Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • come back

23 71.88%
  • cut/trade asap

9 28.13%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    There will be more of the same, this is how he disciplined his children.

But I think there is a difference between someone who thinks he is doing the right thing (because it is how HE was raised) and someone who beats up little kids because he gets off on it. If AP changes his ways due to education on the subject, then he should not be treated as a abuser, just a relic of an older era that needs updating.
    That is my thinking too. He was doing what he thought was right, and really, from what I understand, a very common punishment in the South. I hope continues to play for the Vikings for many years.

adrian was just using the same discipline that was used on him as a child, the same way it was used on many of us older guys. it's funny to hear the talking heads condemn this type of punishment claiming that it's 2014, we know better now. well you know what, back in the day we didn't have school shooters, kids respected authority and parents had the right to choose how to punish their own children. the liberal media lynch mob is out to destroy adrian, just like they did to paterno, phil robertson, paula deen, riley cooper, incognito, etc, etc., i hope the vikes stand their ground and let adrian play.
    None

Blog Entries
    I Appreciate the level of decorum in these threads....nice work, purple brothers!

To save my defense pleas and any other drama my short answer is yes. I want to see him break records and retire in the purple and gold. He has meant as much to our franchise as any other player.

In my short, defense sparing answer, yes. He has meant as much to our franchise as any other player.
    FREE AD

paterno, phil robertson, paula deen, riley cooper, incognito, etc, etc.
    If you include Peterson with that lot, you are not making a good case. I hope you are not a fresh face from law school because that argument will do Peterson no favors.

7. I posted this in another thread..

Know what I hope as a football fan.. I hope that AP moves through the process.. takes what is ultimately is levied against him in terms of punishment (if any) and truly takes a look at all the studies out there on discipline. Then makes a choice in his life and with regards to his parenting that doesn't do the physical & emotional damage done here. I hope he can strengthen his relationships with his children where corporal discipline isn't needed.

I also hope to see him return to the Vikings at the appropriate time. Don't know that will happen, but in a land of second chances, one couldn't rule it out.

But I think this situation needs to pulled out of the public sector and provide some shelter to not only the NFL/Vikings but to AP and his family.
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Quote Originally Posted by pack93z View Post
    Know what I hope as a football fan.. I hope that AP moves through the process.. takes what is ultimately is levied against him in terms of punishment (if any) and truly takes a look at all the studies out there on discipline. Then makes a choice in his life and with regards to his parenting that doesn't do the physical & emotional damage done here. I hope he can strengthen his relationships with his children where corporal discipline isn't needed.

But I think this situation needs to pulled out of the public sector and provide some shelter to not only the NFL/Vikings but to AP and his family.
    As a family fan, I agree.

It was good for this to come to light, but the healing must begin.

9. Quote Originally Posted by iowa View Post
    adrian was just using the same discipline that was used on him as a child, the same way it was used on many of us older guys. it's funny to hear the talking heads condemn this type of punishment claiming that it's 2014, we know better now. well you know what, back in the day we didn't have school shooters, kids respected authority and parents had the right to choose how to punish their own children. the liberal media lynch mob is out to destroy adrian, just like they did to paterno, phil robertson, paula deen, riley cooper, incognito, etc, etc., i hope the vikes stand their ground and let adrian play.
    Apparently they don't know better in TX because this type of punishment is still allowed in schools. Not that it's right, but they can still spank kids in school in TX.

And I do believe Peterson has already stated that he has already received help in how to deal with and punish children. But this is not reported in the press because it might make him human.
    In the last 15 years, Tampa Bay as more playoff wins than the Dallas Cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    If you include Peterson with that lot, you are not making a good case. I hope you are not a fresh face from law school because that argument will do Peterson no favors.
    Paula Deen>> You think Paula deserved to have her career taken from her because she admitted to using the N word years ago? Really?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast