All the talk of going deep can now end.
Over!

FAVRE WON THE GAME FOR US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good game against a "decent" team.
Niners do have a good Defense.

The Defense looked good and aggressive.

Favre did his job, again.
Went deep and no turnovers.
I will take a sack any day over a turnover.
The Line needs to do a better job pass blocking...damn!

Hats off:
Favre (+1 for the block on Willis!)
AD
CT
Rice
Chiller
Defense
Ced
Chad
JA
KW
Reynard
Kluwe
EJ
Harvin
Lewis

Thumbs Down:
O-line
Loadholt
ST's
Berrian!!
Dropped pass and a Pick.
But did make up for it a little bit with that great play on 3rd down.
Secondary
Penalties
The asses in chat that can only say 'Favre Sucks'

Hopefully all this silly pissy shit about Favre can end.
He is our starter and he is doing his job.
That pick was on Berrian.

I am sure the Niners nation will be a high about holding AD <100.
Oh well, who got the win?

Storm
09-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Congrats, we finally have a real QB.

Purple Floyd
09-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Brett Favre

301 yards passing- The FIRST 300 yd game for the Vikings in 64 games.

Game winning TD with .02 on the clock.

If I hear LNAD or Noodle Arm 1 more time.........

3-0 Baby.

i_bleed_purple
09-27-2009, 04:22 PM
the anti-Favre crowd now has absolutely no leg to stand on.
We finally had a game where we couldn't just give it to peterson, and this is what we get!!!!

3-0 baby!

i_bleed_purple
btw, favre did have one interception, but that was due to Berrian tipping up the pass.

CCthebest
Thats why we got Farve! Unbelieveable. What a perfect pass. Hello Greg Lewis.
Im not even going to post the bad stuff,
this win is tooooooo nice!
SKOL

KrackerJack
Wow... Just wow...

ram29jackson
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRREEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

realviking
09-27-2009, 04:23 PM
"Snowbowler" wrote:

Wow... Just wow...

QFT

ram29jackson
09-27-2009, 04:24 PM
"ram29jackson" wrote:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRREEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Berrian needs to work on catching though hehe

CulpepperViking16
09-27-2009, 04:25 PM
It feels great to be a pro-favre fan right now!!!! I was never against him and only chuckle at the idiots who doubted him. This is why we lost games in the past. Our QB can't do what Favre does.....win when it counts. GO VIKINGS!!

Purple Floyd
09-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Amazing display of refusing to lose. Even with Peterson on the ropes they got th job done.

Sajid28
hell yea.. BF is the man!!! theres no way tarvaris or sage can pull that off

kjdaddy
Magic!
For US for a change!

gregair13
09-27-2009, 04:27 PM
We had to win that game. The D played so well.

hillshaveeyesPA
09-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Did you see Sage following him after the TD... I swear he was telling him "please teach me oh great one!"

KrackerJack
09-27-2009, 04:30 PM
"CulpepperViking16" wrote:

It feels great to be a pro-favre fan right now!!!!!!

I don't think it matters if you're pro-Favre or anti-Favre, you better feel great after that one if you're a Vikings fan.

Purple Floyd
09-27-2009, 04:31 PM
"hillshaveeyesPA" wrote:

Did you see Sage following him after the TD... I swear he was telling him "please teach me oh great one!"

All he has to do is watch and learn

VikesFan787
09-27-2009, 04:31 PM
"kjdaddy" wrote:

Magic!
For US for a change!

That is what I said to my dad right after the catch!

vikes2456
09-27-2009, 04:33 PM
It was funny I was watching the game with my friend whos a niners fan at the bar. And just before the half he goes "this should a chip shot for Longwell" And I said "Its the vikes, if its easy theyll mess it up" And just as I said that the kick was blocked lol

El Vikingo
09-27-2009, 04:34 PM
I love football

CulpepperViking16
09-27-2009, 04:36 PM
"Snowbowler" wrote:

I don't think it matters if you're pro-Favre or anti-Favre, you better feel great after that one if you're a Vikings fan.

So I assume you're one of the ones with your foot in your mouth right now.. ;D. It's cool though...I see your point. The true factor to focus on is being a Vikings fan. It was a great game

kjdaddy
09-27-2009, 04:38 PM
"VikesFan787" wrote:

"kjdaddy" wrote:

Magic!
For US for a change!

Exactly, I said it to my son, usually we are on the other side.
Been a long time.

KrackerJack
09-27-2009, 04:39 PM

"Snowbowler" wrote:

So I assume you're one of the ones with your foot in your mouth right now.. ;D. It's cool though...I see your point. The true factor to focus on is being a Vikings fan. It was a great game

I was against Favre months before we signed him, but then after realizing my opinion was purely biased, I started to lean the other way... I've been on the fence about him up till now, not a chance my guy Tarvaris pulls that pooh.
So yea... I'll (gladly) take some crow on that one.

VikingMike
09-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Evidently Favre still has some "zip" left in his throws. If he stays healthy (how many times was he knocked down today?!?), he'll only get better while getting more in sync with our receiviers. Hats off...never say die baby.

SharperImage
Hell of a game from the 49ers my hat off 2 them...but got damn it, I LOVE FAVRE

ultravikingfan
"VikingMike" wrote:

Evidently Favre still has some "zip" left in his throws. If he stays healthy (how many times was he knocked down today?!?), he'll only get better while getting more in sync with our receiviers. Hats off...never say die baby.

Man, he was "zipping" a lot today.

What an arm!

vikinggreg
09-27-2009, 04:41 PM
"kjdaddy" wrote:

"VikesFan787" wrote:

"kjdaddy" wrote:

Magic!
For US for a change!

Exactly, I said it to my son, usually we are on the other side.
Been a long time.

EMT's have my heart restarted now I'm lovin life and the game......we'll they tried to take my Fave jersey off to revive me after the game and I jumped back to life cheering ;D

Favre-tastic day ;D

JellyBean2144
09-27-2009, 04:43 PM
I will be the first to admit that I am still worried about this whole Farve deal. But being a Vikings fan, I gotta give the brother his props!! What a freaky game. I was on the edge of my seat that final 2:07. Knowing that we had Farve, I figured that we had a chance to pull it out, and Farve did it. Plus, I gotta give props to Greg Lewis. Great footwork and great hands. Awesome game, fellas.

3-0!!!!!

Dekay
09-27-2009, 04:43 PM
I think this game will be on top of the best games I've seen... ever. It had it all... the heartbreak, the agony, the upsides and downsides and an happy ending.

Ive been all shaken up since the first quarter, I've yelled so i don't have any voice left and probably get a note from my neighbours tomorrow hahaha.

JeffSeimon
09-27-2009, 04:44 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i_bleed_purple
09-27-2009, 04:45 PM
One hell of a game.

I like that the 49ers managed to "contain" peterson, yet he still rushed for 85 yards.

We finally saw what Favre can do with the game on the line, and I guarantee to you that TJ or Sage wouldn't have done the same.

Some things I liked:
Favre
nice kick returns by Harvin
Favre
D Line was in Hills face all day.
They didn't get many sacks, but they hurried alot of balls
Favre
Corners played well, for the most part shut down the receivers and outside run game
Favre

Favre

What needs work:
Childress - Playcalling.
Why the hell do you run a draw on 3rd and 23?
They're good for maybe 3rd and 8 or 10 to catch the D off guard, but they'll key in before the back can run 23 yards.
Berrian - Catch the damn ball
Shiancoe - Catch the damn ball
Harvin - Catch the damn ball. (not as bad as Berrian though, had a first down slip through his hands)
Pass blocking - an improvement over last two weeks, but Favre is still getting hit hard out there.
Needs to improve once we play a team that has a good pass rush.

Run blocking - Seems the 49ers are great to stop our run game.
their 3-4 is confusing the OL, and it shows, the holes were stuffed and they stlil had LB's flowing to make the tackle.
Good game by them.

Covering the TE.
I
konw that the cover 2 is vulnerable to TE's, but something's gotta change.
I don't know whether that's on EJ not dropping fast enough, or the safeties not making reads right, but something has gotta change when we play another good TE.

A good game, we started out strong, Favre was effective in beating the blitz early, and we came out 10-0.
A good drive by the 9ers, and some terrible blocking on a field goal later its 14-13.
After that point, we never really seemed to get anything going.
playcalling (run one more time on first down, I dare you) lack of execution...
Fortunately we came back with a miracle play to win the game.

cogitans
09-27-2009, 04:48 PM
It's nice to see that we can bolster a 2-min comeback win now. I must admit that Ugly old jerk is making a difference in these clutch situation, even if he had lots of mistakes in the game with throws off target, spiced up by many dropped passes.

I feel that we got away from the run game way too soon. Without looking up the run/pass-ratio, I bet it were very pass heavy. And that's not only counting the finishing drive.

Our D gave up one drive, so I don't think we can be unhappy there. Another big game by Winfield. A nice pick by Griffin, and a FF by Allen on on of the first snaps.

ST were night and day. Who can bitch about a return TD, but may I please ask for some consistency in coverage.

digital420
09-27-2009, 04:49 PM
wow... all i can say is
wow

Defence stood tuff

Percy showed why he's def one of our best pics.. great KR TD

Farve,
that was just magic.. 1 min 36 sec.. great management.. made up for the 2 delay of games, and no throw sacks.

AP show'd he really can run all day

CT is such a good RB.. catch run does it all

BB needs to get in synch with farve

and welcome to the Vikes Greg!!!

ultravikingfan
"cogitans" wrote:

It's nice to see that we can bolster a 2-min comeback win now. I must admit that Ugly old jerk is making a difference in these clutch situation, even if he had lots of mistakes in the game with throws off target, spiced up by many dropped passes.

I feel that we got away from the run game way too soon. Without looking up the run/pass-ratio, I bet it were very pass heavy. And that's not only counting the finishing drive.

Our D gave up one drive, so I don't think we can be unhappy there. Another big game by Winfield. A nice pick by Griffin, and a FF by Allen on on of the first snaps.

ST were night and day. Who can bitch about a return TD, but may I please ask for some consistency in coverage.

Favre made a career of those type of comebacks.

Any Vikings Fan is well aware of that.

kevoncox
Great win.
Gameballs - Favre/Harvin & Kevin Williams

The Good - Great game winning drive. Hope this guy will play for us for 2 more years. KR was spectacular. Percy Harvin looks to be everything he was billed to be. Defensive front looked great.

The Bad - BB. I'm not sure if it's the injury or the rust, but he looks to be out of it. Hopefully he gets up to to speed quickly. We need him to be more like his old self. I counted 3 drops. Because of him Favre has an Int.

T. Johnson - He was completely overwhelmed. Lining up on the wrong side of the defense and going inside when he should be containing. He was caught up in the wash way too often and it is starting to become a habit. The kid is not ready. Davis(normally a bust) simply abused him down the sidelines time and time again.

Grades.

Favre - A- Great comeback but he was off early.
AD - C - A none factor. Appeared to be tip towing to often. Lower your shoulder and grab 3 .
Tahi - C - his ususal self.
OL - C - Had an up and down game. Looked great sometimes but improved towards the end. Favre made this jobs easier by removing the blitz with his passing.
TE - C - Couldn't move the the 9ers OLBs to give our backs more room.

DL - B - Nice pressure all game.
OlB - B - Solid blitzing, solid coverage. Noting to rave over
Cb - B - These guys played well. gave up a few plays, can't win them all.
Safeties - D - Not sure whose to blame all of the time but most of the time it appears that TJ should not be starting. I have mentioned how much he has gotten sucked into the middle of the field while the ball is bouncing outside. He is a liability in the run and the pass. Davis ate him for lunch. He needs more time.

i_bleed_purple
"cogitans" wrote:

46 pass attemts, 27 runs.
Pretty pass heavy, but I've seen worse.
Once we got into comeback mode, thats when the attempts really started to pile up.

ram29jackson
09-27-2009, 04:50 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"VikingMike" wrote:

What an arm!

it would have been a better day if Berrian can get his hands on the ball-

Caine
09-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Ugly win...but I'll take it.
Shows you can't look at anyones record from last season and just assume...

Defense - secondary needs to play better.
We've gotten real good at shutting down the run, but that passing game still hurts us way too much.
Love the intensity of the front 7, but there's some work to be done there.

Offense - Favre had some cruddy throws...and one real hum-dinger of a nice one.
Berrian had a few drops, hopefully he gets sorted out soon.
Was nice to see a team that slowed down Peterson finally pay through the air for it.
And the O-line..... they have a lot of work remaining.
Favre spent way too much time on his tail.

Honestly, we won a tough game...one I didn't expect to be so tough.
I expect next weeks game to be tough.
And if we're going to win, we have some areas that need to get corrected.

Caine

Bkfldviking
09-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Finally calmed down enough to type.
Yelled my self hoarse, haven't seen the cat since the first quarter, but at least my house is insulated enough that the neighbors didn't call the cops.
FANTASTIC!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

i_bleed_purple
09-27-2009, 04:52 PM
"ram29jackson" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"VikingMike" wrote:

What an arm!

it would have been a better day if Berrian can get his hands on the ball-

he did, it would have been a better day if Berrian could learn to catch.

petev_sj
09-27-2009, 04:52 PM
OH....OH....OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If
you guys herd that in Minnesota. That was me yelling all the way from San Jose.....

YEAH BABY....FAVRE IS GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oaklandzoo24
09-27-2009, 04:53 PM
That final play was more beautiful than Megan Fox nude.

Braddock
If there was a schism in the locker room, it's gone now. the fane base is united. Vikings with Favre are going to be great. SKOL Vikes!!!

realviking
No doubt BF made a great play, but let's not forget about Lewis for:

1) going up to get the ball
2) hanging on to the ball
3) having the field awareness and presence of mind to keep both feet in bounds

i_bleed_purple
"oaklandzoo24" wrote:

whoa... lets not say things we can't take back.

ultravikingfan
09-27-2009, 04:54 PM
"oaklandzoo24" wrote:

It was wwwaaaayyyyy more beautiful than Ned's ass too!

cogitans
09-27-2009, 04:56 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

Exactly. Just like I said. You feel better with him in those clutch situations

Dekay
09-27-2009, 04:56 PM
"oaklandzoo24" wrote:

If you put it in that perspective ill have to go with Megan Fox. Sorry ;)

oaklandzoo24
09-27-2009, 04:57 PM
I'd also like to thank the Niners for making this moment possible.
You guys played a hell of a game but we just had one thing you didnt...BRETT FAVRE>

HEY
09-27-2009, 04:59 PM
In case anyone missed the miracle play... or just want to see it over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... again
:)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d812f33ea/WK-3-Can-t-Miss-Play-Favre-s-game-winner

I could watch that play all night. Best comeback I've seen in recent years. SKOL VIKINGS!!!

oaklandzoo24
09-27-2009, 05:06 PM
"HEY" wrote:

In case anyone missed the miracle play... or just want to see it over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... and over... again

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d812f33ea/WK-3-Can-t-Miss-Play-Favre-s-game-winner

I could watch that play all night. Best comeback I've seen in recent years. SKOL VIKINGS!!!

What was even more amazing was that this was not just a miracle play...it was a miracle drive.

Jilly
Has anyone's adrenaline level gone down?? Damn, I'm still pumped!! What a game ender.

i_bleed_purple
"VikingMD" wrote:

Has anyone's adrenaline level gone down?? Damn, I'm still pumped!! What a game ender.

Mines down, but its still very high, it was approaching dangerously extreme at the time :D

virginiaisforvikinglovers
09-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Massive Props to LEWIS, that was a spectacular catch and to keep his feet in Bounds... Unbelievable!!!

HEY
09-27-2009, 05:13 PM
All congrats to Brett Favre for his 300 yards performance tonight. Favre would have had 400 yards if the receivers and tight ends would catch the ball and run their routes like they should. Sidney did good though.
I think I'm officially jumping on the Favre bandwagon today.

Vikestand
09-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Oh man, i'm in shock...

pack93z
09-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Congrats on the exciting win.. hell of a drive at the end of the game.. Greg Lewis's awareness of the field was awesome and not much to say about the throw than 'money'..

Hell of a game on both sides of the field.. flipping back and forth between the Jets/Titans, Packers/Rams and this game.. 49ers are for real.. grudgingly I have to say that same of the Vikes. ;)

Mr-holland
09-27-2009, 05:27 PM
I didn't think to highly of the Niners, 0/10 on 3rd down conversions??
But still they scored 24 points.. Hmm

In a year i could really see them doing good in the Playoffs, they could make it even this year

Mr Anderson
09-27-2009, 05:28 PM
DAMN!

Overlord
09-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Holy shit.

lakehubertviking
09-27-2009, 05:33 PM
"petev_sj" wrote:

OH....OH....OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If
you guys herd that in Minnesota. That was me yelling all the way from San Jose.....

YEAH BABY....FAVRE IS GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"He bobbled it, they'll review it and call it no catch.
At least we have a couple seconds left."

If you heard that it was me mumbling in Antioch (CA) while watching the game with the in-law 49er fans.
I'm so beat down by MN clutch failures that I didn't get to enjoy the moment fully (also because I didn't want to be too in-your-face to the 9er fans).

I think I'll get so drunk tonight that I forget what happened with the game then watch it on DVR tomorrow and be totally shocked so I can get full satisfaction.

cogitans
09-27-2009, 05:42 PM
"Mr-holland" wrote:

I didn't think to highly of the Niners, 0/10 on 3rd down conversions??
But still they scored 24 points.. Hmm

In a year i could really see them doing good in the Playoffs, they could make it even this year
In that division, and with them already having beat their worst adversaries in the Cards and the Hawks they must be considered a candidate by know, even after today.

skum
09-27-2009, 05:48 PM
That catch was amazing, everyone is praising Favre, but that was all Lewis right there.. How could he get both feet down - that was amazing.

Brett threw 46 times today and was on the ground a lot, if he is to hold up for 19 games we gotta protect better.

And how sick is Farwell when teams gameplans against him, he was doubled teamed on their returns.. amazing!

KrackerJack
09-27-2009, 05:53 PM
"skum" wrote:

That catch was amazing, everyone is praising Favre, but that was all Lewis right there.. How could he get both feet down - that was amazing.

Brett threw 46 times today and was on the ground a lot, if he is to hold up for 19 games we gotta protect better.

And how sick is Farwell when teams gameplans against him, he was doubled teamed on their returns.. amazing!

It was a great catch by Lewis, no doubt about it, however don't take anything away from Favre either. That play doesn't happen without him.
To say it was ALL Lewis isn't true, imo.

whackthepack
09-27-2009, 05:58 PM
I loved it!

I said in a post during the preseason after Favre lead us on a 2 minute drill before half time that we a had a QB that knows what to do and damn that was impressive!

This game never should have been that close, way to many dropped balls including Jimmy Kleinsdropper (put him in the backfield in Tahi's place so Favre doesn't get killed) don't throw to him.

The blocked field goal for a TD
-
should have been leading by 9 at the half instead of losing by 1.

EJ stops their drive with an INT and call a delay of game call then they should have blown the fing whistle but they didn't.

Again to damn many dropped balls that should have been for 1st downs and big gains.

San Fran is a good team and I really like their D but we are a better team and we should have won going away.

This is the kind of game we would have lost the last 8 or 9 years but it's damn nice to see us pull out a game this way.

MaxVike
09-27-2009, 05:58 PM
That win was huge.
Not only are we 3-0, but, the way we won that game breeds confidence.
I must say that it will also humble us as a Team.
I think it is undeniable that Singletary has made an indelible mark on the psyche of that Team.
Favre just counter punched...and taught the young guys not to ever give up.
Not that they needed to be taught, but, I just think the guys are all going to be impacted by Singletatary's approach and Favre's intestinal fortitude.
What a helluva, helluva win!
I'm still fired up!!!!

Gameballs - Favre/Harvin & Kevin Williams (gotta agree with you there Kevon)

The Good:
THE Drive.
Great game winning drive.
Percy...he's just gonna get better and better; and he's already really good...the sky is the limit.
Lightning quick, blazing speed, and, kid can catch the ball.
Kevin Williams and Jared Allen were beasts today.

The Bad:
Berrian - Not overly concerned yet.
Favre needs him, he knows it, and he will continue to go to him.
He will turn it around, but, today was bad.BB.
Safeties:
guys, they have one decent receiver, he runs one route...HANDLE IT!!!
OL:
sorry, our QB just gets hit wahay too much...
TE:
got three of you, you all sucked today IMO.
I had to cancel my trip and couldn't tailgate with PP.O and had to leave two seats in Section 113 Row 12 open
>:(

Grades.

Favre:
A, Good decisions all game.
Taking a sack when there was no way out.
Forced a couple, but, after that DRIVE, there is no other Grade.
AD:
C+,
They were not going to be let AD beat them.
He, for the most part, got what he could.
CT:
B-, He just seems to understand where to be.
Missed a block that got Favre blown up though.
Tahi:
D, is it me, I never see him making a difference on ANY play.
Could be an "F" but I guess I don't focus on him much.
OL:
C-, Favre continues to get pounded.
Nothing for the running game.
Hopefully Sullivan and Loadholt are improving.
TE:
Dugan and Kleinny were ineffective blocking.
Shiancoe had no impact (see Vernon Davis).
These guys need to be more productive against a 3-4.

DL:
A-, lots of pressure, 0-10 on 3rd down conversions at one point...that's solid.
LB:
B, they seemed to be meeting at the ballcarrier alot...
CB:
B, solid run support, a few passes defensed.
Safeties:
D-, only because they made a few tackles

Freakout
09-27-2009, 06:00 PM
I just gotta say, Favre and Lewis are getting most of the props as they should but Percy Harvin is a stud.
That kick off return for a TD was the exact reason I wanted to draft him.

Garland Greene
09-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Just got back all I can say is WOW. What I didn't get is all of the people leaving after we failed to convert the 4th down. Seriously? We have 3 TO's and as long as they don't get a first down we get the ball back! mre thoughts later.

whackthepack
09-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Any word on Darius Reynaud
-
looked like he grabbed his hammy but haven't heard anything about it.

skum
09-27-2009, 06:06 PM
"Garland" wrote:

Just got back all I can say is WOW. What I didn't get is all of the people leaving after we failed to convert the 4th down. Seriously? We have 3 TO's and as long as they don't get a first down we get the ball back! mre thoughts later.

i have never left a sporting event early, you never know whats going to happen - but i guess those guys learned a lesson today.

realviking
09-27-2009, 06:07 PM
"Freakout" wrote:

I just gotta say, Favre and Lewis are getting most of the props as they should but Percy Harvin is a stud.
That kick off return for a TD was the exact reason I wanted to draft him.

Is it too soon to say that Harvin is the steal of the draft?

whackthepack
09-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Any word on Darius Reynaud
-
looked like he grabbed his hammy but haven't heard anything about it.

erik5032
09-27-2009, 06:13 PM
I had to DVR the game and i was so depressed. Then that happened... I started to cry, scream and hug my brother as we fell to the ground... OMG it was amazing by both Lewis and Favre!

tke0933
09-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Exciting game.
Favre did what we brought him here for,
down and little time left, and he leads us to a victory.
49ers played a tough game.

3-0 atop the NFC North!

CCthebest
09-27-2009, 06:19 PM
That would have sucked to leave the game early.

happy camper
09-27-2009, 06:20 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:

Anyone who left that game early doesn't deserve to enjoy that moment of victory.

jkjuggalo
09-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Gameball obviously goes to Favre.
What a finish.
Nobody can question his desire to win.

I would have liked it if we had kept it up with Peterson a little more.
They were doing a good job of bottling him up, but he is liable to break one at any moment.

BB needs to be hypnotized or something, because he seemed to be mentally out of the game for the most part.

The Oline did a better job of pass blocking, but still blew it a couple of times.
Still want to see them improve their all around performance so Favre doesn't get killed back there.

Secondary need to work on closing those seam routes.
Davis and Hill killed us in the second half.

Reffing was questionable at times, but at least they didn't blow the call at the end giving us the game-winning TD. :D

Harvin is an awesome weapon.
Can't wait to see him in a few years when he is closer to his ceiling.

Great game to watch.
Can't wait until next Monday!

Jimmymeboy
09-27-2009, 06:28 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

[/quote]

It sure was sweet to have Favre do that FOR us instead of TO us!
:D

jkjuggalo
09-27-2009, 06:33 PM
"happy" wrote:

"CCthebest" wrote:

Anyone who left that game early doesn't deserve to enjoy that moment of victory.

+1
Epic fail.

petev_sj
09-27-2009, 06:36 PM
"happy" wrote:

"CCthebest" wrote:

Anyone who left that game early doesn't deserve to enjoy that moment off victory.

*Ahem* "Fans" like that are a cancer, please do us a favor and jump off this bandwagon.

NordicNed
09-27-2009, 06:40 PM
"jkjuggalo" wrote:

What a finish.

They were doing a good job of bottling him up, but he is liable to break one at any moment.

BB needs to be hypnotized or something, because he seemed to be mentally out of the game for the most part.

The Oline did a better job of pass blocking, but still blew it a couple of times.
Still want to see them improve their all around performance so Favre doesn't get killed back there.

Reffing was questionable at times, but at least they didn't blow the call at the end giving us the game-winning TD. :D

Great game to watch.

I believe our O line blocked rather well on pass plays, when there was no blitz that is. We struggle with the blitz on passing plays still.
But Favre did good handling the blitz himself, finding the open recievers and getting the ball out quickly.

Agree about BB,
and it's a disgrace that because of BB's bad hands day, that he was the root cause to Brett's one and only INT to date, that one is totaly on BB and I still see Brett as having O Int's in my mind.
Thats something Brett has never done in his whole NFL career, start the season's first 3 games with no INT's, Thanks BB... >:(

Another thing I don't see getting any praise.....THANK YOU Deffense, for holding the 49er's to 3 and out on that last drive they didn't have..LOL
9er's got the ball with 1:47 on the clock I believe, and we got the ball back with still 1:39,
thats less than a 10 sec turn around.....SWEET !

happy camper
09-27-2009, 06:41 PM
"petev_sj" wrote:

"happy" wrote:

"CCthebest" wrote:

Anyone who left that game early doesn't deserve to enjoy that moment off victory.

*Ahem* "Fans" like that are a cancer, please do us a favor and jump off this bandwagon.

I'm not a holier than thou fan who thinks other fans must always attend the game and never boo. I believe fans have the right to not attend a game or to boo in the event that the team is not living up to expectations. But one thing I cannot stand is when people leave when its still a game. The best moments in sports come from the least likely moments to occur.

jkjuggalo
09-27-2009, 06:45 PM
"NordicNed" wrote:

"jkjuggalo" wrote:

What a finish.

Great game to watch.

I believe our O line blocked rather well on pass plays, when there was no blitz that is. We struggle with the blitz on passing plays still.
But Favre did good handling the blitz himself, finding the open recievers and getting the ball out quickly.

Agree about BB,
and it's a disgrace that because of BB's bad hands day, that he was the root cause to Brett's one and only INT to date, that one is totaly on BB and I still see Brett as having O Int's in my mind.
Thats something Brett has never done in his whole NFL career, start the season's first 3 games with no INT's, Thanks BB... >:(

Another thing I don't see getting any praise.....THANK YOU Deffense, for holding the 49er's to 3 and out on that last drive they didn't have..LOL

9er's got the ball with 1:47 on the clock I believe, and we got the ball back with still 1:39,

The defense played awesome with the exception of the one second half drive where Davis and Hill tore us up.
Holding a team to 0 3rd down conversions is obviously quite an accomplishment.

I wasn't really worried about them getting a first on us that last "drive" because they were almost guaranteed to run it, and we were almost guaranteed to sell out on the run.
They did what they were supposed to do, and I am grateful.

kspurplepride
09-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Berrian and Favre seemed off. The offensive lined played a lot better, only giving up one sack to a fairly decent pass rush. Whoever it was that said AD's 4.5 ypc was a non factor needs to have his head readjusted. Overall the offense played decent, but the passes and the catching need to be better.

As far as the defense goes, out dline still looks a step slow on the pass rush, especially coming off the left left side there. Hopefully we can take advantage of some bad tackles next week and get a few more hits on the QB. Our mediocre pass rush left our dbacks exposed a little bit, and Hill hit the seem repeatedly. No way to stop that without cheating a safety over, or pulling EJ out of the box. I thought Johnson played well in the secondary. Someone noted he was out of position on a few plays, but from watching the last three games I think he's been brought in as an upgrade when we bring the safety in the box. He had a couple nice hits on the run.

Special teams looked a lot better. Except whoever was playing left guard on the field goal block... he needs to be taken out back and allowed to have EJ and Winny beat on him for an hour.

ultravikingfan
09-27-2009, 06:48 PM
"erik5032" wrote:

I had to DVR the game and i was so depressed. Then that happened... I started to cry, scream and hug my brother as we fell to the ground... OMG it was amazing by both Lewis and Favre!

:o

jkjuggalo
09-27-2009, 06:50 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"erik5032" wrote:

I wasn't going to say anything.

Must be a Canadian thing.

NordicNed
09-27-2009, 06:55 PM
"kspurplepride" wrote:

Berrian and Favre seemed off. The offensive lined played a lot better, only giving up one sack to a fairly decent pass rush. Whoever it was that said AD's 4.5 ypc was a non factor needs to have his head readjusted. Overall the offense played decent, but the passes and the catching need to be better.

As far as the defense goes, out dline still looks a step slow on the pass rush, especially coming off the left left side there. Hopefully we can take advantage of some bad tackles next week and get a few more hits on the QB. Our mediocre pass rush left our dbacks exposed a little bit, and Hill hit the seem repeatedly. No way to stop that without cheating a safety over, or pulling EJ out of the box. I thought Johnson played well in the secondary. Someone noted he was out of position on a few plays, but from watching the last three games I think he's been brought in as an upgrade when we bring the safety in the box. He had a couple nice hits on the run.

Special teams looked a lot better. Except whoever was playing left guard on the field goal block... he needs to be taken out back and allowed to have EJ and Winny beat on him for an hour.

LMAO,
Well it's going to take the both of them to give that beat down.
If my eyes where serving me correctly, it was Loadholt, playing in a new position for him.
I swear it was Loadholt, playing LG , for the field goal attempt that got blocked..... :o

NeoVikesTX
09-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Awesome, just awesome is all I have to say!

And who is this Greg Lewis guy and why did Childress pick him up again?
:P

http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/34de1422-4c18-472c-b68a-ec654c85b2da.jpg

VikingMike
09-27-2009, 07:02 PM
"NordicNed" wrote:

"jkjuggalo" wrote:

What a finish.

Great game to watch.

Agree about BB,

Yup, D came up big in that situation...can't believe so many people left. We still had 3 TO's and the D stood strong. Beautiful ending to a great comeback.

NordicNed
09-27-2009, 07:15 PM
"VikingMike" wrote:

"NordicNed" wrote:

"jkjuggalo" wrote:

What a finish.

Great game to watch.

Agree about BB,

Yup, D came up big in that situation...can't believe so many people left. We still had 3 TO's and the D stood strong. Beautiful ending to a great comeback.

It sure was Mike, sure was !
;D

hx38596
09-27-2009, 07:54 PM
Awesome game of course.

Thank You Chiller for not wasting timeouts like you usually do.
Without all 3 of them, the game would be lost.

halfgiz
09-27-2009, 08:17 PM
The game was well played, But the winning catch was a lot of luck.
Some games you get lucky and you have to take it.
;D
3 -0
Baby

Next game AP is going to have to pick up some slack to give the old fellows arm a rest.
It will hopefully help they have an extra day this week.

ejmat
09-27-2009, 08:24 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Over!

The Line needs to do a better job pass blocking...damn!

Hats off:
AD
CT
Rice
Chiller
Defense
Ced
Chad
JA
KW
Reynard
Kluwe
EJ
Harvin
Lewis

Thumbs Down:
O-line
Loadholt
ST's
Berrian!!
Dropped pass and a Pick.
Secondary
Penalties
The asses in chat that can only say 'Favre Sucks'

Hopefully all this silly pissy shit about Favre can end.

Amen Ultra.
Berrian dropped about 3 passes I think.
Shank dropped one and so did Harvin.
Favre did look off sync on a few throws but still did a great job.
Favre carried the team today.

Props to Greg Lewis.
The guy doesn't get a throw all year and makes the play of a lifetime.
What a catch.

Favre did very well in the first half of reading the blitz and because of that the defense stopped blitzing.
The OL really needs to step up.
For those of you that scream at Chilly for not trying to kick FGs at the end of halves you can now stop.
Longwell, as much as I like him needs to learn to get the ball up in he freaking air.
That is how games get changed.
Case in point!

thorshammer
09-27-2009, 08:28 PM
What this game showed me. If we can get this o'line to gel and give Favre some time to survey the field and AD some holes we have no limit to what we can do. This game should not have been this close that blocked field goal is inexcusable. A couple of tweaks and we could be the real deal this yr.

Dibbzz
09-27-2009, 08:32 PM
"Garland" wrote:

My friend that I went to the game with asked me if you wanna stay and hold it out or get an early head start. Of course I told him we're staying. You ride with the team and you die with the team. It pisses me off when people do that (even in a blowout). We were well rewarded for sticking with and rooting for our Vikings. Man, even with the people that left gone the ones that stayed made it loud enough to get your adrenaline pumped! Hopefully nobody on here left early ( >:( if you did)! What a game, what a HELL of a game!

Purple Floyd
09-27-2009, 08:36 PM
"NordicNed" wrote:

"kspurplepride" wrote:

LMAO,
If my eyes where serving me correctly, it was Loadholt, playing in a new position for him.
I swear it was Loadholt, playing LG , for the field goal attempt that got blocked..... :o

It was Loadholt. And McKinnie was playing RG. I had to rewind that one to believe it.

VikingLance
09-27-2009, 08:39 PM
What a great game.
Definitely dominated by both defenses. The blocked kick turned the tide at the half.
It is a good thing that it was at the end of the first half.
The 9'ers would've been on a roll. Favre proved he could throw the ball (like we didn't already know) and he won the game for us.
Great Drive.
Great Catch.
Great Game.
Instant Classic.

Props to the 49'ers defense.
They played a hell of a game.
I believe we will see them again in '10.
This was the amazing ending that always happened for the team the Vikings were playing against.
This time, it was in our favor.
Yes, we have some things to work on for next Monday, but I (we) will enjoy this victory.!!!!

Skol Vikings!!!!!

Vikes
09-27-2009, 08:39 PM
Amazing game...

It is so nice to be on the winning end of a last minute throw.

Hats off nice team effort.

Thank You!

oaklandzoo24
09-27-2009, 08:51 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"NordicNed" wrote:

"kspurplepride" wrote:

LMAO,

It was Loadholt. And McKinnie was playing RG. I had to rewind that one to believe it.

Yea but he did pick up one guy.
I need to look at it more but loadholt was trying to pick up 2 defenders and the one guy slipped through.
I think he is improving though.

shockzilla
09-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Boy, Niner fans are taking this one pretty hard. Interesting comments about the refs, Favre, their play calling, etc.

Niners Nation (http://www.ninersnation.com/2009/9/27/1057250/vikings-27-49ers-24-i-hate-brett)

ultravikingfan
09-27-2009, 08:57 PM
"shockzilla" wrote:

Boy, Niner fans are taking this one pretty hard. Interesting comments about the refs, Favre, their play calling, etc.

I went to their site.

I thought we were bad after a loss.
Wow!
The mods over there probably jumped off a cliff.

oaklandzoo24
09-27-2009, 09:30 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"shockzilla" wrote:

I went to their site.

I thought we were bad after a loss.
Wow!
The mods over there probably jumped off a cliff.

Lots of excuses made over there.
Bunch of sore losers, but that one guy on here isnt that bad at all.
Really respectable dude.
Speaks well for the other niners fans.

gregair13
09-27-2009, 09:32 PM
BB was horrible today, but he did make a catch on the final drive. But the drops have to stop. He just didn't have it today.

The defense was sick and that game should have been put away early. The score was only close because of the stupid blocked kick. But we scored on special teams as well, so it kind of balances out. Longwell was banging that ball today. He could have hit from 60 I bet.
Harvin's return was sick.

60niners
09-27-2009, 09:35 PM
I haven't been to the 49er board because it'll be flooded with 20 threads that say the same thing, but I gotta say, we left a lot on the field today.
It was a great game to watch tho, just wish we could have been on the other end of it!

The two things that really stand out to me are the 3 and out play-calling at the end of the 4th... A first down wins the game.
Also the fact that we left 3 interceptions on the field; 3 separate times a Niner DB had the ball in his hands and dropped it.
Oh well, that's why they play the game huh lol.

This game solidified what I knew as a fan and I hope the coaching has figured it out as well... Our offense needs some serious help.
Hats off gents, the Vikings out-played us today!

ejmat
09-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Honestly we would be pretty pissed too and wouldn't want any of their fans here rubbing things in.
That was a heartbreaking loss for them.
Remember how we felt last year against the Colts?
That is probably pretty close to what they are feeling now.

I am not sure what their complaint is about the refs though.
It is true they were terrible but they were terrible on both sides.
We got away with a couple just as they did.
As if that personal foul against EJ was truly a penalty.

Garland Greene
09-27-2009, 09:46 PM
OK something totally different but did anybody catch the half time show? Usually half time shows are pretty non spectacular but this one was really cool. It was teh USMC silent drill team.

marshallvike
09-27-2009, 10:03 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

Honestly we would be pretty pissed too and wouldn't want any of their fans here rubbing things in.

I thought the same thing when I was reading their site ej. They were given a touchdown in the first half and the penalty on Hendo was rediculous. I thought we were getting the shaft.

gregair13
09-27-2009, 10:07 PM
The refs as a whole made some weird and random calls. How can the defense get delay of game?

ejmat
09-27-2009, 10:09 PM
"marshallvike" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

I thought the same thing when I was reading their site ej. They were given a touchdown in the first half and the penalty on Hendo was rediculous. I thought we were getting the shaft.

It was bad on both sides though.
We got away with a couple too but IMO it evened itself out.
It is still aggravating.

i_bleed_purple
09-27-2009, 10:14 PM
"gregair13" wrote:

The refs as a whole made some weird and random calls. How can the defense get delay of game?

you can get a delay of game call if you spike the ball, kick it out of the way, hold a player to the ground and not let him up, or anything else that disrupts the flow of the game.

ThorSPL
09-27-2009, 10:19 PM
What we saw this afternoon is the reason I hated that man for 17 years.

ejmat
09-27-2009, 10:21 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"gregair13" wrote:

you can get a delay of game call if you spike the ball, kick it out of the way, hold a player to the ground and not let him up, or anything else that disrupts the flow of the game.

Yes but nothing was done.
Maybe Griff was shouting out cadence or something but that's part of the game.
That was one of the stupidest calls I've ever seen.

ejmat
09-27-2009, 10:21 PM
"ThorSPL" wrote:

What we saw this afternoon is the reason I hated that man for 17 years.

You got that right and it's the reason why I'm glad he's a Viking now.

Euphman06
09-27-2009, 10:28 PM
I still cringe with Favre memories of the bad kind... and I still don't prefer him to be on the team, but in reality he is our best choice and I'm beginning to be impressed. I just wish it was TJack who could throw like him.

i_bleed_purple
09-27-2009, 10:35 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"gregair13" wrote:

Yes but nothing was done.
Maybe Griff was shouting out cadence or something but that's part of the game.
That was one of the stupidest calls I've ever seen.

I actually missed that play.
There must have been something, because that penalty rarely gets called.

PurplePeopleEaters69
09-27-2009, 10:38 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"gregair13" wrote:

I still don't understand that call.
It was bullshit.
They showed the replay and nobody on our defense even moved or did anything that would have warranted that penalty call.

bbymkr
09-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Great ending to the game! Seriously thought we had lost this one..But kept in mind what I've seen Farve do in past games while he was with Green Bay. Haven't jumped up and down like that after a Viking play in quite some time!
;D

grpape
09-27-2009, 11:01 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Over!

The Line needs to do a better job pass blocking...gol 'darnit!

Hats off:
AD
CT
Rice
Chiller
Defense
Ced
Chad
JA
KW
Reynard
Kluwe
EJ
Harvin
Lewis

Thumbs Down:
O-line
Loadholt
ST's
Berrian!!
Dropped pass and a Pick.
Secondary
Penalties
The dimply buttocks in chat that can only say 'Favre Sucks'

Hopefully all this silly pissy pooh about Favre can end.

Amen Ultra.

Props to Greg Lewis.
What a catch.

Favre did very well in the first half of reading the blitz and because of that the defense stopped blitzing.
For those of you that scream at Chilly for not trying to kick FGs at the end of halves you can now stop.
Longwell, as much as I like him needs to learn to get the ball up in he freaking air.
Case in point!

Dude, there was no way in Hell Longwell was going to get that FG off! The lineman came right up the middle untouched. Hutch said it was his fault. No beatings gonna happen there. ;D

i_bleed_purple
09-27-2009, 11:04 PM
"grpape" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Over!

Hats off:
AD
CT
Rice
Chiller
Defense
Ced
Chad
JA
KW
Reynard
Kluwe
EJ
Harvin
Lewis

Thumbs Down:
O-line
Loadholt
ST's
Berrian!!
Dropped pass and a Pick.
Secondary
Penalties

Amen Ultra.

Props to Greg Lewis.
What a catch.

Case in point!

Dude, there was no way in Hell Longwell was going to get that FG off! The lineman came right up the middle untouched. Hutch said it was his fault. No beatings gonna happen there. ;D

lol, can't pin that on Longwell whatsoever.

No possible way anyone could get that kick off... They should work with Kluwe and Longwell to just pull back the ball and sit on it if its obviously getting blocked (like this kick was)

Barack Obama
09-27-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm so glad Jackson didn't start today.

grpape
09-27-2009, 11:07 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"grpape" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Over!

Hats off:
AD
CT
Rice
Chiller
Defense
Ced
Chad
JA
KW
Reynard
Kluwe
EJ
Harvin
Lewis

Thumbs Down:
O-line
Loadholt
ST's
Berrian!!
Dropped pass and a Pick.
Secondary
Penalties

Amen Ultra.

Props to Greg Lewis.
What a catch.

Case in point!

No possible way anyone could get that kick off... They should work with Kluwe and Longwell to just pull back the ball and sit on it if its obviously getting blocked (like this kick was)

Forget pulling it down or anything like that. I can just see Yeppo (whoever that guy was for the dolphins) thing happening to Kluwe. Just eat the ball and give the ball to the other team. Especially with no time remaining.

i_bleed_purple
09-27-2009, 11:11 PM
"grpape" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"grpape" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Over!

Hats off:
AD
CT
Rice
Chiller
Defense
Ced
Chad
JA
KW
Reynard
Kluwe
EJ
Harvin
Lewis

Thumbs Down:
O-line
Loadholt
ST's
Berrian!!
Dropped pass and a Pick.
Secondary
Penalties

Amen Ultra.

Props to Greg Lewis.
What a catch.

Case in point!

Forget pulling it down or anything like that. I can just see Yeppo (whoever that guy was for the dolphins) thing happening to Kluwe. Just eat the ball and give the ball to the other team. Especially with no time remaining.

thats what I meant.
Tuck the ball in your stomach and go to the ground.
Do that and we go into halftime without giving up a TD.

Elam529
09-27-2009, 11:27 PM
Favre sucks. Around 50% completion. We would have scored 40 if TJack would have been playing.

Great game though, this is the best Vikes team since 98

i_bleed_purple
09-27-2009, 11:30 PM
"Elam529" wrote:

Favre sucks. Around 50% completion. We would have scored 40 if TJack would have been playing.

Lol....

Redmption
09-27-2009, 11:32 PM
Thrilled about the win, but it appeared to me Chilly was too swayed by the media/fans asking for the pass. This team has the best RB in the league and Peterson barely sees the ball in the 1st half, and just as bad in the 2nd. Only 19 carries...Farve throwing almost 50 times?? Freaking ridiculos

C Mac D
09-27-2009, 11:33 PM
Great game. For the third week in a row, I've loved watching our team... forgot what it was like. It's more entertaining that it's been in a long time. No one should be complaining about anything, with exception of maybe the O-Line.

Welcome to the Vikings Favre and Lewis.

i_bleed_purple
09-27-2009, 11:41 PM
"Redmption" wrote:

Thrilled about the win, but it appeared to me Chilly was too swayed by the media/fans asking for the pass. This team has the best RB in the league and Peterson barely sees the ball in the 1st half, and just as bad in the 2nd. Only 19 carries...Farve throwing almost 50 times?? Freaking ridiculos

you realize the game situations will dictate how we play?
We weren't getting a whole lot on the ground, the 9ers did a good job of holding Peterson in check (relatively speaking) Taylor couldn't manage much better.
Had we not been down in the 4th quarter, you can probably take at least about 12 attempts off that number from favre and add some runs.

ultravikingfan
09-27-2009, 11:42 PM
"C" wrote:

Great game. For the third week in a row, I've loved watching our team... forgot what it was like. It's more entertaining that it's been in a long time. No one should be complaining about anything, with exception of maybe the O-Line.

Welcome to the Vikings Favre and Lewis.

Huge +1 bro!

Love the optimism from the '08 Fire Chilly guy!

Yes, it was fun to watch.
Being down with seconds to go only to have to big play go our way!

whackthepack
09-28-2009, 12:03 AM
"Elam529" wrote:

I have to ask sarcasm or are you serious?

RK.
09-28-2009, 12:13 AM
Once again I found myself at the sports bar in Pojoaque NM.
This time surrounded by 49er fans, a sea of red.
I was the only Viking fan there.
This one guy had a little bell he kept ringing every time they did something good.
It was really irritating.
I was taking a fair amount of crap when they went ahead 24-20.
Then the final minute and a half it grew quieter and quieter.
When the final pass came there was silence.
I stood up turned around and said "And that's why we signed him for two years for 25 million", turned around and walked out.
As I left a table full of Steelers fans applauded.
Classy guys.
I can't tell you how good it felt.
;D ;D
I think we can all say that Favre has proved himself a Viking today.
;D

And BTW our D with the final 3 and out
taking only 25 seconds off the clock from 1:58 to 1:33 was nothing short of awesome.
That's 8 seconds per play.
Just wow.
;D

Sajid28
09-28-2009, 12:33 AM
49ers message board comments, lol

I want punch Brett Favre's teeth down his ugly neck.

Worse than the loss is the Favre slurpage by ESPN that's bound to occur.

What was up with running up the middle? I mean, what the hell! They have two of the best DTs in the the freaking league. And then there's the 0-11 on Third down? Bull****.

Right about now I wish Brett Favre would leave and never come back.

I feel like I just got dumped.

duvaldomo
09-28-2009, 12:38 AM
"Sajid28" wrote:

49ers message board comments, lol

I want punch Brett Favre's teeth down his ugly neck.

Worse than the loss is the Favre slurpage by ESPN that's bound to occur.

What was up with running up the middle? I mean, what the hell! They have two of the best DTs in the the freaking league. And then there's the 0-11 on Third down? Bull****.

Right about now I wish Brett Favre would leave and never come back.

I feel like I just got dumped.

Lmao too funny

Ranger
09-28-2009, 06:16 AM
"erik5032" wrote:

...srsly?

Ranger
09-28-2009, 06:18 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"erik5032" wrote:

I cannot stop laughing.

singersp
09-28-2009, 06:47 AM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

We finally had a game where we couldn't just give it to peterson, and this is what we get!!!!

3-0 baby!

Apparently you are forgetting what most of us said about Favre. We said that he would win games up front early in the season, but would run out of gas & play poorer at the end of the season down the stretch when it mattered most. We are only 3 games into the season so far.

Kudos to Favre. That was a brilliant & well executed play by Favre & co. on that last drive. It was classic Favre, we won the game & I was ecstatic, but other than that drive Favre did not have a great game at all like many here are leading people to believe. 301 yards is great, but when you throw the ball 46 times, you should get high yardage. 80 of those yards came on that last drive alone. Lets not forget that Favre completed only just over 50% of his passes (24-46).

Lets not also forget that it was also a great catch by Lewis or the fact that Harvin's 101 yard KO return put us back in the game. Kudos to them as well.

singersp
09-28-2009, 06:53 AM
I wonder how Marstc (and several other fans) felt after leaving the stadium right after the Vikings punted the ball, thinking we had lost the game, only to find out later at some point that we won.
:D

To bad he (they) missed it all. It was a great finish.

Zeus
09-28-2009, 07:02 AM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

btw, favre did have one interception, but that was due to Berrian tipping up the pass.

Should have had at least 3 more that were dropped by Niners defenders.
Just being honest here.

=Z=

Zeus
09-28-2009, 07:05 AM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

What needs work:
Childress - Playcalling.
Why the hell do you run a draw on 3rd and 23?
They're good for maybe 3rd and 8 or 10 to catch the D off guard, but they'll key in before the back can run 23 yards.

Childress.
Doesn't.
Call.
The.
Plays.

=Z=

ConnecticutViking
09-28-2009, 07:07 AM
"RK." wrote:

This one guy had a little bell he kept ringing every time they did something good.

I stood up turned around and said "And that's why we signed him for two years for 25 million", turned around and walked out.
Classy guys.

;D ;D

;D

taking only 25 seconds off the clock from 1:58 to 1:33 was nothing short of awesome.
Just wow.

;D

Great story!
I live in Connecticut and I constantly have to hear about the Patriots, Giants, and now the Jets.
It feels good to be 3-0!

ConnecticutViking
09-28-2009, 07:11 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

3-0 baby!

Apparently you are forgetting what most of us said about Favre. We said that he would win games up front early in the season, but would run out of gas & play poorer at the end of the season down the stretch when it mattered most. We are only 3 games into the season so far.

Kudos to Favre. That was a brilliant & well executed play by Favre & co. on that last drive. It was classic Favre, we won the game & I was ecstatic, but other than that drive Favre did not have a great game at all like many here are leading people to believe. 301 yards is great, but when you throw the ball 46 times, you should get high yardage. 80 of those yards came on that last drive alone. Lets not forget that Favre completed only just over 50% of his passes (24-46).

Lets not also forget that it was also a great catch by Lewis or the fact that Harvin's 101 yard KO return put us back in the game. Kudos to them as well.

Lets end the
anti-Favre talk.
T-Jack can't even carry Favre's jock.

Zeus
09-28-2009, 07:13 AM
"Garland" wrote:

OK something totally different but did anybody catch the half time show? Usually half time shows are pretty non spectacular but this one was really cool. It was teh USMC silent drill team.

Yeah - those guys are bad ass.

=Z=

Zeus
09-28-2009, 07:14 AM
"gregair13" wrote:

Touching the ball prior to the snap.

=Z=

Zeus
09-28-2009, 07:16 AM
"Redmption" wrote:

My honest opinion is that AD was hurting yesterday, based on how much Chester played.

=Z=

ultravikingfan
09-28-2009, 07:59 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

3-0 baby!

::)

Just can't let it go can you?

singersp
09-28-2009, 08:11 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

3-0 baby!

Let what go? As you can read, I gave Favre his props for his spectacular finish.

If you want me to pat him on the back & say great job for the rest of his 3 quarters of play, I'm not going to do it. I am not blind. He did not play great those first 3 quarters & very few will even admit it. Those are some pretty thick shades. Even PA & MM agreed, but I guess they are at least objective.

There was great, there was poor & there was mediocre & we won despite it. Winning makes it all better, but it doesn't erase the fact that he didn't play well prior to it. Lest you forget, we couldn't get it done on the drive prior to the last one. Thank God we still had 3 time outs. Had there been 3 quarters of better play earlier, we wouldn't even be talking about that last drive, because we wouldn't have needed it.

marshallvike
09-28-2009, 08:17 AM
"ConnecticutViking" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

3-0 baby!

Lets end the
anti-Favre talk.

I did not see where anyone mentioned TJ. No one said he would have done better. Why can't we give a fair assessment of Farves' game without it becoming a haters issue?

Zeus
09-28-2009, 08:24 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

3-0 baby!

Let what go? As you can read, I gave Favre his props for his spectacular finish.

If you want me to pat him on the back & say great job for the rest of his 3 quarters of play, I'm not going to do it. I am not blind. He did not play great those first 3 quarters & very few will even admit it. Those are some pretty thick shades. Even PA & MM agreed, but I guess they are at least objective.

There was great, there was poor & there was mediocre & we won despite it. Winning makes it all better, but it doesn't erase the fact that he didn't play well prior to it. Lest you forget, we couldn't get it done on the drive prior to the last one. Thank God we still had 3 time outs. Had there been 3 quarters of better play earlier, we wouldn't even be talking about that last drive, because we wouldn't have needed it.

Singer's right.
Early in the game (except that LASER he threw to Rice for the TD) there were lots of missed passes and drops and general ugliness in the passing game.
Lots of work still to do.

Which, BTW, I think is great.
The team is 3-0 and there's NO WAY they've reached their peak performance yet.

=Z=

ejmat
09-28-2009, 08:28 AM
"grpape" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Over!

Hats off:
AD
CT
Rice
Chiller
Defense
Ced
Chad
JA
KW
Reynard
Kluwe
EJ
Harvin
Lewis

Thumbs Down:
O-line
Loadholt
ST's
Berrian!!
Dropped pass and a Pick.
Secondary
Penalties

Amen Ultra.

Props to Greg Lewis.
What a catch.

Case in point!

Though I agree the blovking was terrible, Longwell kicked the ball extremely low.
Watch the replay.
Even if the blocking was good the ball may have hit one of our lineman it was so low.

The fact is he does have a habit and think about it.
He has had a lot of blocked FGs over the past few years.
I like the guy and he is so clutch for us usually but the fact is he needs to get the ball in the air.

singersp
09-28-2009, 08:28 AM
"marshallvike" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

3-0 baby!

Lets end the
anti-Favre talk.

I did not see where anyone mentioned TJ. No one said he would have done better. Why can't we give a fair assessment of Farves' game without it becoming a haters issue?

Because that's the way they roll. Any criticism of Favre whatsoever is considered "hate" by some here.

Prior to that last drive Favre was only 17 for 38 (45%) & couldn't even hit a WR down the LOS on at least 2 occasions & had others hit the ground nowhere close to a receiver. But I guess that's considered great play by several, just because of last minute heroics.

ultravikingfan
09-28-2009, 08:30 AM
"Elam529" wrote:

Brett Favre Game Winning TD Pass to Greg Lewis..Vikings vs. 49ers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un3B7Og-FS0#ws)

ejmat
09-28-2009, 08:32 AM
"Redmption" wrote:

I hope you are freaking kidding me.
First people complain because he doesn't throw.
Then when he does to win the game there are still complaints.
Suck it up will ya and quit the bashing.
We are 3-0 for goodness sake.
They played the game to win.
They did what needed to be done.
Peterson was getting shut down for the most part.
Do you keep handing the ball off when you're not getting yardage?
Jeeeeeeesus

singersp
09-28-2009, 08:36 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Brett Favre Game Winning TD Pass to Greg Lewis..Vikings vs. 49ers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un3B7Og-FS0#ws)

Thanx for the clip Ultra. They didn't show anything that close at the game. great pass, great catch &
heads up mentality to stay in bounds & drag the foot.

NordicNed
09-28-2009, 08:38 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"marshallvike" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

3-0 baby!

Lets end the
anti-Favre talk.

Because that's the way they roll. Any criticism of Favre whatsoever is considered "hate" by some here.

Prior to that last drive Favre was only 17 for 38 (45%) & couldn't even hit a WR down the LOS on at least 2 occasions & had others hit the ground nowhere close to a receiver. But I guess that's considered great play by several, just because of last minute heroics.

Thats total bullshit Singer, this was by far, Favres greatest showing yet in a Vikings game, espeicaly when it came to managing the game and taking what was put in front of him...

Favre looked sad on the very first series and that was it !

When they blitzed, they paid for it, when base def was against him, he hung tough in the pocket and constently found his open recievers, be it #1, 2, 3. 4, or TE TE.....
Favre showed he still has a loaded gun and when read, can fire it and hit his target.
30 plus yard passes?
NO PROBLEM for Brett....Hell, that winning pass and catch, was a 3o + yard bullet,,,,not some everyday Hail Fairy Pass, which usually is good for nothing but getting batted down and eatting up time...Hell, if Lewis dropped, we had time for another shot at the endzone,and I Brett new that...

Go Brett and Vikings.

ejmat
09-28-2009, 08:41 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

3-0 baby!

And that is a testament to good game management.
I don't think Sage or TJ pulls off that win.
The fact he drove down the field when it counted is something we as fans haven't seen in a long time.

Say what you want about Favre.
He didn't have a poorish game as you are trying to say.
He had an average game and pulled it out in the end.
Yes he made some errant throws.
But he also made some very good throws that were dropped.
He is humming the ball with a lot of zip.
Of course when you throw down field more you aren't going to have a high completion rate most of the time.
When is the last time TJ had 300 yards passing?
When is the last time TJ was able to read the defense so well they stopped blitzing?

Fact is Favre is not the one that gave up the blocked FG either.
If it weren't for that and that alone we wouldn't even be talking about this.
That was a 10 point swing.
Harvin's TD has been the only non offensive TD this year.
The only one so far!
The offense scored mainly on their own.
They didn't have great field position most of the game except for the one long PR by Darius.
Give the guy a break

Prophet
09-28-2009, 08:45 AM
No chance one of the other asshats on the QB roster can drive 80 yds with no timeouts with a little over a minute left.
Awesome finish.

The rest of the game was somewhat sloppy with periods of greatness.
Kind of reminds me of going fishing all day and catching nothing and thinking...wow, what a crappy day of fishing....and then reeling in a lunker and forgetting about the beginning of the day and remembering it as one of the greatest days fishing ever.

hx38596
09-28-2009, 08:47 AM
MIRACLE IN THE METRODOME

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/09/27/vikings.niners/index.html

Excellent article there.
Chilly taking some credit for not only making sure Greg suited up, but he told the receivers coach to 'put him in the game.

Childress said the last thing he told Vikings receivers coach George Stewart before the game started was "Don't be afraid to put Greg Lewis in the game,' a suggestion that Stewart confirmed to me in the postgame locker room.

ultravikingfan
09-28-2009, 09:44 AM
"ejmat" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

3-0 baby!

The fact he drove down the field when it counted is something we as fans haven't seen in a long time.

Of course when you throw down field more you aren't going to have a high completion rate most of the time.

When is the last time TJ was able to read the defense so well they stopped blitzing?

The only one so far!
They didn't have great field position most of the game except for the one long PR by Darius.
Give the guy a break

+1

Yes he had some bad passes.
Everybody does.

The dropped passes killed us.

The pressure killed us.

Like I have always said, I will take a coverage sack any day over a forced pick.

ultravikingfan
09-28-2009, 09:57 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/INTS-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/BERRIAN.jpg

tastywaves
09-28-2009, 10:09 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

3-0 baby!

The only one so far!
Give the guy a break

+1

Yes he had some bad passes.
Everybody does.

The dropped passes killed us.

The pressure killed us.

Like I have always said, I will take a coverage sack any day over a forced pick.

Just to add to what EJ and Ultra are saying.
Favre didn't have a perfect game by any means, very seldom does a player have one.
If they do have a perfect game, chances are it wasn't much of an opponent.
Football is a game full of ups and downs, bad calls, big plays, luck or whatever you want to call it.
What matters is that you find a way to win the game.
Doesn't matter how you do it.
And the best test of a quality player is to deliver when you need them the most.
That is what Favre did yesterday and is something we have been lacking for a very long time.
That's also what Greg Lewis did and its also what our defense did on the last SF possession.
This victory doesn't belong to Favre alone, but he deserves a good share of the credit.

Once again, throw the stats out the window and look at the game and how it is played.
That's how you should grade a player, not by looking at the box score in the Monday paper.

And lastly, can we quit with the Favre is going to wear out by the end of the season BS.
He might get hurt, but he is not going to wear out.
The same can be said for every QB in the league, including our backups.
I highly recommend enjoying the run while its going rather than focusing on doomsday scenarios.

marstc09
09-28-2009, 10:16 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Elam529" wrote:

I get chills watching this. Unbelievable.

hx38596
09-28-2009, 10:23 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Elam529" wrote:

I'm on my 32nd viewing of it.
With variations of the FOX announcing and Paul Allen doing it.
Kinda like the AD Chicago game his rookie year.

Greatness is something you can't get tired of watching.

Braddock
09-28-2009, 10:26 AM
"ejmat" wrote:

"Redmption" wrote:

Jeeeeeeesus

I agree, the run wasn't developing for us. The SF run D is crazy good. We were using more passes to try to soften the D to open up runs for us, but they weren't giving us much of anything. Passing was what was needed to win. So we did.

NordicNed
09-28-2009, 10:34 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Elam529" wrote:

Our dog is still hidding under the couch.
And I think David went to school with a few broken ribs...

V4L
09-28-2009, 10:39 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Should have had at least 3 more that were dropped by Niners defenders.
Just being honest here.

=Z=

Thanks for being honest

Amazing game winner

And a good game.. Not great game tho

It was refreshing to see him take charge tho and throw an absolute rope at the end for the winner

I lost my voice after that

And got punched by 2 niner fans runnning around the dome yelling gunslinger

ThorSPL
09-28-2009, 10:54 AM
"RK." wrote:

Classy guys.

;D ;D

;D

Just wow.

;D

IF ONLY that was on videotape!

NodakPaul
09-28-2009, 11:25 AM

That pass went nearly 45 yards through the air and had some zip on it.
After more than 40 throws, it looks like Favre's are was still pleanty strong. :)

V4L
09-28-2009, 11:27 AM
That's why you get Greg Lewis on your team

gagarr
09-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Vikes played both halves!!!!
In some stats the first half was better than the 2nd half, but both were pretty equal in most including scoring in each quarter.

A complete game, well played by both sides, and I wasn't going to be too upset if the 9er's won, because the Vikes didn't beat themselves with TOs, sacks, broken tackles, etc..
The 9ers are for real!
As the Rams will find out next week.

Gotta feel sorry for the Rams having to face Pack, 9ers, and Vikes in a row.

ejmat
09-28-2009, 12:11 PM
"gagarr" wrote:

Vikes played both halves!!!!
In some stats the first half was better than the 2nd half, but both were pretty equal in most including scoring in each quarter.

A complete game, well played by both sides, and I wasn't going to be too upset if the 9er's won, because the Vikes didn't beat themselves with TOs, sacks, broken tackles, etc..
The 9ers are for real!
As the Rams will find out next week.

Gotta feel sorry for the Rams having to face Pack, 9ers, and Vikes in a row.

I don't feel bad for them at all.
They knocked us out of the playoffs on a couple of occasions so the hell with their feelings.
lol

marstc09
09-28-2009, 01:03 PM
The last drive for those morons who missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB6GO2Gf1zI&feature=player_embedded#t=112

i_bleed_purple
09-28-2009, 01:19 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB6GO2Gf1zI&feature=player_embedded#t=112 (http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB6GO2Gf1zI&feature=player_embedded#t=112)

mars... which morons might those be, if you don't mind me asking :P ::)

MindCrimes67
09-28-2009, 01:19 PM
Hello all you fellow Viking fans! Been a lurker on this site for a few years now, had to voice my opinion so i signed up finally! ;D
But wow, what an ending!! I was feeling good all first half, then blocked field goal returned for TD. Momentum changer, big time.. Was on edge of seat from then on. Been a viking fan since the late 70s. I dont know about you all, but after yesyerdays game i feel we are gonna have a very special year. After team watches films, and see favre throwing that block 25 yards down field, then that magical TD for the win. This already very talented team will work harder for him and they will believ in him from here on out!!
Go Vikes!!!

snowinapril
09-28-2009, 01:33 PM
"MindCrimes67" wrote:

Hello all you fellow Viking fans! Been a lurker on this site for a few years now, had to voice my opinion so i signed up finally! ;D
But wow, what an ending!! I was feeling good all first half, then blocked field goal returned for TD. Momentum changer, big time.. Was on edge of seat from then on. Been a viking fan since the late 70s. I dont know about you all, but after yesyerdays game i feel we are gonna have a very special year. After team watches films, and see favre throwing that block 25 yards down field, then that magical TD for the win. This already very talented team will work harder for him and they will believ in him from here on out!!
Go Vikes!!!

Heck, this is the icing on the cake.
He already makes the trainer feel like one of the players.
Did you see the body bump with the trainer.
LOL!
He has that ability to make others feel better about themselves and lift them up.
You can see it up and down the sidelines with the Defensive and the Offensive players all smiling and wanting to be around him.
He has charisma and that southern charm.
He is a confidence boost.

i_bleed_purple
09-28-2009, 01:35 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"MindCrimes67" wrote:

Go Vikes!!!

Heck, this is the icing on the cake.
He already makes the trainer feel like one of the players.
Did you see the body bump with the trainer.
LOL!
He has that ability to make others feel better about themselves and lift them up.
You can see it up and down the sidelines with the Defensive and the Offensive players all smiling and wanting to be around him.
He has charisma and that southern charm.
He is a confidence boost.

I laughed when they showed the "respect" Favre gets on the field.
They showed him run to make a block, then Willis helped him up.
His shoulderpads slipped over his jersey, and the ref rushed over to help him.

tomer629
09-28-2009, 01:37 PM
At least I am assuming that favre didnt see him.
I was at the game Sunday and there were 2 times in the first 3 quarters when Percy got behind the defense for a sure TD, but favre didnt throw him the ball.
Then on the final drive, he did it again, and would have walked into the endzone, but Favre didnt even look to his side of the field, he instead threw Shanco on the right side.
One of the times that percy had the D beat was on the throw on the left sideline that BB dropped.

Dont get me wrong, im not bashing Favre. (how could you after that finish).
But we all have to agree that the TD was at least somewhat lucky.
I just wish he could have found Percy a few times when he clearly had the defense beat.
hopefully they will see this in the game film and address it.
Imagine if we could start completing a few deep balls to Percy and BB.
Not only would the defense have to stop stacking the box, but they would have to think about backing off the safetys to protect against the long ball.

Again im not complaing that "we never throw deep" I love the conservative WCO when its working and receivers are getting good YAC.
But god damnit, if you have a guy faster than everyone else on the field, and he gets behind the defense... THROW IT TO HIM, nobody is gonna catch Percy.

Would an Admin mind moving this to the proper forum.
I have no idea how it ended up in Forum Rules.

i_bleed_purple
09-28-2009, 01:38 PM
I could catch percy

snowinapril
09-28-2009, 01:38 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB6GO2Gf1zI&feature=player_embedded#t=112]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB6GO2Gf1zI&feature=player_embedded#t=112]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB6GO2Gf1zI&feature=player_embedded#t=112]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB6GO2Gf1zI&feature=player_embedded#t=112]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB6GO2Gf1zI&feature=player_embedded#t=112]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB6GO2Gf1zI&feature=player_embedded#t=112 (http://[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB6GO2Gf1zI&feature=player_embedded#t=112)

From the sound in another thread about mars leaving the dome before the play, he might be talking about himself.
LOL!

tomer629
09-28-2009, 01:39 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

I could catch percy

rofl wow that was a fast post.
I just posted this literally 15 seconds ago.
Maybe you could catch percy.... but probably not

snowinapril
09-28-2009, 01:42 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

I could catch percy

When he has a migraine and is resting stationary in one place, maybe.
If he was stationary in one place without a migraine, I don't think you catch him.

pH =
8)

i_bleed_purple
09-28-2009, 01:43 PM
"tomer629" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

I could catch percy

rofl wow that was a fast post.
I just posted this literally 15 seconds ago.

Maybe you could catch percy.... but probably not

hahaha...
no, not quite.
Its like that guy that was on here saying he could tackle Jerome Bettis.

marstc09
09-28-2009, 01:48 PM
I noticed a few times Favre could have hit people. One to Rice on the drive before the magic.

tomer629
09-28-2009, 01:50 PM
Ok we have established that NOBODY can catch percy, so what do you guys think of Favre not seeing him.
Im personally not too worried, Im sure they will see it in the game film and we will see a few deep shots vs the packers.

Remember how many times BB got behind the defense by 5-10 yds last year, only to have TJack or Gus overthrow him by 10 yds?

I know it was at least 5-6 times.
With Favre those throws would be on target, (assuming the O-line can give him time)

marstc09
09-28-2009, 01:58 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB6GO2Gf1zI&feature=player_embedded#t=112]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB6GO2Gf1zI&feature=player_embedded#t=112]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB6GO2Gf1zI&feature=player_embedded#t=112 (http://[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB6GO2Gf1zI&feature=player_embedded#t=112)

Me, myself, and I.

ultravikingfan
09-28-2009, 02:16 PM
"tomer629" wrote:

At least I am assuming that favre didnt see him.
I was at the game Sunday and there were 2 times in the first 3 quarters when Percy got behind the defense for a sure TD, but favre didnt throw him the ball.
Then on the final drive, he did it again, and would have walked into the endzone, but Favre didnt even look to his side of the field, he instead threw Shanco on the right side.
One of the times that percy had the D beat was on the throw on the left sideline that BB dropped.

Dont get me wrong, im not bashing Favre. (how could you after that finish).
But we all have to agree that the TD was at least somewhat lucky.
I just wish he could have found Percy a few times when he clearly had the defense beat.
hopefully they will see this in the game film and address it.
Imagine if we could start completing a few deep balls to Percy and BB.
Not only would the defense have to stop stacking the box, but they would have to think about backing off the safetys to protect against the long ball.

Again im not complaing that "we never throw deep" I love the conservative WCO when its working and receivers are getting good YAC.
But god damnit, if you have a guy faster than everyone else on the field, and he gets behind the defense... THROW IT TO HIM, nobody is gonna catch Percy.

Would an Admin mind moving this to the proper forum.
I have no idea how it ended up in Forum Rules.

Hindsight 20/20 with Percy.

Gotta realize there was a lot of pressure in his grill as well.

El Vikingo
09-28-2009, 02:19 PM
-Favre ,300 plus yds after 4 years and a winning TD with 2 sec. left,pick wasnot his fault.Props to ole Brett
,neither TJ nor Sage would have made that job done.
-Some of our cheerleadears are hot but really ugly ,In fact I suspect one of them was a tranny (no kidding)
-In the other hand the chiller is not so ugly lately,we need to involve Harvin in some more trickery though.
-Harvin is who we thought he was.
-Longwell is one of the best kickers in the entire league.
-Our OL is the clear weak point,special mention to Loadholt.
-Mars left and we won.

3-0 ,now bring us the Pack....

MindCrimes67
09-28-2009, 02:27 PM
As the season goes on I'm sure we will see lots from Percy. In some of our run plays and couple of pass plays, saw percy in places for trickery down the road. Before draft i wanted Vikes to take Nicks over Percy. So far Percy has been a pleasant surprise as a WR. Knew he was explosive, been doing pretty good job as a receiver too.

marstc09
09-28-2009, 02:32 PM
"El" wrote:

-Mars left and we won.

I am starting to think I should stop being a fan.
:'(

Redmption
09-28-2009, 02:45 PM
"Braddock" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"Redmption" wrote:

Jeeeeeeesus

I agree, the run wasn't developing for us. The SF run D is crazy good. We were using more passes to try to soften the D to open up runs for us, but they weren't giving us much of anything. Passing was what was needed to win. So we did.

The first several drives the team came out in passing mode so the run game was never given a full opportunity. You say their run D is great, but what about the Vikings run D, yet the Niners ran the ball more and thats after losing their All-Pro back... So dont tell me there were not opportunities to run the ball more, when the other team did run more against a better run D.

Second, I wasnt one of the people calling for there to be more passes, so saying that people were calling for more only validates my point that the team/coach gave in to those demands.

I am very happy this team is 3-0, just not happy it took almost 50 passes to get there. Hopefully this was just one of those weeks were the game plan didnt work out the way it should have, but I did not agree with the play calling at all this game. To me it was all about selling future tickets this season in the dome which is why we saw Air McFavre

Suick
09-28-2009, 02:59 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"El" wrote:

-Mars left and we won.

I was so disgusted after we turned it over on downs, I left the TV and went out to mow the lawn (is been raining in KY for 40 days/nights). My son comes running out screaming TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it.

$300+ bucks for NFL Sunday ticket and I miss it. I should be stripped of my fan-hood.

Purple_Jesus
09-28-2009, 03:04 PM
"Redmption" wrote:

"Braddock" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"Redmption" wrote:

Jeeeeeeesus

The first several drives the team came out in passing mode so the run game was never given a full opportunity. You say their run D is great, but what about the Vikings run D, yet the Niners ran the ball more and thats after losing their All-Pro back... So dont tell me there were not opportunities to run the ball more, when the other team did run more against a better run D.

Second, I wasnt one of the people calling for there to be more passes, so saying that people were calling for more only validates my point that the team/coach gave in to those demands.

I am very happy this team is 3-0, just not happy it took almost 50 passes to get there. Hopefully this was just one of those weeks were the game plan didnt work out the way it should have, but I did not agree with the play calling at all this game. To me it was all about selling future tickets this season in the dome which is why we saw Air McFavre

The reason we saw Air McFavre is because the 9ers kept blitzing.
They put 150% of their focus on All Day, and didn't worry too much about Favre.
Every time Brett saw 9 on the line of scrimmage, he audibled to a quick pass play, and it worked 90% of the time.
Favre kicked the shit out of them, which is why the 9ers stopped blitzing so much.

marstc09
09-28-2009, 03:05 PM
"Suick" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"El" wrote:

-Mars left and we won.

I was so disgusted after we turned it over on downs, I left the TV and went out to mow the lawn (is been raining in KY for 40 days/nights). My son comes running out screaming TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it.

$300+ bucks for NFL Sunday ticket and I miss it. I should be stripped of my fan-hood.

I was disgusted at first but I am a firm believer in things happening for a reason. Lord Favre asked me to leave. I was just doing what I was told.
;D

tomer629
09-28-2009, 03:16 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

"marshallvike" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

It is still aggravating.

speaking of bad calls, how about the non call for roughing on AD, after he stepped out of bounds, took 4-5 steps in the white, held the ball over his head (because he was out of bounds) and got lit up by a san fran defender.
That one was pathetic, ive seen sooo much less called for roughing.
horrible missed call I really dont know how and NFL ref misses that.

Mark_The_Viking
09-28-2009, 03:24 PM
"tomer629" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"marshallvike" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

It is still aggravating.

speaking of bad calls, how about the non call for roughing on AD, after he stepped out of bounds, took 4-5 steps in the white, held the ball over his head (because he was out of bounds) and got lit up by a san fran defender.

Not long after the Hendo call a niner guy blitzed Favre and nearly knocked his head off how come there was no call for that?

Overlord
09-28-2009, 04:57 PM
"Redmption" wrote:

"Braddock" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"Redmption" wrote:

Jeeeeeeesus

I love watching this Vikings team run the ball, but I have to disagree with your take here.
Sure, on the face it looks like the 49ers were more committed to the run because they ended up dropping back to pass 26 times and handing it off 26 times.
Meanwhile, the Vikes attempted a pass on 49 plays and ran it 26 times.

But I think it's fair to note that when the 49ers got the ball back at 5:47 left in the 4th quarter, the numbers looked a little different.
At that point, San Francisco had tried to throw 25 times and called run on 20 plays.
The Vikings had called 33 passes and 26 runs.
That's a very similar run:pass ratio for the two teams.

That's certainly not a ridiculous ratio for the Vikings, especially based on the relatively strong run defense played by the 49ers.

Oh, and as for the 49ers sticking with it, especially trying to run up the middle... in my opinion that really wasn't very bright.
It's ego and a very stubborn coaching staff that was responsible for that.
It didn't help them convert third downs and it didn't help them win the game.

NodakPaul
09-28-2009, 05:12 PM
"Mark_The_Viking" wrote:

"tomer629" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"marshallvike" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

It is still aggravating.

Not long after the Hendo call a niner guy blitzed Favre and nearly knocked his head off how come there was no call for that?

Because its football.
And sometimes people are going to get hit in football.
And sometimes it is after the whistle/out of bounds/etc and it doesn't get called.
That is part of the game.
It happens against both teams all of the time.
Good teams find a way to overcome bad or missed calls.

IMHO both teams played like good teams yesterday.
The officiating didn't affect the outcome (and it never really does...)

ejmat
09-28-2009, 05:14 PM
"Redmption" wrote:

"Braddock" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"Redmption" wrote:

Jeeeeeeesus

To me it was about doing what needed to be done to get a victory.
The running game was being shut down most of the game.
That means the passing game had to step up.
Why keep running if it's not working?
No need to complain about how many times they passed the ball.
Of course they don't want it to be like that every game but some games call for it.
This one did.

tomer629
09-28-2009, 06:42 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Mark_The_Viking" wrote:

"tomer629" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"marshallvike" wrote:

It is still aggravating.

Because its football.
And sometimes people are going to get hit in football.
And sometimes it is after the whistle/out of bounds/etc and it doesn't get called.
That is part of the game.
It happens against both teams all of the time.
Good teams find a way to overcome bad or missed calls.

IMHO both teams played like good teams yesterday.
The officiating didn't affect the outcome (and it never really does...)

I agree that it gets called a lot more than it should, my point is that in this particular case AD was clearly out of bounds, and I have seen roughing get called for a lot less.
The refs really need to be more consistent.
Yes good teams rise above bad calls, but that doesn't make it ok when a ref does make a bad call.
Bad calls went both ways on sunday, but I thought this one was a blatantly obvious late hit.

If they are gonna pussify the NFL and call all these little late hit and helmet to helmet hits penaltys, then call it every time it happens, not just when you feel like it.

jmcdon00
09-28-2009, 06:54 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"Suick" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"El" wrote:

-Mars left and we won.

I was disgusted at first but I am a firm believer in things happening for a reason. Lord Favre asked me to leave. I was just doing what I was told.
;D

Favre works in mysterious ways.

ejmat
09-28-2009, 07:32 PM
"Overlord" wrote:

"Redmption" wrote:

"Braddock" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"Redmption" wrote:

Jeeeeeeesus

I love watching this Vikings team run the ball, but I have to disagree with your take here.
Sure, on the face it looks like the 49ers were more committed to the run because they ended up dropping back to pass 26 times and handing it off 26 times.
Meanwhile, the Vikes attempted a pass on 49 plays and ran it 26 times.

But I think it's fair to note that when the 49ers got the ball back at 5:47 left in the 4th quarter, the numbers looked a little different.
At that point, San Francisco had tried to throw 25 times and called run on 20 plays.
The Vikings had called 33 passes and 26 runs.
That's a very similar run:pass ratio for the two teams.

That's certainly not a ridiculous ratio for the Vikings, especially based on the relatively strong run defense played by the 49ers.

Oh, and as for the 49ers sticking with it, especially trying to run up the middle... in my opinion that really wasn't very bright.
It's ego and a very stubborn coaching staff that was responsible for that.
It didn't help them convert third downs and it didn't help them win the game.

Going back to Redemptions post where you stated "You say their run D is great, but what about the Vikings run D, yet the Niners ran the ball more and thats after losing their All-Pro back... So dont tell me there were not opportunities to run the ball more, when the other team did run more against a better run D."
First of all it doesn't matter about the Vikings D.
We are talking about the Niners defense that did a great job shutting down the run for most of the game.
Regardless of what the Niners did on offense it has nothing to do with what the VIkings do on offense.
They played to win the game.
They felt they had to pass more this game and they were right.
Without the passing game they lose this game.
Plain and simple.

Suick
09-28-2009, 08:03 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Suick" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"El" wrote:

-Mars left and we won.

;D

Now that's funny

Our Favre, who art in heaven...............

Prophet
09-28-2009, 08:44 PM
"Suick" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Suick" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

-Mars left and we won.

;D

Now that's funny

Still need someone to photoshop the 'last supper' with purple jesus, Jared Allen, Favre, etc.
Who's the trinity?
Is it AD, Favre and Harvin?
Lot of possibilities.

ejmat
09-28-2009, 09:32 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"Suick" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Suick" wrote:

-Mars left and we won.

;D

Now that's funny

Still need someone to photoshop the 'last supper' with purple jesus, Jared Allen, Favre, etc.
Who's the trinity?
Lot of possibilities.

That would be sweet.
I think Chilly would look good as JC with the beard and all
;D

Zeus
09-28-2009, 10:28 PM
"Redmption" wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure that the game-plan called for more passes so they could sell tickets.

Hell, I'd be shocked if the Vikings didn't ask the Niners to let that last pass score a TD so they could sell out the Bengals game.
Probably promised the SF brass a quarter of the gate and a free slushie.

=Z=

Zeus
09-28-2009, 10:30 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"Suick" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Suick" wrote:

-Mars left and we won.

;D

Now that's funny

Who's the trinity?
Lot of possibilities.

Never could get a taker for that really blasphemous Purple Jesus signature.
Josdin tried, but he wasn't willing to go to Hell for eternity just so I could get a few laughs.

=Z=

Formo
09-28-2009, 11:31 PM
"Suick" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Suick" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

-Mars left and we won.

;D

Now that's funny

I lol'd!!!

rjkvikings
09-29-2009, 01:05 AM
So I don't post on here that often, but I love to read all the topics that come up! After this game, I am still in AWE a day and a half later! I still can't believe that final drive. I refused to leave the room because I just don't quit thinking we have a chance until the final whistle blows, and wow did that pay off today!
:) :) :)
Overall, I think we played a decent game. Most things have already been said, but I wish like heck the Vikings would do something to fix our pass D in the fourth quarter of games! It seems like every time a team needs a big drive to take the lead we just give it to them, no matter who we are playing! Thankfully this time we had our own QB who seems to specialize in those drives!!! I'm still so freaking excited!
;D

As a side note: Does anybody have a good site that gives the stats for dropped passes for THIS YEAR? I can't seem to find any and my roommate and I are in a bit of an argument over how many dropped passes there were in the game yesterday.

singersp
09-29-2009, 06:16 AM
"tomer629" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"marshallvike" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

It is still aggravating.

They never blew the whistle. Refs fucked that one up.

singersp
09-29-2009, 06:18 AM
"Purple_Jesus" wrote:

The reason we saw Air McFavre is because the 9ers kept blitzing.
They put 150% of their focus on All Day, and didn't worry too much about Favre.
Every time Brett saw 9 on the line of scrimmage, he audibled to a quick pass play, and it worked 90% of the time.
Favre kicked the shit out of them, which is why the 9ers stopped blitzing so much.

90%? *Snickers*

NodakPaul
09-29-2009, 09:31 AM
"rjkvikings" wrote:

So I don't post on here that often, but I love to read all the topics that come up! After this game, I am still in AWE a day and a half later! I still can't believe that final drive. I refused to leave the room because I just don't quit thinking we have a chance until the final whistle blows, and wow did that pay off today!
:) :) :)
Overall, I think we played a decent game. Most things have already been said, but I wish like heck the Vikings would do something to fix our pass D in the fourth quarter of games! It seems like every time a team needs a big drive to take the lead we just give it to them, no matter who we are playing! Thankfully this time we had our own QB who seems to specialize in those drives!!! I'm still so freaking excited!
;D

As a side note: Does anybody have a good site that gives the stats for dropped passes for THIS YEAR? I can't seem to find any and my roommate and I are in a bit of an argument over how many dropped passes there were in the game yesterday.

http://jsonline.stats.com/fb/index.asp

Yes, it is a WI newspaper, but they do a great job reporting non traditional stats.
Interestingly enough, they don't list Berrian's miss on Sunday as a drop... Maybe it just isn't updated yet.
According to Favre's page, he has had three passes dropped so far this year.

gagarr
09-29-2009, 09:40 AM
The Good:
* Played 2 halves
* PH showing he is a premier KR
* Favre still has an arm, that can laser it in
* Favre is getting more insync with receivers
* AD still managed 85yds and 4.5avg against a good run D
* 9ers were 0-11 on 3rd down
* Run D gave up only 58yds with 2.2 avg
* Favre decleating Willis.
I'm thinking he likes to get a little payback on defenders.

The Bad:
* Still gave up 2 sacks
* Gave up 1 INT, although not an ugly one, a good play by defender to tip it up
* Favre risking injury sprinting down field to throw a block
* Giving up the middle of the field to V. Davis.

The Ugly:
* Drive stopping dropped balls!!!
They made me sick!
* Whiffing on a block during the FG attempt
* Where were the other players when Favre sprinted down field to throw a block?

A bit of the positive is that most of the good is something we see most of the time.
Most of the bad and ugly are unusual and can be easily corrected.

I'm still looking for a complete well (not perfect) played game, where the Vikes don't hurt themselves.

I'm hoping we will see it this week against GB.

V-Unit
09-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Great Videos Below

Sounds of the Game (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d8130764c/Week-3-Sounds-of-the-Game)

1. Watch till the end!
2. Amazing look of disappointment contrasted by fans going nuts in the background
3. Then the camera zooms and you realize the fans are shocked too.

Anatomy of a Play (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-anatomy-of-a-play/09000d5d8130a934/WK-3-Anatomy-Favre-being-Favre)

1. I LOVE the early pump fake
2. Peterson's words of accomplishment. Schism? What Schism? Schism Shmism!
3. Look on Peterson's face. Even HE is in awe.
4. Good play design.
5. Chilly's beard is getting ROWDY.
6. CT pass blocking
7. "This is one of the best throws under pressure with the game on the line I've ever seen in my life at any level"

Formo
09-30-2009, 05:06 PM
"V" wrote:

Great Videos Below

Sounds of the Game (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d8130764c/Week-3-Sounds-of-the-Game)

1. Watch till the end!
2. Amazing look of disappointment contrasted by fans going nuts in the background

Anatomy of a Play (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-anatomy-of-a-play/09000d5d8130a934/WK-3-Anatomy-Favre-being-Favre)

4. Good play design.
6. CT pass blocking
7. "This is one of the best throws under pressure with the game on the line I've ever seen in my life at any level"

Dude, this is easy post of the week.
And it could very well be post of the year (unless, of course, we actually bring home a Lombardi trophy..)

AWESOME!

I love AP praising Favre, "You da man!
You da man!
That's what makes you who you are!!"

i_bleed_purple
09-30-2009, 09:53 PM
"V" wrote:

Great Videos Below

1. Watch till the end!

I love the look on the faces of the 49ers...
Just priceless..

4. Good play design.
6. CT pass blocking

I've been looking for them to do an anatomy of a play on this, thanks for posting it.

What I noticed, on the view from behind Favre, you couldn't even see Lewis.
Its like he just knew he would be over there.
That comes from 20 years of experience, not a strong arm and potential.

Zeus
09-30-2009, 10:24 PM
"V" wrote:

How cool is it to see this kind-of thing about OUR team?

=Z=

i_bleed_purple
09-30-2009, 10:25 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"V" wrote:

=Z=

they also had one about that TD vs. the packers to win it last year, worth looking at, they really break down the blocking schemes and what happened during the play.

Zeus
09-30-2009, 10:29 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"V" wrote:

they also had one about that TD vs. the packers to win it last year, worth looking at, they really break down the blocking schemes and what happened during the play.

There was also one of AD's Week 1 TD run against the Browns.

=Z=

Formo
09-30-2009, 10:34 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"V" wrote:

There was also one of AD's Week 1 TD run against the Browns.

=Z=

Also they did the one last year with Berrian's 99 yard TD grab.

so-cal vike
09-30-2009, 11:33 PM
I haven't voiced my opinion here so,

Greg Lewis is the hero.

The defense held when we needed them most.

Brett Favre looked great.

The O-line needs to wall up on the pass protection.

Special Teams???

3-0

Bring it on cheese-dicks.

VikingMike
10-01-2009, 10:17 AM
As I was watching the replay on NFLN, I saw the last play for the nth time. But I noticed for the first time how Favre flipped the ball end-to-end in his right hand as he rolled out to the right after the snap. Did anyone else see this? I had never seen a QB do this before! Truthfully, I never really looked...but I thought this was pretty amazing to be so cool in a do-or-die situation.

jargomcfargo
10-01-2009, 10:26 AM
"VikingMike" wrote:

As I was watching the replay on NFLN, I saw the last play for the nth time. But I noticed for the first time how Favre flipped the ball end-to-end in his right hand as he rolled out to the right after the snap. Did anyone else see this? I had never seen a QB do this before! Truthfully, I never really looked...but I thought this was pretty amazing to be so cool in a do-or-die situation.

Yeah, he just spun it end for end. It was like, " well I have a little time to kill here while I'm evading rushers and waiting for my receivers to get down field; what shall i do? Maybe spin the ball around."

I couldn't believe it.

BloodyHorns82
10-01-2009, 11:07 AM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"VikingMike" wrote:

Yeah, he just spun it end for end. It was like, " well I have a little time to kill here while I'm evading rushers and waiting for my receivers to get down field; what shall i do? Maybe spin the ball around."

I couldn't believe it.

I noticed that as well - but I think what he was doing was repositioning the ball after that initial pump fake.

vikinggreg
10-01-2009, 11:14 AM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"VikingMike" wrote:

I couldn't believe it.

I noticed that as well - but I think what he was doing was repositioning the ball after that initial pump fake.

Yeah that was interesting....time to flip the ball to TD volume ;) :)

Freya
10-01-2009, 01:20 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"VikingMike" wrote:

I couldn't believe it.

Yeah that was interesting....time to flip the ball to TD volume ;) :)

That's what I was thinking too........got to have the touchdown point forward.

NeoVikesTX
11-18-2009, 09:28 PM
A couple cool videos of "the throw and catch" from a fan at the Dome.
Pretty cool if you're like me and wish you were there to experience that play.

Brett Favre last second touchdown pass to Greg Lewis for Vikings win over 49ers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evu1g4XKq_0#)

Vike fans after official review-Brett Favre to Greg Lewis touchdown (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQMpEQLs3Yo#)

Zeus
11-18-2009, 10:19 PM
"NeoVikesTX" wrote:

A couple cool videos of "the throw and catch" from a fan at the Dome.
Pretty cool if you're like me and wish you were there to experience that play.

Those were cool - surprised the NFL hasn't smacked 'em down off of YouTube yet.
One of the greatest moments of my Viking fandom was being there for that.

Mars, of course, left early.

=Z=