Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

The Ponder Syndrome - is it just me?

Is it just me or when you start hearing about Teddy throwing 3 picks yesterday and after a less then stellar preseason debut, can you not but help being sh*t scared and blowing it out of proportion?

After how bad Ponder was thins pick has to work.... I really hope we see better play from him this weekend...

it's not just you, teddy flashed a few "ponder moments" in that game the other night. that being said, it was his first game action so i guess we should have expected it. i think we all have high hopes and we've heard all the glowing reviews from training camp so we want to see it happen. if ponder hadn't traumatized us with his horrible play this would be a non-issue.
    None

As I said when we drafted him, the kid has a weak arm and can't make the deep throws at the NFL level. This was to be expected.

Just remember the positive news we heard about Jackson and Ponder during camp... and then remember the subsequent collapse. Same story, different day.

Eventually someone is going to wake up and realize Rick Spielman has never drafted a successful QB in the NFL... yet people keep giving him a chance. Not sure why, exactly. He should have been fired 3 or 4 years ago. Guess it pays to have dumb crooks as team owners...
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

Get the digs in now, CMac... just in case he becomes a great QB.

I'll never understand your insistence on being so damn negative.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

it was his first game in a year.... Ponder was doing that type of shit even last year.... He'll be fine... just had to get the deer in headlights out of his system. atleast he went the right places with the ball...

The line also looked like shit on saturday so that didn't help things of course.

Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    Get the digs in now, CMac... just in case he becomes a great QB.

I'll never understand your insistence on being so damn negative.
    You call it being negative, I call it being right.
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

7. Hey guys! Decided to use my real name.

CD... I think you are being negative for 0 reasons. The kid's a rookie. The sack fumble wasn't his fault as Charlie Johnson decided blocking air was a better look than blocking the DT that came on a stunt. Look at the replay you see the DT that lined up against Fusco, cut back inside behind Sullivan and his guy and come clean for the strip sack while CJ blocks air.

QBs throw INTs in practice... it's not the end of the world. It's part of the learning experience of what he can and can't do in the NFL. My God he a bust over less than 1 half of football. SMH!

8. Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    You call it being negative, I call it being right.
    You're wrong

9. Anybody that judges a kid as a bust over less than 1 half of pre season football is an idiot.

10. It's an interesting thought but I disagree. First of all, Ponder and Bridgewater have different styles of play. Ponder does a poor job of reading through his progressions. Not only that, but he gets rattled easily and tends to tuck and run or toss the ball out of bounds when he gets flustered. These are weaknesses that are easy to expose and opponents went after him like hungry piranha. I used to be a Ponder supporter but I never quite got a handle on him. I've come to the conclusion that we drafted him because of his athleticism and intelligence. He had a tremendous upside and we thought he could take a watch-and-learn approach behind McNabb. The problem was that defenses adjusted much better than Ponder did.
    Now on to Bridgewater. He tends to be a much better pocket passer than Ponder. He doesn't get flustered and he goes through progressions much better. From what I've heard, the Vikings are throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Teddy because they are probably going to be calling on him sooner rather than later. Keep in mind that it takes a while to develop an NFL starting QB. We drafted Bridgewater because he has the tools, mental toughness and intelligence to develop. Could he be a bust? Sure, but from the info that I gather, the odds are against it.

Side note - C Mac, why so negative? Every post of yours presents the worst possible scenario as fact. I don't mind some skepticism or criticism but every post of yours is gloom and doom hopelessness. Lighten up.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast