Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
  1. Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Well, can't say I'm surprised you support racists... but I'm not touching that subject.
    I can't say I'm not surprised you didn't understand the post!! I don't support racism, I support the freedom of this country and I knew you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Of course you don't want to touch that subject, it is too hard to deal with and you don't have the guts to do it. And apparently you support racism because I haven't heard you yelling for Michael Jordan to give up his team.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

2. Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Sterling- If your company is based on the talents of African Americans and it is also governed by other owners and a commissioner and a league, and that company receives remuneration from sponsors who are threatening to cancel out, and you are shown to be a racist, then yes, you must sell out. Al Sharpton, as far as I know, does not own an NBA franchise so I submit he is a poor analogy to Sterling. Jordan- why should I give two shits about what Jordan thought as a kid? When I was a kid I believed in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy. Deen- should've kept her trap shut. Another circumstance of a person's own making. Again, if the sponsors/advertisers see that they are caught up in a controversy, they are going to bail unless that person goes. It's just business. Finally, my life isn't getting dissected because I don't get paid by sponsors or profits from the public!
    so Deen should have kept her trap shut but it is OK for Jordan to HATE white people for years while Paula made a mistake 20 years ago, you are definitely in the PC club.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

3. Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Sterling- If your company is based on the talents of African Americans and it is also governed by other owners and a commissioner and a league, and that company receives remuneration from sponsors who are threatening to cancel out, and you are shown to be a racist, then yes, you must sell out. Al Sharpton, as far as I know, does not own an NBA franchise so I submit he is a poor analogy to Sterling. Jordan- why should I give two shits about what Jordan thought as a kid? When I was a kid I believed in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy. Deen- should've kept her trap shut. Another circumstance of a person's own making. Again, if the sponsors/advertisers see that they are caught up in a controversy, they are going to bail unless that person goes. It's just business. Finally, my life isn't getting dissected because I don't get paid by sponsors or profits from the public!
    So what, the fact is this country is about freedom, now if you don't like Sterling then don't go to the games. The sponsors they have the right to not support him but to make him sell his team is not right.

4. Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Al Sharpton IS a public figure, so he should be subjected to the same standards according to you.
    Last edited by tarkenton10; 09-25-2014 at 07:35 AM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Al Sharpton IS a public figure, so he should be subjected to the same standards according to you.
    Sharpton called the Jews Hymies, that's racist but he always gets a pass

6. Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Let's see, we'll start like this:

Sterling- proven racist before comments his chick leaked. He is a dirtbag.
    Zimmerman- killed an unarmed guy and turns out he is a dirtbag.
    Brown- Unarmed, shot by officer, case pending, but looks like a dirtbag.
    Police- Not sure how this fits in anywhere.
    Rice, Hardy, McDonald- beat women up. Dirtbags.
    Peterson- Admitted to beating 4 year old so hard he left injuries. Not a dirtbag insofar as his upbringing and ignorance contributed to situation. 5 kids with 4 women so he is not a beacon of virtue to begin with.

So.....these people are in some sort of trouble (or dead) due to their own actions and some people are trying to blame the so-called liberal media for their circumstances? Really? Do you really think everybody believes exactly what they read and see in the news outlets? I watch the news everyday and I'm intelligent enough to separate the wheat from the chaff. I believe that most people can and those who can't don't shape policy anyway. I always love statements that begin, "They...." Who the hell is "they"? Generalizations can be a dangerous thing. If you don't like so-called liberal media, go find a conservative outlet. Plenty of those out there. I happen to think an individual is responsible for the consequences of his actions and the media hasn't a damn thing to do with that. You screw up you pay.
    http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-S...d-White-People

I guess you and Cmac are now in favor of Jordan having to sell his team.

Quote Originally Posted by jargomcfargo View Post
    What exactly is wrong with being politically correct ? Does the term politically infer the majority feel this way? People love to throw this term out there as if it is some stain on people's character.
    It's evolution I guess. And it has to be pretty difficult to be on the side of someone who shoots an unarmed person and think it's justified.
    Besides, liberal or conservative, neither one has your best interests at heart at this juncture in time, unless you are wealthy. They just want elected. Bottom line. Why waste your time arguing about it?
    You say it's difficult to be on the side of someone that shoots an unarmed person? So let's say that
    the story comes out that Brown charged the officer after he had already tried to wrestle his gun from
    him at the car where he had assaulted the officer to the face. Now the officer gets out of his car and
    orders Brown to stop . Brown turns and runs toward the officer. What should the officer do. Try and
    fight with theis 300 pounder? Pull his taser and hope that works? This guy has a job to do. A family
    to go home to at night. Should he does these things and hope that the 300 pounder does not get
    his gun and blow the officers head off. He did what he's trained to do and what he needed to do
    if these facts come out that he charged him. When an intruder comes to your house and decides hes
    going to rob you and rape your wife and daughter I hope you have a gun and are ready to shoot ti kill
    Would you do that to protect yoru family or pull out your pepper spray from under yoru pillow.

8. Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsVikings View Post

Sharpton called the Jews Hymies, that's racist but he always gets a pass

Actually that was Jesse Jackson who referred to New York as "Hymietown". His punishment is that he became insignificant. However, Sharpton the teflon racist race baiter always gets a pass, and even gets legitimacy with a job on MSNBC.

Qui tacet, consentit.

Blog Entries
    Guys, I think we have veered far enough off topic here. Let's shut er down.

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-S...d-White-People

I guess you and Cmac are now in favor of Jordan having to sell his team.
    Haha... using Breitbart as a credible news source? Well, that about wraps it up for me.
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast