Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Both Freeman and Ponder are presented with an opportunity to determine their career path. This competition, with the best RB in the League, should be interesting.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Cassel is going to take advantage of the situation.

Blog Entries
    Peace out Kyle Boller! Don't let the door hit your smokin hot wife on the way out.

BREAKING NEWS: Vikings trade Christian Ponder to ESPN for a washing machine and cap relief.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Cassel is going to take advantage of the situation.
    This is where you find out if he has resigned to being a backup or if he has the fire and drive to take something away from someone else.

The trick is keeping that fire each week and not letting someone take your starting job.

Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    This is where you find out if he has resigned to being a backup or if he has the fire and drive to take something away from someone else.

The trick is keeping that fire each week and not letting someone take your starting job.
    It won't matter what kind of game Cassel has. He could be perfect, yet the Vikings will play Freeman as soon as possible. It's predestined. It is the owner's desire and the Vikings way.
    The Vikings base playing time more on rate of pay than production or talent it seems.
    I see it as part of the dysfunctional nature of the organization Caine so frequently mentions.
    Common sense would seem to favor the QB with the hot hand but that doesn't seem to be the Viking way.

I used to be unhappy with the quarterback situation too Ponder, but now that you aren't playing I feel better about it. So I guess I feel your pain a bit.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Peace out Kyle Boller! Don't let the door hit your smokin hot wife on the way out.

BREAKING NEWS: Vikings trade Christian Ponder to ESPN for a washing machine and cap relief.
    LOL now that's hilarious. We'll Herschel Walker ESPN with that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    I used to be unhappy with the quarterback situation too Ponder, but now that you aren't playing I feel better about it. So I guess I feel your pain a bit.
    I'm sure Ponder was a little happier seeing Cassel have a Ponder like game today, now he's thinking to himself, "now I only need to have Freeman have a couple of Ponder like games and suddenly I'm not looking so bad".

Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post

I'm sure Ponder was a little happier seeing Cassel have a Ponder like game today, now he's thinking to himself, "now I only need to have Freeman have a couple of Ponder like games and suddenly I'm not looking so bad".
    Ponder is probably happy to be getting out of town after that debacle.

This just in: Ponder now happy with the QB situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post

When has Ponder ever completed more than 30 passes & also completed 73% of his attempts in that same game?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"