PDA

View Full Version : Is TJ covering punts



soonerbornNbred
09-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Sporting news article vague

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-09-22/fly-vikings-jackson-will-do-anything-anything-get-on-field

ultravikingfan
09-22-2009, 05:32 PM
He was in the backfield on the punt.

It was a deception play wanting them to think we may fake it.
They said this during the game.
That is if you watched it.

i_bleed_purple
09-22-2009, 05:37 PM
It would appear so, he's being the up man:


From what I understand from the article, 3 guys on the far right and left, I guess an incomplete Line, TJ and Kluwe



G G





LG

LS

RG






G G
G































G





















TJ
















Kluwe


I guess the'll be tinkering with some type of fake punts during practice, whether they are used or not is to be seen though.

soonerbornNbred
09-22-2009, 05:52 PM
Sir Ultra I did watch the game but thru dvr (always miss 1st hour due to church) always FF to catch up mustve missed this play

midgensa
09-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Yeah ... this was just a look to either a) force a timeout b) fake it if we saw something we liked c) make other teams have to worry about d) all of the above.
It didn't hurt us in any way, but Chilly might be getting to creative for his own good. If somehow T-Jack missed a tackle that cost us big, or he got jacked up, it would have looked pretty stupid.

ultravikingfan
09-22-2009, 06:09 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


It would appear so, he's being the up man:


From what I understand from the article, 3 guys on the far right and left, I guess an incomplete Line, TJ and Kluwe




G G





LG

LS

RG







G G
G































G






















TJ

















Kluwe


I guess the'll be tinkering with some type of fake punts during practice, whether they are used or not is to be seen though.




That is what it was.

I am sure they were scared!
;D

ultravikingfan
09-22-2009, 06:09 PM
"soonerbornNbred" wrote:


Sir Ultra I did watch the game but thru dvr (always miss 1st hour due to church) always FF to catch up mustve missed this play


Sorry to come across as an ass.

Did not mean too.

FF over reality?
Shame on you!

midgensa
09-22-2009, 06:35 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"soonerbornNbred" wrote:


Sir Ultra I did watch the game but thru dvr (always miss 1st hour due to church) always FF to catch up mustve missed this play


Sorry to come across as an ass.

Did not mean too.

FF over reality?
Shame on you!

Lol ... I think he was saying he hits fast forward ... not that he checks his fantasy football.

Zeus
09-22-2009, 10:15 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"soonerbornNbred" wrote:


Sir Ultra I did watch the game but thru dvr (always miss 1st hour due to church) always FF to catch up mustve missed this play


Sorry to come across as an ass.

Did not mean too.


Are you kidding me?
That's your whole reason for being.

=Z=

VikingsMB
09-22-2009, 11:08 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


It would appear so, he's being the up man:


From what I understand from the article, 3 guys on the far right and left, I guess an incomplete Line, TJ and Kluwe




G G





LG

LS

RG







G G
G































G






















TJ

















Kluwe


I guess the'll be tinkering with some type of fake punts during practice, whether they are used or not is to be seen though.




That is what it was.

I am sure they were scared!

;D


It's just an offensive option for a run or a pass in short yardage on punts.
Gimmicky but I like it.

gregair13
09-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Not like he does anything else for the team...

But seriously, that would be a sweet fake punt formation. Might make teams take notice.

Sajid28
09-23-2009, 01:06 PM
i think if were up big against SF, why not try it out, lol

marstc09
09-23-2009, 01:12 PM
He made a fucked up comment. Not sure what to think about it. Kinda has an attitude IMO.


"Do I really have to cover a punt?" he said Monday when asked about his debut on special teams. "I guess the more you can do."

Sajid28
09-23-2009, 01:13 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


He made a fucked up comment. Not sure what to think about it. Kinda has an attitude IMO.


"Do I really have to cover a punt?" he said Monday when asked about his debut on special teams. "I guess the more you can do."


do you want a spot on this roster a-hole? get the fuk out there and help us win!

V4L
09-23-2009, 01:18 PM
Wow jackson.....

Kinda does seem like a punk this year

EVERYTIME Favre comes to the sidelines Sage seems to be there learning.. I rarely see Jackson with him

And this comment

I still like Jackson.. But it seems like he isn't taking this seriously or something

ItalianStallion
09-23-2009, 01:21 PM
"V4L" wrote:


Wow jackson.....

Kinda does seem like a punk this year

EVERYTIME Favre comes to the sidelines Sage seems to be there learning.. I rarely see Jackson with him

And this comment

I still like Jackson.. But it seems like he isn't taking this seriously or something


It's like he doesn't understand that if he played well the past 2 seasons he'd still be the starter.
Seems to think he deserves the spot rather than trying to get better and earn it.
Probably Childress' fault for coddling him so much and doing everything in his power to hand him the job the past couple years.

ejmat
09-23-2009, 01:34 PM
"V4L" wrote:


Wow jackson.....

Kinda does seem like a punk this year

EVERYTIME Favre comes to the sidelines Sage seems to be there learning.. I rarely see Jackson with him

And this comment

I still like Jackson.. But it seems like he isn't taking this seriously or something


I'm just confirming but you ARE a Jackson supporter, right?
I'm not trying to be an ass here just showing that you are always open minded
;D

HEY
09-23-2009, 03:49 PM
I like it!!

V4L
09-23-2009, 04:44 PM
"ejmat" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


Wow jackson.....

Kinda does seem like a punk this year

EVERYTIME Favre comes to the sidelines Sage seems to be there learning.. I rarely see Jackson with him

And this comment

I still like Jackson.. But it seems like he isn't taking this seriously or something


I'm just confirming but you ARE a Jackson supporter, right?
I'm not trying to be an ass here just showing that you are always open minded
;D



Lol yes I am

I just don't like what he's been doing so far this season

Little attitude adjustment and learning from Favre would do him some good

Rockmolder
09-23-2009, 04:54 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


He made a ~messed up~ up comment. Not sure what to think about it. Kinda has an attitude IMO.


"Do I really have to cover a punt?" he said Monday when asked about his debut on special teams. "I guess the more you can do."


Could be in a jokingly manner. I mean, the kid has to understand that he's really not in a positition to make these kinds of statements.

Anyway, that does make for a decently scary punting formation. We did the same thing with Flynn one time. It was supposed to be a pass, but he pulled it down and scrambled for the 1st down. Nothing gets you more pumped up that converting a fake FG/punt. Lol.

Sajid28
09-23-2009, 05:12 PM
"Rockmolder" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


He made a ~messed up~ up comment. Not sure what to think about it. Kinda has an attitude IMO.


"Do I really have to cover a punt?" he said Monday when asked about his debut on special teams. "I guess the more you can do."


Could be in a jokingly manner. I mean, the kid has to understand that he's really not in a positition to make these kinds of statements.

Anyway, that does make for a decently scary punting formation. We did the same thing with Flynn one time. It was supposed to be a pass, but he pulled it down and scrambled for the 1st down. Nothing gets you more pumped up that converting a fake FG/punt. Lol.


+1 on that

ejmat
09-23-2009, 05:15 PM
"V4L" wrote:


"ejmat" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


Wow jackson.....

Kinda does seem like a punk this year

EVERYTIME Favre comes to the sidelines Sage seems to be there learning.. I rarely see Jackson with him

And this comment

I still like Jackson.. But it seems like he isn't taking this seriously or something


I'm just confirming but you ARE a Jackson supporter, right?
I'm not trying to be an ass here just showing that you are always open minded
;D



Lol yes I am

I just don't like what he's been doing so far this season

Little attitude adjustment and learning from Favre would do him some good


Truth be told I can understand his frustration but at the same time he should be using this to his advantage.
All the pressure is off of him.
It gives him time to grow and develop more.
If the time should arise he should be ready to go and prove everyone wrong.

Formo
09-23-2009, 05:21 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


Wow jackson.....

Kinda does seem like a punk this year

EVERYTIME Favre comes to the sidelines Sage seems to be there learning.. I rarely see Jackson with him

And this comment

I still like Jackson.. But it seems like he isn't taking this seriously or something


It's like he doesn't understand that if he played well the past 2 seasons he'd still be the starter.
Seems to think he deserves the spot rather than trying to get better and earn it.
Probably Childress' fault for coddling him so much and doing everything in his power to hand him the job the past couple years.


+1

C Mac D
09-23-2009, 05:25 PM
"Formo" wrote:


"ItalianStallion" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


Wow jackson.....

Kinda does seem like a punk this year

EVERYTIME Favre comes to the sidelines Sage seems to be there learning.. I rarely see Jackson with him

And this comment

I still like Jackson.. But it seems like he isn't taking this seriously or something


It's like he doesn't understand that if he played well the past 2 seasons he'd still be the starter.
Seems to think he deserves the spot rather than trying to get better and earn it.
Probably Childress' fault for coddling him so much and doing everything in his power to hand him the job the past couple years.


+1


Yet all reports from the locker rooms say he's one of the first guys in to practice and one of the last guys to leave...

It's interesting how vague thoughts can form into opinions with little-to-no merit behind them... and then people +1 them.

delviking
09-23-2009, 05:29 PM
scary formation
cause TJ could just as easily throw it as run it. so who knows till its tried in a game situation.

i_bleed_purple
09-23-2009, 05:30 PM
"C" wrote:


"Formo" wrote:


"ItalianStallion" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


Wow jackson.....

Kinda does seem like a punk this year

EVERYTIME Favre comes to the sidelines Sage seems to be there learning.. I rarely see Jackson with him

And this comment

I still like Jackson.. But it seems like he isn't taking this seriously or something


It's like he doesn't understand that if he played well the past 2 seasons he'd still be the starter.
Seems to think he deserves the spot rather than trying to get better and earn it.
Probably Childress' fault for coddling him so much and doing everything in his power to hand him the job the past couple years.


+1


Yet all reports from the locker rooms say he's one of the first guys in to practice and one of the last guys to leave...

It's interesting how vague thoughts can form into opinions with little-to-no merit behind them... and then people +1 them.


being first in and last out doesn't mean that he actively takes part in sideline discussions with Favre/Sage (Which we've seen quite clearly that he doesn't)

ejmat
09-23-2009, 05:30 PM
"C" wrote:


"Formo" wrote:


"ItalianStallion" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


Wow jackson.....

Kinda does seem like a punk this year

EVERYTIME Favre comes to the sidelines Sage seems to be there learning.. I rarely see Jackson with him

And this comment

I still like Jackson.. But it seems like he isn't taking this seriously or something


It's like he doesn't understand that if he played well the past 2 seasons he'd still be the starter.
Seems to think he deserves the spot rather than trying to get better and earn it.
Probably Childress' fault for coddling him so much and doing everything in his power to hand him the job the past couple years.


+1


Yet all reports from the locker rooms say he's one of the first guys in to practice and one of the last guys to leave...

It's interesting how vague thoughts can form into opinions with little-to-no merit behind them... and then people +1 them.


Kind of like your claim that he is with Favre learning/studying during the games that we all seemed to miss but you.
Still waiting for you to post those shots.

C Mac D
09-23-2009, 05:33 PM
"ejmat" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"Formo" wrote:


"ItalianStallion" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


Wow jackson.....

Kinda does seem like a punk this year

EVERYTIME Favre comes to the sidelines Sage seems to be there learning.. I rarely see Jackson with him

And this comment

I still like Jackson.. But it seems like he isn't taking this seriously or something


It's like he doesn't understand that if he played well the past 2 seasons he'd still be the starter.
Seems to think he deserves the spot rather than trying to get better and earn it.
Probably Childress' fault for coddling him so much and doing everything in his power to hand him the job the past couple years.


+1


Yet all reports from the locker rooms say he's one of the first guys in to practice and one of the last guys to leave...

It's interesting how vague thoughts can form into opinions with little-to-no merit behind them... and then people +1 them.


Kind of like your claim that he is with Favre learning/studying during the games that we all seemed to miss but you.
Still waiting for you to post those shots.


It's on a friend's DVR... I'm on his schedule. But he reads PPO (not a member) and we discussed how everyone states Jackson is never looking over the playbook, yet it was clearly on TV.

Honestly, not sure how you and everyone missed them. I continue to watch the games when our defense takes the field though.

jmcdon00
09-23-2009, 05:42 PM
"ejmat" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


"ejmat" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


Wow jackson.....

Kinda does seem like a punk this year

EVERYTIME Favre comes to the sidelines Sage seems to be there learning.. I rarely see Jackson with him

And this comment

I still like Jackson.. But it seems like he isn't taking this seriously or something


I'm just confirming but you ARE a Jackson supporter, right?
I'm not trying to be an jiggly butt here just showing that you are always open minded
;D



Lol yes I am

I just don't like what he's been doing so far this season

Little attitude adjustment and learning from Favre would do him some good


Truth be told I can understand his frustration but at the same time he should be using this to his advantage.
All the pressure is off of him.
It gives him time to grow and develop more.
If the time should arise he should be ready to go and prove everyone wrong.

I'm not going to read much into his comment, atleast not without any context to it.

I could see why a QB wouldn't want to be put on special teams, injuries being the biggest reason. The other reason being he's probably not very good at it and likely to make a fool of himself(insert joke here). It's a totally different skill set from playing QB.

All in all though I liked the move, gives other teams something to think about. It wouldn't work in every situation and if they do punt you would want to make sure it's out of bounds or high enough to force a fair catch. Team would look pretty bad if a returner took one all the way back with Tjack on the field.

I also liked the Lions counter move by having their special teams unit line up in a 3WR shotgun formation with the punter at QB before switching back to normal punt formation. If I were the coach I probably would have burned a time out there, I thought they were going for it.

Purple Floyd
09-23-2009, 06:33 PM
"C" wrote:



It's on a friend's DVR...





LMAO.

Just make sure his dog doesn't eat it.

Formo
09-23-2009, 06:37 PM
"C" wrote:


"Formo" wrote:


"ItalianStallion" wrote:


"V4L" wrote:


Wow jackson.....

Kinda does seem like a punk this year

EVERYTIME Favre comes to the sidelines Sage seems to be there learning.. I rarely see Jackson with him

And this comment

I still like Jackson.. But it seems like he isn't taking this seriously or something


It's like he doesn't understand that if he played well the past 2 seasons he'd still be the starter.
Seems to think he deserves the spot rather than trying to get better and earn it.
Probably Childress' fault for coddling him so much and doing everything in his power to hand him the job the past couple years.


+1


Yet all reports from the locker rooms say he's one of the first guys in to practice and one of the last guys to leave...

It's interesting how vague thoughts can form into opinions with little-to-no merit behind them... and then people +1 them.


I was actually +1 the part where Chilly coddled him so much, giving him a more of a entitlement mentality.

But regardless, he's still a big part of our team, so I don't see why him going in on a 'trick' punt formation could upset him.
Which it obviously has.

Overlord
09-23-2009, 06:47 PM
"C" wrote:


It's interesting how vague thoughts can form into opinions with little-to-no merit behind them... and then people +1 them.


By the way, where do we go to turn in our +1's?
I was hoping to cash out a few, you know, to help with the rent.
Do we talk to Webby about that?
Or do we have to track down the people that gave them to us individually?

ejmat
09-23-2009, 08:02 PM
"C" wrote:


"ejmat" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"Formo" wrote:


"ItalianStallion" wrote:




Wow jackson.....

Kinda does seem like a punk this year

EVERYTIME Favre comes to the sidelines Sage seems to be there learning.. I rarely see Jackson with him

And this comment

I still like Jackson.. But it seems like he isn't taking this seriously or something


It's like he doesn't understand that if he played well the past 2 seasons he'd still be the starter.
Seems to think he deserves the spot rather than trying to get better and earn it.
Probably Childress' fault for coddling him so much and doing everything in his power to hand him the job the past couple years.


+1


Yet all reports from the locker rooms say he's one of the first guys in to practice and one of the last guys to leave...

It's interesting how vague thoughts can form into opinions with little-to-no merit behind them... and then people +1 them.


Kind of like your claim that he is with Favre learning/studying during the games that we all seemed to miss but you.
Still waiting for you to post those shots.


It's on a friend's DVR... I'm on his schedule. But he reads PPO (not a member) and we discussed how everyone states Jackson is never looking over the playbook, yet it was clearly on TV.

Honestly, not sure how you and everyone missed them. I continue to watch the games when our defense takes the field though.


So let me ask you are you implying that no one here on PPO other than you watches the game when the Viking Defense is on the field?
Like I stated, I am watching throughout and take my fridge or piss breaks during the commercials.
Now,. granted I maybe chugging a few beers back when watching but it's funny how I have seen Sage studying with Favre on multiple occasions but have yet to see TJ studying wiht him.
I did notice TJ with Favre one time during this past game but there were no books or pictures.
Maybe they were talking about the game or whatever.
What concerns me is you say you saw it many times yet no one (not even the TJ supporters) other than you are saying it.
Are you sure you are watching the same games?
Maybe you are watching the Ravens or something.
;D
I'm just giving you crap CMac.

ultravikingfan
09-23-2009, 08:07 PM
"C" wrote:


"ejmat" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"Formo" wrote:


"ItalianStallion" wrote:




Wow jackson.....

Kinda does seem like a punk this year

EVERYTIME Favre comes to the sidelines Sage seems to be there learning.. I rarely see Jackson with him

And this comment

I still like Jackson.. But it seems like he isn't taking this seriously or something


It's like he doesn't understand that if he played well the past 2 seasons he'd still be the starter.
Seems to think he deserves the spot rather than trying to get better and earn it.
Probably Childress' fault for coddling him so much and doing everything in his power to hand him the job the past couple years.


+1


Yet all reports from the locker rooms say he's one of the first guys in to practice and one of the last guys to leave...

It's interesting how vague thoughts can form into opinions with little-to-no merit behind them... and then people +1 them.


Kind of like your claim that he is with Favre learning/studying during the games that we all seemed to miss but you.
Still waiting for you to post those shots.


It's on a friend's DVR... I'm on his schedule. But he reads PPO (not a member) and we discussed how everyone states Jackson is never looking over the playbook, yet it was clearly on TV.

Honestly, not sure how you and everyone missed them. I continue to watch the games when our defense takes the field though.


Tell me where it is.
I still have it on DVR and I will take a photo.
Give me quarter and time.

My DVR is setting 10 ft from me.

i_bleed_purple
09-23-2009, 08:09 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"ejmat" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"Formo" wrote:






Wow jackson.....

Kinda does seem like a punk this year

EVERYTIME Favre comes to the sidelines Sage seems to be there learning.. I rarely see Jackson with him

And this comment

I still like Jackson.. But it seems like he isn't taking this seriously or something


It's like he doesn't understand that if he played well the past 2 seasons he'd still be the starter.
Seems to think he deserves the spot rather than trying to get better and earn it.
Probably Childress' fault for coddling him so much and doing everything in his power to hand him the job the past couple years.


+1


Yet all reports from the locker rooms say he's one of the first guys in to practice and one of the last guys to leave...

It's interesting how vague thoughts can form into opinions with little-to-no merit behind them... and then people +1 them.


Kind of like your claim that he is with Favre learning/studying during the games that we all seemed to miss but you.
Still waiting for you to post those shots.


It's on a friend's DVR... I'm on his schedule. But he reads PPO (not a member) and we discussed how everyone states Jackson is never looking over the playbook, yet it was clearly on TV.

Honestly, not sure how you and everyone missed them. I continue to watch the games when our defense takes the field though.


Tell me where it is.
I still have it on DVR and I will take a photo.
Give me quarter and time.

My DVR is setting 10 ft from me.


I wouldn't expect a response if I were you, it hurts his argument.

Purple Floyd
09-23-2009, 08:23 PM
Everything else aside, I really didn't read anything bad into what jackson said. In context, if you had been demoted, replaced or whatever and some snot nosed reporter put a mike to your face and asked a question like that I would have more than likely been less diplomatic in response.

ejmat
09-23-2009, 09:09 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"ejmat" wrote:


"C" wrote:


"Formo" wrote:






Wow jackson.....

Kinda does seem like a punk this year

EVERYTIME Favre comes to the sidelines Sage seems to be there learning.. I rarely see Jackson with him

And this comment

I still like Jackson.. But it seems like he isn't taking this seriously or something


It's like he doesn't understand that if he played well the past 2 seasons he'd still be the starter.
Seems to think he deserves the spot rather than trying to get better and earn it.
Probably Childress' fault for coddling him so much and doing everything in his power to hand him the job the past couple years.


+1


Yet all reports from the locker rooms say he's one of the first guys in to practice and one of the last guys to leave...

It's interesting how vague thoughts can form into opinions with little-to-no merit behind them... and then people +1 them.


Kind of like your claim that he is with Favre learning/studying during the games that we all seemed to miss but you.
Still waiting for you to post those shots.


It's on a friend's DVR... I'm on his schedule. But he reads PPO (not a member) and we discussed how everyone states Jackson is never looking over the playbook, yet it was clearly on TV.

Honestly, not sure how you and everyone missed them. I continue to watch the games when our defense takes the field though.


Tell me where it is.
I still have it on DVR and I will take a photo.
Give me quarter and time.

My DVR is setting 10 ft from me.


According to CMac it is several times not just one.

ThorSPL
09-23-2009, 09:27 PM
"Rockmolder" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


He made a ~messed up~ up comment. Not sure what to think about it. Kinda has an attitude IMO.


"Do I really have to cover a punt?" he said Monday when asked about his debut on special teams. "I guess the more you can do."


Could be in a jokingly manner. I mean, the kid has to understand that he's really not in a positition to make these kinds of statements.

Anyway, that does make for a decently scary punting formation. We did the same thing with Flynn one time. It was supposed to be a pass, but he pulled it down and scrambled for the 1st down. Nothing gets you more pumped up that converting a fake FG/punt. Lol.


Flynn is a horribly under rated athlete.
I saw him while I was at LSU for grad school, loved how he played.

Garland Greene
09-23-2009, 09:52 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"soonerbornNbred" wrote:


Sir Ultra I did watch the game but thru dvr (always miss 1st hour due to church) always FF to catch up mustve missed this play


Sorry to come across as an ass.

Did not mean too.

FF over reality?
Shame on you!


Oh great now you will say we shouldn't base how good a plyer is based on their Madden rating
:)