I am completely done with the man as a fan. I no longer support him and I will never put that 28 jersey on again. It really makes me sick what he did, but we gotta move on from it. Glad to see former VMB members here as well! Skol vikes
    Last edited by Vikingskid5; 09-16-2014 at 10:46 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingskid5 View Post
    Hey everyone. I am also a former VMB member. I was quite upset to find out that the site was closed for good, but I'm glad I found this forum! I was Vikingskid28 over at VMB, but now I am Vikingskid5 for obvious reasons. Lastly, I am disappointed with Mr. Peterson. I am completely done with the man as a fan. I no longer support him and I will never put that 28 jersey on again. It really makes me sick what he did, but we gotta move on from it. Glad to see former VMB members here as well! Skol vikes
    Welcome, and SKOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Me View Post
    That's a good question. Mike founded the board (in 2003, IIRC), and turned the operation over to GLG about 6 years ago, but I know he still occasionally would "pop in" and post. Presumably, he was "out in the cold" with the rest of us.
    I wasn't around back in the days when it was the netscape group, but I believe Mike founded that group and then founded Vikings Message Board in 2003. I joined the board in 2006. I witnessed the transition from Mike (Kansas Viking) to glg. Sometimes, I really wish Mike would have stayed the administrator. But I guess there is really no point in worrying about it anymore. VMB is dead.
    Randy Moss/Kevin Williams fan for life. Skol Moss. Skol Williams.

I was also a former VMB member and just found out tonight that VMB is no more. I have been a fan since 1971 and I will continue to be a fan, this team is bigger than any one man and has seen tough times before and will move on from this mess. I hope to be able to express my thoughts and to read about others .

6. Quote Originally Posted by DK Sweets View Post
    Glad to see so many people have made it to the same place. I mentioned in the VMB Fantasy Football League forum that I wanted to see Mothman and Funk again, so I guess I got my wish. I'm hoping Kapp can find us as well, I always appreciated his input.

Along with Mothman, I can confirm Cliff had no part in this, and is quite upset himself. He and DP plan on moving over here, but all of our email addresses were flagged for spam (I found one that worked).

I could rip Geoff apart, and I probably will someday. Right now, that piece isn't worth my time. I've had enough stress this week and I'm ready to sleep.

SKOL, true fans.
    Aww. Lub you, too!

What do you mean your emails were flagged for spam? What is going on? This keeps getting weirder and weirder.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Purple Jesus 84 View Post
    I'm Purple Jesus from VMB.... I have had this account for over a year and apparently it was never activated until Webby hooked me up... I too was wondering what was going on with VMB, plus I think I was also one of the banned "assholes" as I couldn't log in for 2 days before the suicide. It almost appears anyone who tried to defend Adrian there got banned before the shutdown as well. But I am glad we still have this place and many of the VMB members I recognize joining forces. Go Vikes and Free AD!
    Another "a-hole" spotted! lol

8. Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreVikesFan View Post
    I don't know if it will be feasible, but Cliff was discussing maybe trying to start a new Vikings fan forum in the fantasy league.
    I have something in the works with that right now. Cliff will probably beat me, though. Darn it!
    Last edited by Funkytown; 09-17-2014 at 01:09 AM.

9. Wow, lots of activity already just since the wee hours yesterday. I'm glad that so many of you guys found your way here. Maybe that will get some of our old-timers who have been missing lately to come back. Posting volume on here has, in all honesty, been decreasing over the last few years, so I am hoping that the large influx of new blood will get us cracking again.

You will find the atmosphere to be mostly quite congenial. We may go at some arguments tooth-and-nail, but it very rarely ever gets personal. The Admins are attentive and work hard to keep it that way. So please, make yourselves at home!

One personal aside to Mothman: would you happen to be the same Mothman who used to haunt the UseNet newgroups back in the days before the WWWeb got going? I distinctly remember a frequent poster by that handle back then, and always enjoyed talking Vikings with him. I'm pretty sure I also remember a Viking Mike from Kansas, who has been mentioned here. Maybe also the same guy from back in the day?

In any case, I am very glad you are all here, and I look forward to lots of spirited discussion about our team. SKOL!

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Love all the new posters, keep them coming!

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast