PDA

View Full Version : Favre and "this team"

Dekay
08-27-2009, 06:18 AM
Is it just me but have you also noticed that Favre is using "this team" instead of our team or my team when he is interviewed? For example: "I will do anything to help this team win". IMHO he hasnt bonded with the fact he is a Viking even though hes donned the purple Jersey.

I also havent seen much film from training, but from what ive seen he doesnt have the skip in his walk, or stance, rather a leeway posture which I interpret as not giving it his full attention, or is very serious about it.

And if I were serious about anything, I wouldnt show up in those shorts, buttugly not washed-for-years cap and looking like a carthief in that unshaved unruly beard. Yes, I agree everyone should feel comfortable, and wear what they like, but this is also business which Coach and many other have cited in this favre-palooza carousel... Favre should know that this is business and should act like it too and step it up a notch.

No, I dont think he has impressed me with anything up until now.

BleedinPandG
08-27-2009, 07:54 AM
Sometimes being overly familiar with something before you've earned it can upset people as well... walking in the first day and referring to it as "our" team may have turned off other players.
It's a fine line between being inclusive and being overly familiar/friendly with a situation you shouldn't be yet.
I'd say get over it, he's a part of the team, lets play some football.
Winning cures all that ails.

snowinapril
08-27-2009, 08:30 AM
That is a good point abut this team.

I think you have a good observation there.
But this coach doesn't care about this guys (#4) attitude.
LOL!

The beard and the dirty cap and shorts, that is just habit and style of Brett Favre.
I am not sure if he is any different than he was with the Packers or the Jets.
He is definitely pushing the envelope on casual Fridays.

You might be right, he might not be fully into this.
I think that if he bonds with guys like JA and others, it will be the best thing for this team.
He will feel like he is going to battle with buddies.

We will have to wait and see.

Freya
08-27-2009, 08:58 AM
Well considering the fact that he practices retirement every off season these past few years.........one has to wonder how much into this he really is.
I think it all depends on how well the season is played.

jargomcfargo
08-27-2009, 10:00 AM
It seems so comfortable to a Vikings fan to throw a little hate his way.
If he should founder this season, the response from fans won't be pretty.
And Childress may swirl down the drain with him.

If he is successful, all will be forgiven and forgotten.

gagarr
08-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Favre is a Mississippi country boy, that is probably only truly comfortable in two places.
On his farm and on the football field.

He isn't a pro speaker, and will probably never be a analyst, so his use of one word, "this", in a press conference is probably unintentional.
Just as everyone making something out his use of "we" during the Joe Buck show

His posture, from a few pics and vids, tells you he isn't taking it seriously.
LOL!

How he dresses?
The hat might be lucky or from his daughter, who knows, but obviously it means something special and wasn't ment as a insult to the team.

Maybe you should campaign for Favre to be on "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy".

Purple Floyd
08-27-2009, 09:30 PM
As long as he is throwing our ball to our players I could really care less about the rest if it. At least it is comprehensible English.

purplehelmut
08-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Couldn't care less what the man wears- he's a football player for pete's sake!
He'll be wearing a Viking uniform on gameday and that is the only thing that matters.
"This" team is preferable to "that" team!

Caine
08-27-2009, 10:07 PM
"Dekay" wrote:

Is it just me but have you also noticed that Favre is using "this team" instead of our team or my team when he is interviewed? For example: "I will do anything to help this team win". IMHO he hasnt bonded with the fact he is a Viking even though hes donned the purple Jersey.

I also havent seen much film from training, but from what ive seen he doesnt have the skip in his walk, or stance, rather a leeway posture which I interpret as not giving it his full attention, or is very serious about it.

And if I were serious about anything, I wouldnt show up in those shorts, buttugly not washed-for-years cap and looking like a carthief in that unshaved unruly beard. Yes, I agree everyone should feel comfortable, and wear what they like, but this is also business which Coach and many other have cited in this favre-palooza carousel... Favre should know that this is business and should act like it too and step it up a notch.

Really?
It's come to this?
We're now looking for indications that Favre may not be committed based upon subtle nuances in spoken phrases that may or may not reflect a committment we may or may not approve of him having or not having?

Then we're going to run his posture, stance, and the manner in which he walks past our FBI "Commitment Expert" to determine if they indicate a bonafied excitement to be with the team or a lackadaisical response to the challange of bonding with the team...which may or may not want him, depending upon who you read...

Then, as if that's not bad enough, we have a fashion critique, where we criticize his choice of attire - after practice no less - and determine that it shows a lack of respect for the team that may or may not want him and the fans that are hanging on every nuance of everything in an attemtpt to villify him because that's the only way we can feel good about backing Tarvaris Jackson for the past three seasons...

Really?
Is that what we're all about?

Favre has had one and a half weeks to prepare himself thus far.
He's had about 5 days TOTAL to coordinate with his receivers, running backs, and O-Line.
He's facing a split crowd - mostly supportive, but with a very large overtly hostile contingent that hangs on every word, gesture, stance, and nuance of attire in an ongoing effort to discredit him.
Further, he faces the constant criticism for changing his mind about playing or not playing.

Let's not sink to the level of the predatory media who seek to sensationalize things of no importance and create stories out of thin air.
Give Favre a few weeks to get his legs under him and the team behind him.
Give him a few weeks to show how dedicated he is.
Hells bells, we gave Jackson 3 YEARS to not suck, the least you can do is give Favre 3 weeks.

Caine

The Dropper
08-27-2009, 10:34 PM
"Caine" wrote:

[/gross overreaction]

Yeah, this thread is a bit silly, but did it really require 334 words to say that? lulz.
;)

Tad7
08-27-2009, 11:32 PM
This Favre needs to stop

Sajid28
08-28-2009, 01:09 AM
"Freya" wrote:

Well considering the fact that he practices retirement every off season these past few years.........one has to wonder how much into this he really is.
I think it all depends on how well the season is played.

he might practice retirement every season.. but he still has a passion to play this game. if he wasnt really into this, then he wouldnt of came back to play. he has the fire to play and win.

but it does depend on how he plays. if he plays like crap, you better believe him and chilly are gonna get the famous words from Kenny Powers (eastbound and down) "your fukin out" lol

porplepop
08-28-2009, 01:51 AM
what the hell happened to loyalty, true determination, sportsmanship, and being a team player...all I hear is if he plays like crap he's out...

So we're putting as much faith and support into him as he is putting in this team...sounds like a pretty sucky situation if you ask me...

I would rather see TJack throw the ball into the dirt then BFav running around like a dipshit and trying to muster up the good ol days.

As I write this I kind of hope he proves me wrong...

C Mac D
08-28-2009, 02:32 AM
"The" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

[/gross overreaction]

Yeah, this thread is a bit silly, but did it really require 334 words to say that? lulz.
;)

lol

Caine
08-28-2009, 08:49 AM
"The" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

[/gross overreaction]

;)

Apparantly, I thought it did, or I wouldn't have posted what I did.

And I wasn't just ranting about THIS particular post, I wsa going after all the posts just like it that have popped up in the past few days.
The alleged "SPLIT LOCKER ROOM" (that's probably 2 guys griping), and the overexamination of every nuance of...well...everything...it just comes off as people desperately trying to find mud.

Heck, if you want to talk about his age, his arm, his play, or his retired/unretired shenanigans, knock yourself out.
Those are all a matter of record, and have been bandied about forever.
But let's not sink to the point where we dissect each word, and the pronunciation of each syllable, with a one sided agenda.
And save the fashion critiques for Vogue magazine.

Caine

jargomcfargo
08-28-2009, 11:16 AM
"Caine" wrote:

"The" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

[/gross overreaction]

;)

And I wasn't just ranting about THIS particular post, I wsa going after all the posts just like it that have popped up in the past few days.
The alleged "SPLIT LOCKER ROOM" (that's probably 2 guys griping), and the overexamination of every nuance of...well...everything...it just comes off as people desperately trying to find mud.

Heck, if you want to talk about his age, his arm, his play, or his retired/unretired shenanigans, knock yourself out.
But let's not sink to the point where we dissect each word, and the pronunciation of each syllable, with a one sided agenda.

Caine

I love it. We now have registered a fashion apologist.
I wonder what Favre had for breakfast the day of the game. Looked like he was sluggish and light on fibre.
Anyone know his moon sign.
LOL! I liked the post.

marstc09
08-28-2009, 11:21 AM
"Dekay" wrote:

"The pieces are in place......WE should be pretty good." - Brett Favre

That was before the signing BTW.

tastywaves
08-28-2009, 11:37 AM
"The" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

[/gross overreaction]

;)

LOL, and this from a lawyer.

It was a funny post though Caine and does highlight the level of insanity that has hit this board.

Zeus
08-28-2009, 12:03 PM
"Caine" wrote:

"The" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

[/gross overreaction]

;)

Caine

Hey, dudes - let's not forget - Dekay is using English as a 2nd language, so he might be taking it a bit more literally than those of us who massacre our Mother tongue on a daily basis.

=Z=

C Mac D
08-28-2009, 12:04 PM
"Caine" wrote:

"The" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

[/gross overreaction]

;)

Caine

Your post about "that's probably 2 guys griping" is as much speculation as the people saying the locker room is split.

Also, you overexamined more than anyone else.

Caine
08-28-2009, 02:54 PM
"C" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

"The" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

[/gross overreaction]

;)

Caine

Your post about "that's probably 2 guys griping" is as much speculation as the people saying the locker room is split.

Also, you overexamined more than anyone else.

No, my "2 guys" post was a sarcastic retort.
I have no idea how many are allegedly split...but neither does anyone else, and that's what makes this all so comical.

And what exactly did I over examine?
I took a look at yet another post describing yet another reason for there to be yet another controversy - real or imagined - and I replied.
Didn't require too much examination.

But by all means keep stirring the pot.

Caine