Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by PInfante97 View Post
    every gm has a low success rate on the back side of their draft. the % goes way down when you get to day 3
    So, is success judged by the amount of starters? Or games won?

If we're judging Spielman on how many starters he drafted, then he's a decent GM.

Now, if we're judging Spielman on how many games those starters have won... it's a different story.
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

2. Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    I would have highly disagreed with you up until this last draft when he got us Teddy... Up until then, I wanted his head on a platter. He's missed more than we can count at the back end of the draft. So the jury is still out on him.... He did however draft Ponder which will be a BIG ASS mark on his resume.....

And why the hell is Blanton starting??? only time he shows up on film is when his ass is getting run the fuck over!!!
    Who doesn't? Broncos GM John Elway and his picks along with data suggesting the lower the draft pick the less likely to remain on the team.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/5...k-stick-around

Round

Year 1 Year 2 Year 3 Year 4 Year 5

1 99.7% 93.5% 83.9% 77.4% 71.0%
    2 96.8% 96.1% 83.9% 74.2% 41.9%
    3 96.9% 75.1% 62.5% 37.5% 18.8%
    4 91.4% 74.3% 54.3% 34.3% 17.2%
    5 81.1% 56.8% 37.8% 24.3% 16.2%
    6 70.2% 57.5% 35.3% 20.9% 10.6%
    58.3% 45.8% 31.3% 21.7% 16.7%

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

3. If you look at the data a 7th round pick has just over a 50/50 chance to make the team.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    So, is success judged by the amount of starters? Or games won?

If we're judging Spielman on how many starters he drafted, then he's a decent GM.

Now, if we're judging Spielman on how many games those starters have won... it's a different story.
    Starters doesn't necessarily mean they are good players, it simply means it's the best we got. Blanton is a good example of that.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Starters doesn't necessarily mean they are good players, it simply means it's the best we got. Blanton is a good example of that.
    I agree.

If the Vikings are starting seventh round draft picks, it may be because their other draft picks did not work out or they could not be in free agents. The key is the quality of the personnel on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I figured if Wilf did anything this is what he would do.

Basically this move means that the Jersey boys are not changing anything but they think they can pull the wool over our eyes with a slight of hand. If you think anything is going to change just because his title changed you are dreaming. Wilfs will still be running the same triad of trial and error they have been running since he bought the team.

We have officially become the new Detroit Lions of the NFC Norris Division and I guess Spielman is the new Matt Millen.

Yippee.
    Yep. The new Lions.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910