Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Nah, haven't lived there in over a year. Just not sure how to change it.

Like Hemmingway said, "Happiness in intelligent people is one of the rarest qualities I know." Being able to give an honest assessment of our team isn't being negative, it's just me being able to realize the mistakes that ownership continues to make and draw conclusions from them.

If you're all looking for sugar-coated opinions and someone to hold your hand and tell you it'll be okay... I suggest ignoring my posts.
    I have no problems with your posts. I wouldn't ever put you on ignore. But I doubt you would want to hold the hand of Smegmavike!
    BTW I tried to revive the blues rock thread after seeing Joe Bonamassa awhile back. You were active in that thread back in the day.
    Time will reveal the truth on Bridgewater, but right now he seems to have a few things going for him that Ponder never had, such as calmness in the pocket and ability to read progressions. High expectations have resulted in a repetitive pattern of poor outcomes in much of the recent Viking history. But this is the time for enthusiasm from the fans of almost all bottom feeding teams!
    The odds are stacked against Teddy, but I'll start with a baseline of hope, and try to keep the blinders and purple shades in the drawer until the Vikings start losing, or Teddy really stinks it up.
    "Hope and expectation are rarely the same thing." Not Hemmingway.

Meanwhile we go 7-9 again.

3. Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Nothing like fresh blood, aye CMac?

Just wait until the season gets rolling, the QB threads will no doubt go out of control.

Cassell will start the season, flash some decent play and then fall apart as usual. On will come Bridgewater who will show up and down moments causing extreme reactions from fans in both directions and we'll all be stuck wondering if we will every find our franchise guy (except CMac of course who knows the odds of greatness for any franchise are very slim, so best to predict against it and you will probably be right). More than likely we wont' truly know that answer about Bridgewater for 2-3 years giving plenty of fuel to keep the QB debates a blazing.
    Maybe with our last two coaching staffs, but I'm betting that this staff will avoid those pitfalls and develop players to get the most out of 'em.

4. Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    He lives in NYC !
    Nah, haven't lived there in over a year. Just not sure how to change it.

Like Hemmingway said, "Happiness in intelligent people is one of the rarest qualities I know." Being able to give an honest assessment of our team isn't being negative, it's just me being able to realize the mistakes that ownership continues to make and draw conclusions from them.

If you're all looking for sugar-coated opinions and someone to hold your hand and tell you it'll be okay... I suggest ignoring my posts.
    Giving an honest assessment (which, in this case, is your opinion) has nothing to do with intelligence. And, just because some of us disagree with you, it isn't an indication that we are either wrong or lacking intelligence.
    Last edited by MaxVike; 08-13-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

5. Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    You call it being negative, I call it being right.
    Your right? Ok, which QB should they have drafted?

BTW, here's list of QB's that Spielman could have had a say in drafting or did draft.

Code:
    Round  Pick #    Name
    7	232	Moses Moreno
    1	12	Cade McNown
    6	177	Josh Heupel
    2	64	Tarvaris Jackson
    7	217	Tyler Thigpen
    5	137	John David Booty
    1	12	Christian Ponder
    In the last 15 years, Tampa Bay as more playoff wins than the Dallas Cowboys.

6. Quote Originally Posted by raptorman View Post

BTW, here's list of QB's that Spielman could have had a say in drafting or did draft.

Code:
    Round  Pick #    Name
    7	232	Moses Moreno
    1	12	Cade McNown
    6	177	Josh Heupel
    2	64	Tarvaris Jackson
    7	217	Tyler Thigpen
    5	137	John David Booty
    1	12	Christian Ponder
    exactly

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Not sure how Spielman had a say in drafting Tarvaris Jackson as he was working for ESPN when that pick was made in the April draft in 2006 and Rick was hired on May 30 2006 to replace Fran Foley as VP Player Personnel

8. Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Not sure how Spielman had a say in drafting Tarvaris Jackson as he was working for ESPN when that pick was made in the April draft in 2006 and Rick was hired on May 30 2006 to replace Fran Foley as VP Player Personnel
    I didn't look at date hired when it did it, just year. My mistake.
    In the last 15 years, Tampa Bay as more playoff wins than the Dallas Cowboys.

eh could be a lot worse then Spielman. look at jerry reese draft history and he has 2 super bowl rings... go figure... granted thanks to accorsi's hard work but most people wouldnt even know the jerry reese probably is the worst drafter in the nfl...

i never meant bridgewater was a bust when starting this thread what i meant was every little bad thing i blow way out of proportion to myself in my head because how bad ponder was. these past 2 days all the negative articles about all the picks he is throwing is making my butthole quiver a little... #JustSaying

Quote Originally Posted by raptorman View Post

Code:
    Round  Pick #    Name
    7	232	Moses Moreno
    1	12	Cade McNown
    6	177	Josh Heupel
    2	64	Tarvaris Jackson
    7	217	Tyler Thigpen
    5	137	John David Booty
    1	12	Christian Ponder
    They could have drafted Russell Wilson, which I'm on record (on this site) saying he'd be the best QB out of that draft. Whether or not he's the best from that draft is debatable, but what's not debatable is that he has a championship ring and had a fantastic first two seasons.

I mean, the simple question was "Has Spielman ever drafted a successful QB in the NFL..." Not just the Vikings. Go back throughout his entire career, even when he was building the 1-15 Dolphins... why don't you list out the QB's he drafted there?
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast