Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Webb?

Joe Webb?

What the heck did I miss? When did he leave/get cut whatever? I noticed he was on the Carolina roster, how did I miss this?

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

2. Oh I hadn't noticed either. No great loss.

Hard to believe he was here 4 years but I guess his contract was up and he just wasn't re-signed.

Apparently he had a good pre-season and made the roster as a 3rd string QB behind Newton and Derek Anderson.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

not surpised he wasn't picked up again, glad to see he still gets to be on a team. not sure he'll ever see the field again though. shame, great athletic ability, just didn't translate to on the field production. prolly could be from many things, ie.. the existing coaching staff at the time and their inability to address teaching/coaching players and their talent.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by digital420 View Post
    not surpised he wasn't picked up again, glad to see he still gets to be on a team. not sure he'll ever see the field again though. shame, great athletic ability, just didn't translate to on the field production. prolly could be from many things, ie.. the existing coaching staff at the time and their inability to address teaching/coaching players and their talent.

DiGiTaL

Watching Webb play reminded me of high school ball. He's a talented guy, but his raw physical talents just don't match up to actually playing football in the NFL. He needs to learn the game, and I don't think he ever was really given that chance.

Blog Entries
    He was let go very quietly...didnt see a peep anywhere. I think its just another example of how poorly managed things were under Frazier and previous coaches....the Freeman episode was just the embodiment of how screwed we really were.

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    He was let go very quietly...didnt see a peep anywhere. I think its just another example of how poorly managed things were under Frazier and previous coaches....the Freeman episode was just the embodiment of how screwed we really were.
    ... or still are.

Don't get me wrong, I love Zimmer and what he's done with the team, but the Freeman episode was Rick Spielman's call. How that guy is still a GM in this league is beyond me.
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

Blog Entries
    Spielman has done a terrific job and I will fight anyone who says otherwise. LOL

He's got about as good a record at QB as other GMs in the league...its a hard one to get right. But looking at the team thats being built and some of his moves...its the right direction and I like it.

I just hated Chilly and Frazier...so I am giving Z a little leeway.

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Spielman has done a terrific job and I will fight anyone who says otherwise. LOL

He's got about as good a record at QB as other GMs in the league...its a hard one to get right. But looking at the team thats being built and some of his moves...its the right direction and I like it.

I just hated Chilly and Frazier...so I am giving Z a little leeway.
    What successful QB has he drafted in his entire career? Fingers crossed for Bridgewater, but Spielman's record on the QB front is abysmal.
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

10. Oh Lord, let's mot get CMac going on Rick Spielman. I think Rick has done a pretty good job with the draft over the last three years. QBs....ehhh, not so much. Ponder was a bit of a stretch at 12th but I don't blame him for thinking Ponder could be developed. But developing a QB is very tough. There are usually more misses than hits. And I don't see what the big to-do is about the Freeman debacle. He only started one game and he only had a one-year deal. The only thing that was hurt was Zygi's checkbook.
    Back to Webb. We probably thought we could develop him into Kordell Stewart type multi position player. Too bad he was never good at either. I will always remember him running down the sidelines for a 60 yard TD run against the Lions and shocking the Eagles in Philly on Tuesday Night Football.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast