Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 308
  1. #141
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,796
    Blog Entries
    2
    Before my words get twisted, I'll state very clearly, AP went too far, and nothing that a 4 year old is capable of doing deserves the beating he got. He deserves punishment, and probably a suspension.

    Having said that....

    The difference between what AP did and what Ray Rice or Greg Hardy did, is that APs method of discipline is something that was socially acceptable where he came from not too long ago. To a degree, his method is still socially acceptable in many states (in one of which, he was accused of this). I'm sure many of us here have been spanked as children, and this method of discipline is not unheard of. For me, it was a wooden spoon. It's actually the plastic ones that hurt more, as they get some extra whip action at the tip. You can bet whatever I did to deserve it, I only did two or three more times, then never again. (yes, I don't learn...)

    The problem here, is how far it was taken. There's no denying that AP went too far, and hit his kid too hard. I do however believe AP did not have intent to injure, which is required for a conviction for abuse. His goal was to discipline his child. I truly do believe he loves his son, and had good intentions in mind, it just got out of hand.

    On the other side of this, Ray Rice and Greg Hardy's parents probably were not even alive when it was socially acceptable to hit (or discipline) your wife. I fully expect the NFL and the courts to throw the book at both of them, and they might not return to football. That I have no problem with, as their intent was to harm.

  2. Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Hmmm... I'm not even sure you understand what you're arguing at this point. You said before:



    My point is Hernadez has been convicted of anything yet... but the overwhelming evidence means he probably will be. But then you go on to say:



    Two points here... 1.) What do people's beliefs have anything to do with breaking the law? The law is the law... end of story - and 2.) Using the logic that we should "stay out of personal lives" means you're saying Hernandez should still be on field until convicted.

    It's not my problem what they do when they get out of jail... again, it's irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

    Yes, I have used the F word... and whatever analogy you're about to make with that is probably going to be irrelevant. Call it a hunch.
    I am beginning to believe your disclaimer, that is for sure.

    I do believe if Hernandez was out on bail he should be able to play. He was not convicted of anything yet. The justice system will take care of Hernandez, he is not out on bail and therefore, your point is moot and makes my point.

    And you made my second point for me also, what you believe about Peterson doesn't matter one bit, you have to use the law. If he broke the law he will be judged accordingly, so stop inserting your beliefs and morals about his actions into the subject.

    And if you have used the F word that is abhorrent behavior and I think you shouldn't be allowed to keep your job. My child may hear you use that word and it could harm their psyche. I think you should be fired right now,

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  3. #143
    It's totally relevant. It's the machine at work to further agendas and stomp out anyone in their way. I saw the pics. Not good, but don't talk about things like bleeding scrotums and defensive wounds that are not fact.

    How many negative things have been said about Michael Brown? Will anyone comment in the media about his record, about his culpability in what happened,, NOPE... It was a killer cop who needs to be dead as the crowds chanted..

  4. Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    You made your point that you're accepting of child abuse and a professional athlete beating his 4 year old son with a switch... including on the scrotum... to the point of bleeding... and then shift the blame to the media and their vocabulary when reporting the story, even though Peterson has already admitted to the abuse.

    Needless to say, that's a little out of touch with reality. I'm fine with disagreeing with your opinion.

    -Liberal
    No one is accepting child abuse, what most are saying is there is a rush to judgment. I don't understand how many times it must be said before it sinks in. You libs love to do the drama mamma thing. If you don't agree with me you are for blah, blah, blah. That is absurd, no one has said they are for child abuse, the exaggeration from the libs continue.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    14,280
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    No one is accepting child abuse, what most are saying is there is a rush to judgment. I don't understand how many times it must be said before it sinks in. You libs love to do the drama mamma thing. If you don't agree with me you are for blah, blah, blah. That is absurd, no one has said they are for child abuse, the exaggeration from the libs continue.
    Eh... I don't mind disagreeing with someone who thinks Hernandez should be playing football if he was out on bail. That's just, well... lowbrow to say the least.

    Anywhoo, I'm fine being on the rational/sane side of the argument.

    Also, you should fix the grammar in your sig. Pretty sure mine looks smarter.
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    14,280
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I do believe if Hernandez was out on bail he should be able to play. He was not convicted of anything yet. The justice system will take care of Hernandez, he is not out on bail and therefore, your point is moot and makes my point.
    That opinion is just sad. You're essentially saying take common sense out of decision making unless a court makes the decision for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    And you made my second point for me also, what you believe about Peterson doesn't matter one bit, you have to use the law. If he broke the law he will be judged accordingly, so stop inserting your beliefs and morals about his actions into the subject.
    Peterson admit to it... so...

    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    And if you have used the F word that is abhorrent behavior and I think you shouldn't be allowed to keep your job. My child may hear you use that word and it could harm their psyche. I think you should be fired right now,
    Err... except that it's not breaking the law.

    But hey, 0/3 ain't bad!
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    9,086
    Blog Entries
    6
    I think we've about flogged this thread to death...eh?

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    14,280
    I'm done.
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

  9. Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Eh... I don't mind disagreeing with someone who thinks Hernandez should be playing football if he was out on bail. That's just, well... lowbrow to say the least.

    Anywhoo, I'm fine being on the rational/sane side of the argument.

    Also, you should fix the grammar in your sig. Pretty sure mine looks smarter.
    Ouch, grammar snide remark, that really hurts!! HA! HA! Pretty sure I agree with yours too.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  10. Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    That opinion is just sad. You're essentially saying take common sense out of decision making unless a court makes the decision for you.

    Peterson admit to it... so...

    Err... except that it's not breaking the law.

    But hey, 0/3 ain't bad!
    And you make no sense, one side use common sense and then out the other side of your mouth, you state that is not even breaking the law. Can't I use common sense and say the F word is abhorrent and shouldn't be allowed to said. It has no place in a progressive society.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •