Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I expect AD to get far less rushing yards than some people are expecting him/hoping he will get due to defenses staying disciplined & in their lanes (he won't even get close to the record), McKinnon getting a share of action & more passing with less running.

I also expect to see Barr start warranting us picking him 9th overall in the draft.

I'm also happy as a pig in shit to see the Cover 2 as our base defense go bye-bye.
    Last edited by singersp; 08-02-2014 at 12:23 PM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

2. What are you expecting this season

problem i have : playing outside at home.
    If it was a permanent sitituation id be esstatic.
    Think it is going to hurt more than help.
    None

3. I'm expecting to see several things, and hoping for a few more. I, like many of you, do not foresee a deep playoff run to a potential championship. However, I do think we are significantly improved, and that, on top of play below expectations last year, point toward a winning season.

First, the new coaching staff. I like these guys, and I am expecting to see a much more disciplined team, held more accountable by not just the coaches, but the players themselves. A strong sense of purpose and focus on the fundamentals should lead to a much more successful outing.

The young players we've brought in are exciting and have tremendously high ceilings. I am expecting a truly exciting highlight reel, on both sides of the ball, for the first time in how long?

Despite some notable losses, we still have a solid core of veteran leadership. That will help minimize, if not eliminate, a lot of the "rookie" mistakes.

Given all of this, I am going to make my first pre-season prediction of a 9-7 season, on the playoff bubble. Making it in will depend more on other teams failure, rather than our own success. Believe it or not, there are a bunch of other teams out there who could also be considered significantly improved. I reserve the right to re-evaluate after the pre-season games are done.

Now, I do actually tend to agree with Singer one one point. AP's total carries and yardage should drop off a bit. Not because of him, but simply because we should have a much more balanced offense, with more passing at all levels. I also tend to believe that the staff will want to keep him relatively fresh for next year, when we should be poised for a serious run, if we have another good off-season. So, somewhere around 14-1500 yards rushing is my guess. A couple of hundred receiving on top of that. A bad year for AP, still a great year for most other mortal RBs.

I am hoping to see Kyle Rudolph have a monster year, justifying the new contract. If he can stay healthy, he has the necessary tools to accomplish this. Between him and Patterson and Jennings,
    we have a realistic multiple-receiver passing threat. How long has that been? Carter, Moss and Reed, maybe? And not to mention the significantly improved depth at the WR position.

I still haven't seen enough out of the DBs to make a judgement, but it'd be hard not to improve with this bunch. That right there will keep us in a lot more games that slipped away in the past.

The plying outdoors thing does have me a little concerned, but remember that our visitors will be experiencing the same conditions. I think it will depend a lot on mindset going into the cold stretch. The coaches will need to impress on everyone that this is a positive rather than a negative. If everyone on the team is worried about the cold, that will tend toward a self-fulfilling prophecy. If they can stay focused and positive, good things will happen.

I think we have gained ground in our division. I don't see nearly as much overall improvement from any of our rivals. Still, record-wise, as always, it will be the Conference games out of division that truly will make or break us.

Comments, please?

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Superbowl.
    We're bringing purple back.

Quote Originally Posted by gregair13 View Post
    Superbowl.
    ...or bust!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post
    I'm expecting to see several things, and hoping for a few more. I, like many of you, do not foresee a deep playoff run to a potential championship. However, I do think we are significantly improved, and that, on top of play below expectations last year, point toward a winning season.

First, the new coaching staff. I like these guys, and I am expecting to see a much more disciplined team, held more accountable by not just the coaches, but the players themselves. A strong sense of purpose and focus on the fundamentals should lead to a much more successful outing.

The young players we've brought in are exciting and have tremendously high ceilings. I am expecting a truly exciting highlight reel, on both sides of the ball, for the first time in how long?

Despite some notable losses, we still have a solid core of veteran leadership. That will help minimize, if not eliminate, a lot of the "rookie" mistakes.

Given all of this, I am going to make my first pre-season prediction of a 9-7 season, on the playoff bubble. Making it in will depend more on other teams failure, rather than our own success. Believe it or not, there are a bunch of other teams out there who could also be considered significantly improved. I reserve the right to re-evaluate after the pre-season games are done.

Now, I do actually tend to agree with Singer one one point. AP's total carries and yardage should drop off a bit. Not because of him, but simply because we should have a much more balanced offense, with more passing at all levels. I also tend to believe that the staff will want to keep him relatively fresh for next year, when we should be poised for a serious run, if we have another good off-season. So, somewhere around 14-1500 yards rushing is my guess. A couple of hundred receiving on top of that. A bad year for AP, still a great year for most other mortal RBs.

I am hoping to see Kyle Rudolph have a monster year, justifying the new contract. If he can stay healthy, he has the necessary tools to accomplish this. Between him and Patterson and Jennings,
    we have a realistic multiple-receiver passing threat. How long has that been? Carter, Moss and Reed, maybe? And not to mention the significantly improved depth at the WR position.

I still haven't seen enough out of the DBs to make a judgement, but it'd be hard not to improve with this bunch. That right there will keep us in a lot more games that slipped away in the past.

The plying outdoors thing does have me a little concerned, but remember that our visitors will be experiencing the same conditions. I think it will depend a lot on mindset going into the cold stretch. The coaches will need to impress on everyone that this is a positive rather than a negative. If everyone on the team is worried about the cold, that will tend toward a self-fulfilling prophecy. If they can stay focused and positive, good things will happen.

I think we have gained ground in our division. I don't see nearly as much overall improvement from any of our rivals. Still, record-wise, as always, it will be the Conference games out of division that truly will make or break us.

Comments, please?
    Awesome post Traveling_Vike! I agree with everything you wrote. I would just like to add that a lot of our success hinges on our QB play. If we could have a QB that's an asset instead of a liability, we can give most teams a run for their money. Matt Cassell will probably get the nod to start (and I'm OK with that) but I suspect Teddy will take over around October. It's hard to ask a rookie to be responsible for elevating a teams performance but I think he has that ability. Will it happen right away? Probably not but it could happen.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123