Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rejected uniform designs from 2003

Paul Lukas of Uni Watch got his hands on some unused Reebok uniform designs for the Minnesota Vikings from 2003. Lukas says he confirmed the legitimacy of the designs through a source who used to work for the Vikes, so these are real.

Check out these rejected Minnesota Vikings uniform designs from 2003 - FanSided - Sports News, Entertainment, Lifestyle & Technology - 280+ Sites
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vikingjersey-590x900.jpg  

2. Ugh, that black uni makes me wanna puke. I kinda like the numbers even though they're a little old fashioned. I'm still trying to come to terms with our new numbers. I think I'm coming around.

Thank god we didn't go in the direction of the Buccaneers. Those are the ugliest uniforms top-to-bottom I've ever seen. Arena football teams laugh at those.

Quote Originally Posted by phaninphx View Post
    Ugh, that black uni makes me wanna puke.
    I have a black Randy Moss jersey that would have made a nice alternative uniform ... with white pants.

I kinda like the numbers even though they're a little old fashioned. I'm still trying to come to terms with our new numbers. I think I'm coming around.
    I still do not like the new Vikings numbers or the matte helmet.

Thank god we didn't go in the direction of the Buccaneers. Those are the ugliest uniforms top-to-bottom I've ever seen. Arena football teams laugh at those.
    They are ugly! I agree.

4. I want our old uniforms back!!!

Blog Entries

Rejected uniform designs from 2003

The home jersey of these designs looks like a bad Chargers rip off to me. The black jersey and shorts IMO do not go with the socks or the purple helmets, so I don't think we missed out there. With all 3 designs I don't like the numbers or the way the horn is incorporated.

6. NFL news is a little slow this time of year. Let's see if we can have a little fun with this thread.

Here are my top 5 best and worst uniforms:

Top Five Best:
    1. Vikings - Love the purple color. Very unique and regal. Fitting for a team name known for looting and pillaging.
    2. Patriots
    3. Carolina
    4. Broncos
    5. Texans

Top 5 Worst:
    1. Buccaneers - Could that logo on the helmet be ANY bigger? The teams from the 70's that had to wear the creamsicle uniforms still can't stop laughing!
    2. Packers - Who wants cheese on their head?!
    3. Browns - The two ugliest colors on the same uniform? Brilliant!
    4. Jets/Giants - Permanent throw back uniforms? C'mon guys it's not 1968 anymore.
    5. Colts - Boring and unimaginative.

Quote Originally Posted by phaninphx View Post
    Top Five Best:
    Vikings - Love the purple color. Very unique and regal. Fitting for a team name known for looting and pillaging.
    The classic Vikings uniform, yes. The new ones, not so much.

2. Patriots
    Godawful color palette!

5. Texans
    Simple with a cool logo. Much better than the Oilers.

Best uni's we have... grey facemask looks awesome. No fluff, just business.

I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

Somebody get me a doctor......I am agreeing with CMac on the uni.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Best uni's we have... grey facemask looks awesome. No fluff, just business.

I would like a vikings patch on the right chest. Something to break up the boring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast