PDA

View Full Version : Welcome all new Vikings fans!

NodakPaul
08-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Yes, there are new members who will be on the site due to the Favre signing.

And I want to be the first to welcome them.

I have already seen people throwing out terms like "bandwagon" and "Favre Followers"... And IMHO that is silly.
How many people on this forum used to be referred to as 98ers or Moss Sniffers?
How many people were attacked when they joined after AD was drafted? Everyone has different reasons for becoming a Vikings fan and joining this forum.
Let's not lose sight of the fact that we all want the same thing - to see the Vikings win.

In the end, it's not the name on the jersey, it's the logo on the helmet.
So whether you have bled purple for years, or you have just recently seen the purple light, welcome to PP.O!
This truly is the best Vikings site in the tubes!

i_bleed_purple
08-19-2009, 12:50 PM
+1, welcome

Don't forget, there's also just fans who have been fans a while, but stumbled here looking for Favre info, thats how I became a member (not looking for favre info, but something Vikings related, can't remember what)
Had to sign up to say something, and haven't stopped yet.

The Dropper
08-19-2009, 12:56 PM
Sure. Welcome to all new fans of the Vikings! But only to those who are planning to stick around and continue to cheer on this team after Favre is gone. For those who came on board because Favre is here but are planning on leaving as soon as he does, GTFO.

i_bleed_purple
08-19-2009, 12:58 PM
"The" wrote:

Sure. Welcome to all new fans of the Vikings! But only to those who are planning to stick around and continue to cheer on this team after Favre is gone. For those who came on board because Favre is here but are planning on leaving as soon as he does, GTFO.

who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

marstc09
08-19-2009, 01:07 PM
The more the merrier. At least they will buy tickets, judging by the spike in sales. We might has lost 3-4 but we gained many. I love it. Can't wait to hear the roar of the dome. WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO

NodakPaul
08-19-2009, 01:10 PM
And to clarify,

There is a lot of excitement in the air regarding the Vikings since the Favre signing.
And by virtue of that, there will be some new members.
Simply dismissing every one of them as a Favre crotch sniffer is going to put off a LOT of new members.

Sure, there will be the crotch sniffers, but they will be weeded out soon enough.
For now, I am giving the new fans the benefit of the doubt, and welcoming them to PP.O.
I like to see our fan base growing happy and healthy.

The Dropper
08-19-2009, 01:10 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"The" wrote:

who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

Actually, I only had coffee for breakfast this morning. Perhaps that's part of the problem.

The Dropper
08-19-2009, 01:13 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

And to clarify,

There is a lot of excitement in the air regarding the Vikings since the Favre signing.
Simply dismissing every one of them as a Favre crotch sniffer is going to put off a LOT of new members.

Sure, there will be the crotch sniffers, but they will be weeded out soon enough.
For now, I am giving the new fans the benefit of the doubt, and welcoming them to PP.O.

I'd agree with that assessment. I'll also gladly volunteer some time to be the gardener with a bottle of Roundup to do some of the weeding.

ultravikingfan
08-19-2009, 01:14 PM
What do you call a guy who was a Favre crotchsniffer, but was one before we even had him?

I call him Caine!
:D

i_bleed_purple
08-19-2009, 01:18 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

What do you call a guy who was a Favre crotchsniffer, but was one before we even had him?

I call him Caine!

Bono?

gregair13
08-19-2009, 02:13 PM
The more purple I see walking the streets, the better. Any support is better than no support. Big deal if they leave after this season or the next. Enjoy the ride while it lasts.

cookie
08-19-2009, 09:38 PM
The rash of new fans almost reminds me of mid-season 1998.

I sure hope this year is different that all the other seasons.
Excitement minus letdown.
I have my misgivings about Favre and I will save that for another thread but it is time to get behind him and buckle up for a crazy year!

Purple Floyd
08-19-2009, 10:46 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

And to clarify,

Newbie Sniffer :P

;D ;D

Caine
08-19-2009, 10:49 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I call him Caine!

But, as I always pointed out, that crotch smelled a lot like ULTRA!!!

...and still does.

vikinggreg
08-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Hey Caine your avatar chicken needs a purple jersey now
;)

Formo
08-19-2009, 10:57 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

;)

I just noticed that!
lol

Caine
08-20-2009, 10:47 AM
"Formo" wrote:

"vikinggreg" wrote:

;)

I just noticed that!
lol

I don't have the heart - or the skill - to change it.
Too many great memories of the Randall years.
He's still one of my all-time favorite Vikings.

Caine

SKOL
08-20-2009, 11:14 AM
"Caine" wrote:

"Formo" wrote:

"vikinggreg" wrote:

;)

I just noticed that!
lol

Caine

Well, I thought someone would have already changed the chicken, so I tried a google image search, "Favre Chicken".
No such luck.
There was this though:
http://mtpundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/brett-favre-vikings.jpg

Mr Anderson
08-20-2009, 11:37 AM
"Caine" wrote:

"Formo" wrote:

"vikinggreg" wrote:

;)

I just noticed that!
lol

Caine

I have the skill.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh181/eja642/NewFavreChicken.jpg

Do not feel at all obliged to use it, it took me 30 seconds to make. I know you don't want to, so like I said don't feel like you should, I will not be offended in any way. I just thought it was a fun idea that Greg had.

TeamSoftware
08-20-2009, 11:44 AM
"Mr" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

"Formo" wrote:

"vikinggreg" wrote:

;)

I just noticed that!
lol

Caine

I have the skill.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh181/eja642/NewFavreChicken.jpg

Do not feel at all obliged to use it, it took me 30 seconds to make. I know you don't want to, so like I said don't feel like you should, I will not be offended in any way. I just thought it was a fun idea that Greg had.

Beat me to it....

http://www.team2s.com/picts/farve_chicken.jpg

Mr Anderson
08-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Yours came out better though. Mine replaced some color in in the background too. I just did replaced color, I should have cut out the chicken, or at least the jersey and made a new layer.

TeamSoftware
08-20-2009, 11:51 AM
"Mr" wrote:

Yours came out better though. Mine replaced some color in in the background too. I just did replaced color, I should have cut out the chicken, or at least the jersey and made a new layer.

That's all I did was used the color replacer in CS3, and I used a small brush. I am in no way a PS pro, but I like to dabble.

Mr Anderson
08-20-2009, 12:37 PM
"TeamSoftware" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

That's all I did was used the color replacer in CS3, and I used a small brush. I am in no way a PS pro, but I like to dabble.

Same with me. There's some pretty talented photoshop users on here, Josdin specifically. I'm trying to learn. I'm not very good with creating graphics and using different effects. There's lots of good tutorials online that I've been trying out e.g my sig I made using some comic book effect tutorial.

Formo
08-20-2009, 04:13 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

"Formo" wrote:

"vikinggreg" wrote:

;)

I just noticed that!
lol

Caine

Well, I thought someone would have already changed the chicken, so I tried a google image search, "Favre Chicken".
No such luck.
There was this though:
http://mtpundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/brett-favre-vikings.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA!!
That is hilarious!

BTW, I'm totally in agreement with Nodak on this topic.
If I remember correctly, Mars became a hardcore Viking fan because of '98 and Moss.
Still bleedin' purple today.
So, I'm all for the 'jumpers' joining our ranks.

V4L
08-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Welcome!

Tad7
08-20-2009, 05:54 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

I have already seen people throwing out terms like "bandwagon" and "Favre Followers"... And IMHO that is silly.
How many people were attacked when they joined after AD was drafted? Everyone has different reasons for becoming a Vikings fan and joining this forum.
Let's not lose sight of the fact that we all want the same thing - to see the Vikings win.

So whether you have bled purple for years, or you have just recently seen the purple light, welcome to PP.O!

Good thread!

I've been watching the Vikings since I was in diapers thanks to my dad but I think Randy Moss' rookie year really took the Vikings to a new level for me. This might be that moment for some people..or maybe they just never had the urge to to discuss the Vikes with a buncha pricks on the internet before
:P

ram29jackson
08-20-2009, 07:14 PM
born a rams fan, I couldnt stand you guys in the 70s as a kid. always getting in the rams way. Always losing a Superbowl. But as you get older, you realize all players are in it for
the same reasons regardless of team and you appreciate the history of teams you may have hated as a kid.

basically, I want to see favre finish decently and hopefully he can do that in Minn.

I am also a Rambis fan haha and want to see your T-wolves turn the corner-

VikesFan787
08-20-2009, 07:20 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

+1, welcome

Don't forget, there's also just fans who have been fans a while, but stumbled here looking for Favre info, thats how I became a member (not looking for favre info, but something Vikings related, can't remember what)
Had to sign up to say something, and haven't stopped yet.

I want these imaginary points to take a sharp turn into reality.
Like, everytime someone gets a "+1" everyone on the sight sends him $0.50 via PayPal.

It would add up.

BBQ Platypus
08-20-2009, 07:43 PM
My brother the Eagles apostate says he'll be rooting for two teams this year.

I will make no further judgments.

Bars92
08-20-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm thinking about going to the Detroit game in September. Will there be many Vikes fans there? Or would I be walking into the Lions den? (no pun intended ;D)

snowinapril
08-20-2009, 09:14 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

Good points Nodak!

I do question the Green and Gold fans though!
Green and gold fans are on a short leash.
LOL!

Everybody else I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

BONO is on a really really short!

I hope that you guys know that I am kidding except about BONO, she was on a short leash from the very start.

About what you wrote, there is a bit of a difference.
If you have become a Viking fan, that is different than being a fan of ONE player and then following them over.
Now if you were a fan of the player and of another team, your true allegiance belongs to the other team, not the Vikings.
Now, if you were a Favre fan and also a GB fan, the only way you can root for the purple and gold would be if you were a new GB fan when he was cut or you were so disgusted about GB trading BF to the Jets and letting that snot nosed Rodgers take over for him like that.

It is super-fan-tabulous if you want to hang out here in any of those scenarios, just don't "pretend" to love the purple and gold.
Point is, we accept anyone that has valid points and good takes.
If your take is bad, you will get ripped just like a purple and gold member would for a bad take.

For the PPO members, please don't judge another post on the person's allegiance to a player on the Vikings.
They might become true Purple and Gold fans.
This is a team that could definitely win the hearts of some new fans.

Most of the AD fans were Sooner fans that are borderline Cowboy fans because they are stuffed down their throats.
I can see why some of them came over.
But assuming that OK fans are all Cowboy fans would be like assuming that all South Dakotans are Vikings fans.

VikingMike
08-20-2009, 09:27 PM
Yeah, welcome...stick around for a while, you might get purple fever like most of us have. After the fever subsides, hopefully the passion will grab you and hold you for more than just a year or two. :)

The Dropper
08-21-2009, 03:13 AM
http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2008/03/101-2.jpg

Viken52
08-21-2009, 10:06 PM
im not here because of the favre signing, im just a huge vikings f lets go glad to be a part of this great community. lets go vikes!

josdin00
08-21-2009, 11:07 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

Hmmm... looks like someones been reading the sig I made for Marrdro ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/LogoVsName.png

snowinapril
08-22-2009, 12:29 PM
"josdin00" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Did Marrdro read it?

snowinapril
08-22-2009, 12:32 PM
There are going to be a lot of different stories and backgrounds that will be Viking Fans.

Power to the purple people: Vikings fans heartily greet ex-nemesis Favre
http://www.nfl.com/preseason/story?id=09000d5d8120dd13&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Favre's arrival here even has influenced at least one Packer household to convert. Joe Konieczny, a 31-year-old from Marshfield, Wis., came to the game with his 3-year-old son, Emmitt, and his 2-year-old, Mac. Joe and Emmitt wore purple Favre jerseys, and little Mac was draped in a purple Favre T-shirt.

When asked how long he has been cheering for the Vikings, Joe Konieczny said, "About three days."

The family had been lifelong Packers fans before Favre and the team split last year. Now they have Vikings season tickets.

"The Packers made a huge mistake getting rid of the guy that rebuilt the franchise," Konieczny said. "Now I'm a Vikings fan for as long as Favre is here. And maybe longer."

But plenty of fans, including 21-year-old Rodney Piepho of Owatonna, took the Packers' side in the divorce. Piepho came to Friday's game wearing Favre's green Packers jersey, probably for the last time.

"It makes me sick," Piepho said. "I can't stand it. He's ruined everything he accomplished in Green Bay. It's sickening to see him in that purple uniform."

jessejames09
08-22-2009, 12:33 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"josdin00" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Did Marrdro read it?

hahahahahahahahahaha

And welcome to everyone that's new. Stick around.

As to Bar's question, I have no idea, but I hope to be in the lions den with you..

NaughtyWord
08-23-2009, 04:28 AM
I joined this forum because the Vikings website had an article about it.

-NW