Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB Bob Lee View Post
    Raptor...I agree with you. But lets face it. This is damage control. They want to cover their behinds so nobody can say "you're a business partner and you sat quietly about this". But I agree with you Raptor, you make an excellent, excellent point.
    Nope, it's a double standard. How many kids are buying and wearing Anheuser-Busch employees' work shirts? How many employees of the Radisson are role models to kids? (Except perhaps as parents, as it should be.)

NFL players are literally in a league by themselves. The NFL is the premier league in the U.S., and as such, its personnel are under a microscope. If a beer delivery man whipped his son, would he be brought before a grand jury? Would TMZ be following him with cameras rolling?

When a person or a company (the NFL in this case) is on top, that person or company is a public target, and they must be overly careful not to screw up in any way. This is where we Viking fans are right now...and the public outcry will force sponsors to react exactly the way they are. And IMO the Vikings will cave under the pressure. After all, this is still a business.

Qui tacet, consentit.

I hope they stay the course and let the courts handle it. I personally don't want the media or corporations being judge and jury. Also how long should he be punished for? 6 weeks? A year? Forever? Should he ever be able to hold a job again? If he is found guilty in a court of law then the NFL can decide what to do. But until that time it is not up to the public or the media or the NFL to punish him. IMO Also keep in mind that any action against him punishes the entire team and fan base.

WWBGD

My views on this are on the "unpopular" side (I am certain I am an "asshole" per VMB)... but I think Peterson made a mistake. We have all made them. Some worse than others, but if Michael Vick can get a second change after KILLING dogs for many years, than AD deserves another chance.
    The punishment he gave to his kid was far too extreme. But, let's see what happens and how he handles the situation. We all know he will almost certainly be suspended for this incident. To call him a monster is not fair. For all the good he has done, he deserves a second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleMustReign View Post
    My views on this are on the "unpopular" side (I am certain I am an "asshole" per VMB)... but I think Peterson made a mistake. We have all made them. Some worse than others, but if Michael Vick can get a second change after KILLING dogs for many years, than AD deserves another chance.
    The punishment he gave to his kid was far too extreme. But, let's see what happens and how he handles the situation. We all know he will almost certainly be suspended for this incident. To call him a monster is not fair. For all the good he has done, he deserves a second chance.
    Let's see,

Adrian gets reinstated as this case will take a long time to get to trial.

Chris Carter Mr. Honorable goes on his soapbox on ESPN and tells us how Adrian should be down.

Our Liberal Governor tells us how we are all ashamed and Adrian should not play.

Fran Tarenton the 3 time SB loser who has pretty much shunned the Vikings for years put his two cents worth in and says the people of MN deserve better than to have Adrian playing.

The Radisson drops the Vikings for now as a sponsor.

A Busch comments that they are not satisfied with what the NFL has done to this point in the cases pending this week while people all over the country leave ballparks they sell their OFFICIAL beer of the NFL drunk as skunks to go home and beat their wives after another disappointing Vikings loss or just kill someone on the road in their WMD vehicle. Such hypocrits

Forget about what our courts are for. Forget about letting this process play out and then lay the heavy hand if needed. This man is a danger to society and he needs to be locked up and throw the key away so no one else gets hurt.

In other words all the liberal hacks will get their way before Sunday. These great people will protect us like they always do and tell us whats good for us. How to live our lives. How to think about social issues, Even the proper way to wipe our asses...

Peterson will be deacitvated and will sit for a very long time. It's a shame really that these people control our lives and what we SHOULD BELIEVE.

He should sit for the max under the CBA. For creating this crapstorm in the first place by using extremely poor judgement and injuring a 4 year old. If it's only four games, fine. Then let the league and the courts do what they have to do. There is enough evidence for conduct detrimental. I'm now looking at this as if it was some other team, not the Vikings, to take my personal bias out. We will lose more games without AD, but that's the way it has to go.

Agreed. They should have just done the 4 games and then said "It's up to the NFL, we've done our part".

7. Quote Originally Posted by Crax View Post
    Agreed. They should have just done the 4 games and then said "It's up to the NFL, we've done our part".
    I think that would have been the wiser move for Vikings Management. Once that is done it would shift the focus to the NFL rules and less towards the Vikings being worried about their W/L record.

Peterson shouldn't be active this week
    Wilf's are making a mistake

let him play, if he isn't in jail why shouldn't he ? these guys are modern day gladiators playing a violent game for our entertainment, i could care less about a player's moral character, i care about their on field ability. i do not understand why people want to hold these guys to some higher standard, why do you care ? these players should not be role models for anyone. would banning peterson from the game be a benefit to his children ? does the nfl really worry about their image ? they've always had criminals playing in the league, it's nothing new.
    None

Blog Entries
    Eric Dickerson weighs in....this is interesting for sure.

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci...ys-vikings-are

(I am leaving my personal opinions out other than my blog posts, but this is another interesting perspective)

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast