Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Strib calls the season 8-8

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...tml?page=2&c=y

Chip hit right where I have been predicting, for much the same reasons...

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Chip hit right where I have been predicting, for much the same reasons...
    .500 is the safe bet. Chip went out on a limb with that one ... I guess.

7-9 or 9-7 gives the prediction a directional push; 8-8 is pretty much just a push.

I agree that the Vikings secondary is still not much better on paper. I hope the defensive scheme will allow it not to be exposed as it had been under Frazier. Changing the looks, coverages, and pressure can make a difference. So does covering the Packers' crossing patterns, the Bears' sideline patterns, and the Lions' running back coming out of the backfield when Megatron is doubled up.

I'm thinking 6-10. Quite pessimistic I know, but looking at our first six games going 2-4 would be a great start. But as they say, that's why you play the games.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

The season is already lost. Mike Golic, that expert of all experts on Mike&Mike, picked us to go 5-11. I am crushed. And he backed his prediction up with absolutely nothing of substance.

Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    The season is already lost. Mike Golic, that expert of all experts on Mike&Mike, picked us to go 5-11. I am crushed. And he backed his prediction up with absolutely nothing of substance.
    So we'll shock the world when we go 12-4... makes for a better story anyways.
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

This is the way I see the season going... 12-4 baby

@ Rams - Win
    vs Patriots - Win
    @ Saints - Loss
    vs Falcons - Win
    @ Packers - Loss
    vs Lions - Win
    @ Bills - Win
    @ Buccaneers - Win
    vs Redskins - Win
    @ Bears - Loss
    vs Packers - Win
    vs Panthers - Win
    vs Jets - Win
    @ Lions - Loss
    @ Dolphins - Win
    vs Bears - Win
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

Blog Entries
    8-8 is reasonable. Here's how I see it going down

@ Rams - Win (If we can't win this, we don't deserve to complain about the crappy predictions)
    vs Patriots - Win (Catching the Pats early is our only chance of beating them. Get them before they hit midseason form. THis is the win we normally wouldn't get this year)
    @ Saints - Loss Saints will be a tough team, especially at home. I don't know our D can hang with them.
    vs Falcons - Win Wouldn't be surprised if we lost. Falcons are not as bad as their record last year indicates. They can get hot and torch any team.
    @ Packers - Loss - THey're a good team, in Green Bay, while we're not quite in midseason form yet. Chalk this up as a loss
    vs Lions - Win - By now Reggie Bush should be hurt
    @ Bills - Win - We need to beat the Bills
    @ Buccaneers - Loss - Leslie bests his old team.
    vs Redskins - Win - Again, not a good team. Kirk Cousins is starting by now, and throws four picks
    @ Bears - Loss - We almost NEVER play well in Chicago
    vs Packers - Loss - Despite some good wins, we just can't pull this one out
    vs Panthers - Loss - No shame in losing to one of the top NFC Teams
    vs Jets - Win - Lots of shame if we lose this game
    @ Lions - Win - Lions are still the lions in the end. WE dominate the all-time record against them
    @ Dolphins - Win - Again, not a terribly strong team. We should be able to squeeze out a win in "do or die" mode
    vs Bears - Win - Win to close out the season on December 28, outdoors in -40 temperatures. Cutler gets frostbite on his nipples.

That's 10-6 at best.
    Last edited by i_bleed_purple; 09-03-2014 at 10:58 AM.

Places we usually stink it up- Lambeau, Soldier, Superdome, and Raymond James.

Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Places we usually stink it up- Lambeau, Soldier, Superdome, and Raymond James.
    Looks like you are predicting a 12-4 season then. BELIEVE.
    We're bringing purple back.

I'll take 9-7 and a playoff spot...and then wreak some havoc in the playoffs.

Qui tacet, consentit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast