Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 308
  1. #1

    Peterson Reinstated

    Vikings reinstate Adrian Peterson

    Article by: MATT VENSEL and MIKE KASZUBA , Star Tribune Updated: September 15, 2014 - 11:33 AM

    The star running back is expected to play on Sunday at New Orleans. He was charged late last week on a felony count of injuring a child.

    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...275137391.html

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  2. #2
    Can we get Line back now?


    Qui tacet, consentit.

  3. Interesting. The NFL hasn't made any decisions yet on whether to suspend him. Articles I have read say the trial wouldn't be until next year.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTheViking View Post
    Interesting. The NFL hasn't made any decisions yet on whether to suspend him. Articles I have read say the trial wouldn't be until next year.
    Not to worry, the league office will suspend him. Godell is in such a shit storm it will
    be demanded of him to make Adrian the co poster child with Rice for the criminal NFL. NOW
    would like to shut it down tomorrow as well as every liberal hack in the country.
    Everyone is so holier than thou when it comes to these things. The fact is I would bet
    that per capita the NFL's number of dometic abusers is no more than that of the
    general population, but these hacks must get their message across even if it
    means due process can take a back seat.

  5. #5
    I don't see how the league can step in and suspend a player that has a first offense and hasn't been convicted. This is not the ray rice situation. But then again, the NFL does what it wants so who knows...

  6. #6
    Maybe Goodell will have Peterson drop his drawers and take 15 licks with a tree branch swung by a crazed MMA fighter.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Maybe Goodell will have Peterson drop his drawers and take 15 licks with a tree branch swung by a crazed MMA fighter.
    I have a feeling Adrian would enjoy that.

  8. "This is a difficult path to navigate," Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman said at a news conference. "We believe he deserves to play while the legal process plays out.

    "The decision to play Adrian is not an NFL decision. That decision was made by our organization."

    I'm sure glad 30-7 and 4 interceptions weren't a factor in this decision!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Jersey Shore, Twitter - @pinfante97
    Posts
    332
    Bravo to Rick Spielman and the Vikings for doing the right thing and not flushing the season down the toilet. Could of very easily succumb to the over sensitivity of the league due to the Ray Rice situation which is on a total different stratosphere...

  10. Quote Originally Posted by jargomcfargo View Post
    "This is a difficult path to navigate," Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman said at a news conference. "We believe he deserves to play while the legal process plays out.

    "The decision to play Adrian is not an NFL decision. That decision was made by our organization."

    I'm sure glad 30-7 and 4 interceptions weren't a factor in this decision!
    I'm not sure I could make the same decision if I were in charge. I get the remorse, I get the fact that he was raised similarly, I get the fact that Adrian has contributed to charity and the community. I just struggle with how a Dad can just "whoop" a four year old…regardless of offense. One would think a lightbulb would go off, triggering more rational discipline. Of course, I also understand that "rational" is in the eyes of the beholder. In this case, the "beholder" could be a jury… so, I understand the reinstatement from a legal perspective.

    Regardless of due process, I'm just not sure I could put him on the field.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •