View Poll Results: Adrian Peterson

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • come back

23 71.88%
  • cut/trade asap

9 28.13%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Do you want Adrian to play for the Vikings again?

I know we have an AP thread but I just wanted to create a poll with a straight yes or no answer.

I know we're a ways away from a trial or plea deal but there doesn't seem to be a denial of what was done, just possibly of what the intentions were.

So knowing what we do about his flaws as man, his contract, his on field play, this team...do you want him taking handoffs in a Vikings uniform again whether that be this season or next?
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

I'd like Peterson to come back and play. Yes, he made a mistake and needs to cut the chain of child abuse... but don't think it should be the end of the line for him. He should have an 6-8 game suspension and be required to take parenting classes and anger management classes.

Honestly don't think this is on the same level as the Ray Rice scandal, but that doesn't make it any better. The league needs to deal with Peterson in the proper manner, but I fear they might go overboard because of their own mishandling of the Rice incident.
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

Peterson will be back after he is disciplined. I think you are spot on C Mac Dů 6 games, anger management, parenting, and, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Vikes throw in some sort of community service or charity component.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

4. Pretty much in line with CMac's thinking as well.

Amazing to see how polarized of a topic this is.

NOW, has come out and said they think he should be hung from the mast of the Viking ship in Eden Praire... by his scrotum of course.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I'd like Peterson to come back and play. Yes, he made a mistake and needs to cut the chain of child abuse... but don't think it should be the end of the line for him. He should have an 6-8 game suspension and be required to take parenting classes and anger management classes.

Honestly don't think this is on the same level as the Ray Rice scandal, but that doesn't make it any better. The league needs to deal with Peterson in the proper manner, but I fear they might go overboard because of their own mishandling of the Rice incident.
    I agree 100% C. And if AD is serious about making things right, he could eventually do a lot of good to help break this pattern of behavior with other parents.

Qui tacet, consentit.

7. I am in agreement as well. Adrian and the Vikings are actually in a position to make a lot of good come out of this, if they handle it properly.

So far, with the reinstatement and "waiting for the legal situation to sort itself out" before taking further action, is a good start. Some sort of league punishment (suspension and/or fines) will be coming, but not until a conviction or plea deal is made. In the meantime, Peterson should start doing public service appearances on his own, to try and head off the swell of negative public sentiment.

As for the basic question posed here, of course I want him back. As long as he is not permanently banned from the league, some other team would undoubtedly scoop him up. And I would much rather see him on our team than any other. He's not a bad guy, he just made an error in judgement.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post
    I am in agreement as well. Adrian and the Vikings are actually in a position to make a lot of good come out of this, if they handle it properly.

So far, with the reinstatement and "waiting for the legal situation to sort itself out" before taking further action, is a good start. Some sort of league punishment (suspension and/or fines) will be coming, but not until a conviction or plea deal is made. In the meantime, Peterson should start doing public service appearances on his own, to try and head off the swell of negative public sentiment.

As for the basic question posed here, of course I want him back. As long as he is not permanently banned from the league, some other team would undoubtedly scoop him up. And I would much rather see him on our team than any other. He's not a bad guy, he just made an error in judgement.
    You know, I was thinking the same thing about AD doing PSA's, but that is a very slippery slope. He can't in any way intimate there was abuse, so he would have to choose his words very carefully. But I think eventually he could become a spokesman who could talk specifically to parents who use excessive means to discipline their kids. If I was his agent, I'd get him thinking this way and make sure the NFL knew of it and got the word out there.

I agree, he's not a bad guy at all. He's made mistakes, yet he's done so much good visiting kids in hospitals. Now he has a chance to take a bad thing and make things better.

Qui tacet, consentit.

9. New to this forum, but I picked the trade/cut option. I dont know how we could trade him though, I believe he would just be released. But it would be nice to get something for him. And I think there will be more incidents like the one AD confessed to, which will come to light soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JayhawksFan View Post
    New to this forum, but I picked the trade/cut option. I dont know how we could trade him though, I believe he would just be released. But it would be nice to get something for him. And I think there will be more incidents like the one AD confessed to, which will come to light soon.
    There will be more of the same, this is how he disciplined his children.

But I think there is a difference between someone who thinks he is doing the right thing (because it is how HE was raised) and someone who beats up little kids because he gets off on it. If AP changes his ways due to education on the subject, then he should not be treated as a abuser, just a relic of an older era that needs updating.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast