Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. FA Running Backs

    Richardson, Ricky, and Westbrook are still out there. I would say Ricky probably has more left in the tank, but Westbrook/McNabb would be interesting.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,796
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: FA Running Backs

    We really, really don't need another RB.

  3. Re: FA Running Backs

    Ricky and Westbrook have both shown good hands receiving during their careers, it is just a thought. Would be kinda cool to get a recognized name player , if it could be done on the cheap. I hated seeing the Eagles get Ronnie Brown. Though I,m pretty sure he didn't come cheap.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,796
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: FA Running Backs

    Quote Originally Posted by "x-ray jeff" #1103385
    Ricky and Westbrook have both shown good hands receiving during their careers, it is just a thought. Would be kinda cool to get a recognized name player , if it could be done on the cheap
    We have under $900K of cap space, we'd never afford either one of them. and in Westbrooks case, there's a reason he hasn't been picked up. He's old, over the hill and broken. We have Booker, who I think will be just as good, if not better at this point playing the receiving RB role.

  5. #5

    Re: FA Running Backs

    I see no reason for us to pursue any of these. It is a spot I think we are really solid at.

    I am shocked that Ricky does not have a job yet though. He definitely still has some in the tank.

  6. Re: FA Running Backs

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103386
    Quote Originally Posted by "x-ray jeff" #1103385
    Ricky and Westbrook have both shown good hands receiving during their careers, it is just a thought. Would be kinda cool to get a recognized name player , if it could be done on the cheap
    We have under $900K of cap space, we'd never afford either one of them. and in Westbrooks case, there's a reason he hasn't been picked up. He's old, over the hill and broken. We have Booker, who I think will be just as good, if not better at this point playing the receiving RB role.
    Westbrook had decent numbers last year with his limited carries...but yeah, I agree we don't need a RB. Our limited cap room is better suited elsewhere.

  7. Re: FA Running Backs

    Save this thread for next season when we blow it with AP. Thanks.

  8. #8

    Re: FA Running Backs

    Quote Originally Posted by "lumberjackgreg" #1103393
    Save this thread for next season when we blow it with AP. Thanks.
    AP cannot get away from us unless we let him.

  9. #9

    Re: FA Running Backs

    Quote Originally Posted by "lumberjackgreg" #1103393
    Save this thread for next season when we blow it with AP. Thanks.
    http://www.purplepride.org/forum/2-vikings-fan-forum/1103089-our-front-office-go-ahead-and-flame-me-now

  10. Re: FA Running Backs

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1103417
    Quote Originally Posted by "lumberjackgreg" #1103393
    Save this thread for next season when we blow it with AP. Thanks.
    http://www.purplepride.org/forum/2-vikings-fan-forum/1103089-our-front-office-go-ahead-and-flame-me-now
    I would never equate pessimism with criticism. Not quite the same. But thanks for trying to call me out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Top 5: Running Backs
    By PurplePride80 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 11:05 PM
  2. Running Backs
    By Purple Herring in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-07-2006, 05:30 PM
  3. running backs
    By Perch56 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 04:23 AM
  4. Running backs
    By RK. in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-14-2005, 05:53 AM
  5. running backs
    By tonytigr29 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-07-2004, 12:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •