Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The economic activity from a new stadium will generate over $26 million per year in tax revenue and over $145 million in direct spending by Vikings fans inside the State of Minnesota.
    I guess rather than have their taxes raised temporarily to pay for a new stadium, taxpayers would rather have their taxes raised permanently to compensate for not only the annual loss of $170 mil in tax revenue, but to support those extra welfare recipients/unemployed workers who lost jobs directly & indirectly due to the Vikings leaving.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Where did you get the 170 million tax revenue number?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Where did you get the 170 million tax revenue number?
    Minnesota Vikings | Economic Impact

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I guess rather than have their taxes raised temporarily to pay for a new stadium, taxpayers would rather have their taxes raised permanently to compensate for not only the annual loss of $170 mil in tax revenue, but to support those extra welfare recipients/unemployed workers who lost jobs directly & indirectly due to the Vikings leaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Direct spending is not tax revenue though.

My guess is the 26 million in tax revenue is the projected tax amount for the 145 million in spending. Although without a clearer breakdown that is hard to verify. But in the end spending and tax revenue are not equal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12