Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtal View Post
    Really excited about the new coaching staff and who they have. Sorry, Frazier was not a good coach. A good person, and perhaps a better coordinator. This new coaching staff will bring out the best in the players and I think Cassel was our best option for this season. Not much out there, be it a rookie or a free agent.
    Personally, I don't know if Frazier was a good coach. The only thing I am sure of is Spielman and Frazier did NOT see eye to eye, and Spielman put together a team Frazier could not coach. Hopefully, Zimmer fairs better.

I would have preferred Freeman, but only because I don't know what Spielman and Zimmer know, perhaps. Cassel will win us 2 games, lose us 2 games, and the other 12 he will manage effectively. Now it comes down to who we draft; it kinda tells you that, barring a Bortles or Manziel dropping to #8, we will NOT be drafting a QB in the first round. Well, at least not at #8...
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

2. Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    Personally, I don't know if Frazier was a good coach. The only thing I am sure of is Spielman and Frazier did NOT see eye to eye, and Spielman put together a team Frazier could not coach. Hopefully, Zimmer fairs better.

I would have preferred Freeman, but only because I don't know what Spielman and Zimmer know, perhaps. Cassel will win us 2 games, lose us 2 games, and the other 12 he will manage effectively. Now it comes down to who we draft; it kinda tells you that, barring a Bortles or Manziel dropping to #8, we will NOT be drafting a QB in the first round. Well, at least not at #8...
    What? Frazier is an awful coach! His 21321 record speaks for itself!

3. Matt Cassel re-ups with the Vikings for two more years

Agree with this move. I can see us grabbing bpa at 8 (most likely a defensive player) and a QB on the second or third day.
    None

Blog Entries
    Great move! I think out of all the realistic QB possibilities there are for us right now, Cassel is the best option.

Matt Cassel re-ups with the Vikings for two more years

Great move. Now don't treat him like shit this time.

I agree with most of the sentiment here. I think that Cassel is a pretty good keep and I think he still throws a decent ball.

With Norv, I think that Cassel fits pretty well. He is a good stop gap ... and there is always the chance that he figures things out and is more than just a stop gap.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123