PDA

View Full Version : Would the Vikings trade for AJ Feely?



umaguma1979
08-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Now that the Eagles have Michael Vick - does AJ Feely become expendable.
Would the Vikings make a move if neither Rosenfels or Jackson impresses in the first couple of preseason games.



AJ Feely looked pretty good tonight.
The guy can play in this system.......

i_bleed_purple
08-13-2009, 11:13 PM
ugh... are we really that bad that we'd consider trading for AJ Feely?

And the answer is no, there's no way.
He's not an upgrade over TJ or Sage, there's no point, just wasted draft picks.

Vikestand
08-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Jesus fucking hell of a christ.....No no no no no no no no no no and no

Its fucking preaseason people...

umaguma1979
08-13-2009, 11:15 PM
I guess we will find out tomorrow

Tad7
08-13-2009, 11:16 PM
We have an AJ Feeley named Sage Rosenfels.

Seriously though I can't see him being an upgrade

i_bleed_purple
08-13-2009, 11:19 PM
"umaguma1979" wrote:


I guess we will find out tomorrow


why would we find out tomorrow, even if we wanted to, there's no way they'd contact the team, gauge interest and come to a deal by tomorrow.

GreenBaySlackers
08-13-2009, 11:45 PM
His name is nearly weird enough to QB for this team...

PhillyVikes
08-13-2009, 11:59 PM
Hell no!!!!
:P

midgensa
08-14-2009, 12:10 AM
0 percent chance. Why would we trade for a No. 3 QB? who is now a No. 4 QB?

so-cal vike
08-14-2009, 12:19 AM
Seriously?
The very question reeks of desperation, as would the move by the Vikings.
The Vikings have two quarterbacks to try to win with, Booty being a distant third.
The jobs of Childress and Jackson are on the line this season.
If either or both of them fail, they're outta here.
Any support by Childress to pick up AJ would clearly show no confidence in our current QB's as well as in his own abilities as a head coach.
Which I already thought he did when he tried to get LNAD, but this would be the final clue.

***rambling***

skum
08-14-2009, 12:34 AM
Old - Check
Former Eagle - Check
Backup - Check
Would have a chance to start - Check

I bet its pretty likely

ItalianStallion
08-14-2009, 12:35 AM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


ugh... are we really that bad that we'd consider trading for AJ Feely?

And the answer is no, there's no way.
He's not an upgrade over TJ or Sage, there's no point, just wasted draft picks.


You're forgetting that Childress likes wasting draft picks on other team's backup QBs.


Then again, I would hope Spielman isn't dumb enough to trade for AJ Feely twice, he sucks.

Garland Greene
08-14-2009, 12:50 AM
"Tad7" wrote:


We have an AJ Feeley named Sage Rosenfels.

Seriously though I can't see him being an upgrade


For once we agree on the Vikings QB's
;D

If Sage was not on this tea yeah I could see it being considered but Feely is nothing more than a back-up, If something happens to Sage or TJack and McNabb is completely out of teh picture(I have my own opinion on that) ;D
If Feely is available then yeah I see it happening

SIUviking
08-14-2009, 10:31 AM
How about making a play for Troy Smith??

i_bleed_purple
08-14-2009, 11:17 AM
"SIUviking" wrote:


How about making a play for Troy Smith??


*shoots self in head.

Troy Smith couldn't start on the Ravens...

i_bleed_purple
08-14-2009, 11:18 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


ugh... are we really that bad that we'd consider trading for AJ Feely?

And the answer is no, there's no way.
He's not an upgrade over TJ or Sage, there's no point, just wasted draft picks.


You're forgetting that Childress likes wasting draft picks on other team's backup QBs.


Then again, I would hope Spielman isn't dumb enough to trade for AJ Feely twice, he sucks.


hahaha... not only does he waste draft picks, but also promising young players.
Gone are Baskett and CJ Mosley (only half-decent pick of the 05 draft), in come McMullen and Bollinger... LOL!

jargomcfargo
08-14-2009, 11:43 AM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"SIUviking" wrote:


How about making a play for Troy Smith??


*shoots self in head.

Troy Smith couldn't start on the Ravens...


He's still developing. He may be better than you realize.

C Mac D
08-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Everything Childress has done with the QB position thus far into his coaching tenure would lead me to believe this trade is already underway.

El Vikingo
08-14-2009, 11:58 AM
We ll
make him an offer and after some months of thinking about it ,he will say he retires for good

jessejames09
08-14-2009, 12:03 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"SIUviking" wrote:


How about making a play for Troy Smith??


*shoots self in head.

Troy Smith couldn't start on the Ravens...


You lost all credibility when you shot yourself in the brain.

vike_mike
08-14-2009, 12:12 PM
Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.

The Dropper
08-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Well, if I were the Vikings GM (and if the Vikings actually had a GM), I would definitely pick up A.J. Feely. It's never a bad thing to have too much depth at the QB position at this time of the year.

Here's my offer to the Iggles:

-3, sticky, vintage Penthouse magazines
-4, three pound bags of half-moldy tangerines
-12, once-used cardboard boxes (already broken down for easy shipping!)
-1 fluid ounce of class from local football fans



I think it's a pretty fair trade.

Zeus
08-14-2009, 12:46 PM
"vike_mike" wrote:


Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.

=Z=

gagarr
08-14-2009, 12:55 PM
"vike_mike" wrote:


Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


Everyone keeps making Vick into this awesome QB.
His ratings is in the lower 70's, comp 52%.
Sure he's a great runner, but we have one of those.
In 2006, he also was #6 in sacks with 45.

3 years ago at 26 he was a great athlete, but not a QB.
What is he now?
An occasional wildcat guy?
I think Percy is going to do just fine, also he's going to be a MUCH better receiver.

I will have to see how good Vick is, I really doubt he will be what he was.

Also, the positives for his on the field, isn't going to outway negative off the field.

My response is going to be writing to Eagles corporate sponsers.

vegasvike
08-14-2009, 01:06 PM
"The" wrote:


Well, if I were the Vikings GM (and if the Vikings actually had a GM), I would definitely pick up A.J. Feely. It's never a bad thing to have too much depth at the QB position at this time of the year.

Here's my offer to the Iggles:

-3, sticky, vintage Penthouse magazines
-4, three pound bags of half-moldy tangerines
-12, once-used cardboard boxes (already broken down for easy shipping!)
-1 fluid ounce of class from local football fans



I think it's a pretty fair trade.



wow hahaha

BloodyHorns82
08-14-2009, 01:18 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"vike_mike" wrote:


Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.

=Z=


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.

Zeus
08-14-2009, 01:19 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"vike_mike" wrote:


Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.


You got any evidence that Vick can catch a pass?
(His Madden catch rating does not count)

=Z=

BloodyHorns82
08-14-2009, 01:24 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"vike_mike" wrote:


Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.


You got any evidence that Vick can catch a pass?
(His Madden catch rating does not count)

=Z=


It's not hard to catch a lob out of the backfield...well so long as your name isn't AD.
Let the man do the rest of the work with his legs..short passes, you know, WCO type?

i_bleed_purple
08-14-2009, 01:26 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"vike_mike" wrote:


Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.


You got any evidence that Vick can catch a pass?
(His Madden catch rating does not count)

=Z=


He's a football player at a skill position, most can.
Maybe not hard bullets, or on all routes, but send him deep and I bet he'll catch them, or on swing routes out of th backfield he coudl probably manage too.

kevoncox
08-14-2009, 01:33 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"vike_mike" wrote:


Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.


You got any evidence that Vick can catch a pass?
(His Madden catch rating does not count)

=Z=


He's a football player at a skill position, most can.
Maybe not hard bullets, or on all routes, but send him deep and I bet he'll catch them, or on swing routes out of th backfield he coudl probably manage too.


I hope Zeus likes humble pie. He is going to be eating a lot of it really soon. By mid season Vick will be a solid passer with most of his previous game changing moves. Again we are lying to ourselves by saying Vick was a BAD Qb. Say you think he was overrated but don't say he was a bad QB. His TD to INT ratio says other wise. Hell the Qb you want to start threw more INTs than TDs last year! Glss homes Z, glass homes.

i_bleed_purple
08-14-2009, 01:37 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:




Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.


You got any evidence that Vick can catch a pass?
(His Madden catch rating does not count)

=Z=


He's a football player at a skill position, most can.
Maybe not hard bullets, or on all routes, but send him deep and I bet he'll catch them, or on swing routes out of th backfield he coudl probably manage too.


I hope Zeus likes humble pie. He is going to be eating a lot of it really soon. By mid season Vick will be a solid passer with most of his previous game changing moves. Again we are lying to ourselves by saying Vick was a BAD Qb.


No we're not... He's legitimately a bad QB, who likely only got worse in his 2 year absence from the NFL.

C Mac D
08-14-2009, 01:43 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:






Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.


You got any evidence that Vick can catch a pass?
(His Madden catch rating does not count)

=Z=


He's a football player at a skill position, most can.
Maybe not hard bullets, or on all routes, but send him deep and I bet he'll catch them, or on swing routes out of th backfield he coudl probably manage too.


I hope Zeus likes humble pie. He is going to be eating a lot of it really soon. By mid season Vick will be a solid passer with most of his previous game changing moves. Again we are lying to ourselves by saying Vick was a BAD Qb.


No we're not... He's legitimately a bad QB, who likely only got worse in his 2 year absence from the NFL.


I think he'll run a lot more loose... maybe be able to get wide-open.... He should have no problem penetrating defenses.... prison rape...

gagarr
08-14-2009, 01:52 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:




Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.


You got any evidence that Vick can catch a pass?
(His Madden catch rating does not count)

=Z=


He's a football player at a skill position, most can.
Maybe not hard bullets, or on all routes, but send him deep and I bet he'll catch them, or on swing routes out of th backfield he coudl probably manage too.


I hope Zeus likes humble pie. He is going to be eating a lot of it really soon. By mid season Vick will be a solid passer with most of his previous game changing moves. Again we are lying to ourselves by saying Vick was a BAD Qb. Say you think he was overrated but don't say he was a bad QB. His TD to INT ratio says other wise. Hell the Qb you want to start threw more INTs than TDs last year! Glss homes Z, glass homes.


#1 I doubt Vick will be throwing many passes all year to be able to judge him as a QB.
#2 It will be interesting to see if Vick can play close to his former self, after 2 years and almost 30yrs old.
QB's arms last longer than their legs, Cunningham hit the wall at 30.
#3 Vick wasn't bad at passing, he was average.
His TD/INT was OK, but his comp% put him #31 in 2006, 52%
#4 I would take TJ or Sage over Vick, but I rather not have to chose TJ, Sage, or Feely, they're just competent backups, not NFL starters.
#5 Paying a guy $1.6 million guarenteed to occasionally come in to run a wildcat.
He might be better at it then Percy, but Percy is also a good receiver and will be in more than a few plays a game.

Overall, if Vick, doesn't screw up, gambling on Vick at $1.6 and taking the off the field issues, it might be a OK bet.
But I don't think it will be a great deal, just an average one.

gagarr
08-14-2009, 01:54 PM
"C" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:








Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.


You got any evidence that Vick can catch a pass?
(His Madden catch rating does not count)

=Z=


He's a football player at a skill position, most can.
Maybe not hard bullets, or on all routes, but send him deep and I bet he'll catch them, or on swing routes out of th backfield he coudl probably manage too.


I hope Zeus likes humble pie. He is going to be eating a lot of it really soon. By mid season Vick will be a solid passer with most of his previous game changing moves. Again we are lying to ourselves by saying Vick was a BAD Qb.


No we're not... He's legitimately a bad QB, who likely only got worse in his 2 year absence from the NFL.


I think he'll run a lot more loose... maybe be able to get wide-open.... He should have no problem penetrating defenses.... prison rape...


Thanks CMacD,
That was the first laugh I had on this subject

kevoncox
08-14-2009, 01:57 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:






Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.


You got any evidence that Vick can catch a pass?
(His Madden catch rating does not count)

=Z=


He's a football player at a skill position, most can.
Maybe not hard bullets, or on all routes, but send him deep and I bet he'll catch them, or on swing routes out of th backfield he coudl probably manage too.


I hope Zeus likes humble pie. He is going to be eating a lot of it really soon. By mid season Vick will be a solid passer with most of his previous game changing moves. Again we are lying to ourselves by saying Vick was a BAD Qb.


No we're not... He's legitimately a bad QB, who likely only got worse in his 2 year absence from the NFL.


Lol, Again, he is better than what we have, so we should STFU. That's like Lion' fans insulting out Defense. It makes your arguments look stupid. Let it go!

Zeus
08-14-2009, 02:05 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"vike_mike" wrote:


Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.


You got any evidence that Vick can catch a pass?
(His Madden catch rating does not count)


He's a football player at a skill position, most can.
Maybe not hard bullets, or on all routes, but send him deep and I bet he'll catch them, or on swing routes out of th backfield he coudl probably manage too.


Outside of the fact that he's NEVER caught a pass at either the college or pro level, you mean.
But, hell, because he's a "skill position" player, he can catch.
Troy Williamson was a "skill position" player, too.

=Z=

Zeus
08-14-2009, 02:06 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:




Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.


You got any evidence that Vick can catch a pass?
(His Madden catch rating does not count)


He's a football player at a skill position, most can.
Maybe not hard bullets, or on all routes, but send him deep and I bet he'll catch them, or on swing routes out of th backfield he coudl probably manage too.


I hope Zeus likes humble pie. He is going to be eating a lot of it really soon. By mid season Vick will be a solid passer with most of his previous game changing moves. Again we are lying to ourselves by saying Vick was a BAD Qb. Say you think he was overrated but don't say he was a bad QB. His TD to INT ratio says other wise. Hell the Qb you want to start threw more INTs than TDs last year! Glss homes Z, glass homes.


I like humble pie not nearly as much as you like the taste of Vick's taint sweat.

By mid-season, Vick will be eating pine while watching McNabb.
You know Donovan McNabb, don't you?
A QB who can actually pass the ball?

=Z=

i_bleed_purple
08-14-2009, 02:13 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:




Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.


You got any evidence that Vick can catch a pass?
(His Madden catch rating does not count)


He's a football player at a skill position, most can.
Maybe not hard bullets, or on all routes, but send him deep and I bet he'll catch them, or on swing routes out of th backfield he coudl probably manage too.


Outside of the fact that he's NEVER caught a pass at either the college or pro level, you mean.
But, hell, because he's a "skill position" player, he can catch.
Troy Williamson was a "skill position" player, too.

=Z=


Do you honestly think that Vick is completely incapable of catching a ball?
You have nothing to go by backing that up except its what you think.
Hell, I coudl probably catch passes in the NFL if I could get open, there's no reason to think that an athlete like Vick couldn't.

Zeus
08-14-2009, 02:23 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:






Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.


You got any evidence that Vick can catch a pass?
(His Madden catch rating does not count)


He's a football player at a skill position, most can.
Maybe not hard bullets, or on all routes, but send him deep and I bet he'll catch them, or on swing routes out of th backfield he coudl probably manage too.


Outside of the fact that he's NEVER caught a pass at either the college or pro level, you mean.
But, hell, because he's a "skill position" player, he can catch.
Troy Williamson was a "skill position" player, too.


Do you honestly think that Vick is completely incapable of catching a ball?
You have nothing to go by backing that up except its what you think.
Hell, I coudl probably catch passes in the NFL if I could get open, there's no reason to think that an athlete like Vick couldn't.


Outside of the fact that he's NEVER caught a pass at either the college or pro level, you're correct, I have nothing to go by in thinking that he won't just be able to step in and make an impact as a receiver.

You act like it's easy to catch a pass in the NFL.
Perhaps if you're alone on the field with no d-backs or other distractions and the pass is right into your breadbasket, that might be true.

But how often are passes thrown like that in real games?


=Z=

Mr Anderson
08-14-2009, 02:26 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:








Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.


You got any evidence that Vick can catch a pass?
(His Madden catch rating does not count)


He's a football player at a skill position, most can.
Maybe not hard bullets, or on all routes, but send him deep and I bet he'll catch them, or on swing routes out of th backfield he coudl probably manage too.


Outside of the fact that he's NEVER caught a pass at either the college or pro level, you mean.
But, hell, because he's a "skill position" player, he can catch.
Troy Williamson was a "skill position" player, too.


Do you honestly think that Vick is completely incapable of catching a ball?
You have nothing to go by backing that up except its what you think.
Hell, I coudl probably catch passes in the NFL if I could get open, there's no reason to think that an athlete like Vick couldn't.


Outside of the fact that he's NEVER caught a pass at either the college or pro level, you're correct, I have nothing to go by in thinking that he won't just be able to step in and make an impact as a receiver.

You act like it's easy to catch a pass in the NFL.
Perhaps if you're alone on the field with no d-backs or other distractions and the pass is right into your breadbasket, that might be true.

But how often are passes thrown like that in real games?


=Z=

Never in Vikings games.

Frequently in Colts, Patriots, and Cardinals games.

gagarr
08-14-2009, 02:27 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:






Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.


You got any evidence that Vick can catch a pass?
(His Madden catch rating does not count)


He's a football player at a skill position, most can.
Maybe not hard bullets, or on all routes, but send him deep and I bet he'll catch them, or on swing routes out of th backfield he coudl probably manage too.


Outside of the fact that he's NEVER caught a pass at either the college or pro level, you mean.
But, hell, because he's a "skill position" player, he can catch.
Troy Williamson was a "skill position" player, too.

=Z=


Do you honestly think that Vick is completely incapable of catching a ball?
You have nothing to go by backing that up except its what you think.
Hell, I coudl probably catch passes in the NFL if I could get open, there's no reason to think that an athlete like Vick couldn't.


You make it sound like being a receiver in the NFL is pretty easy.
Do you think Vick could beat a NFL CB, Safety, or LB, having NEVER played WR before at the Pro level?
Do you think that a team would let Vick run free?
Do you think Vick could easily catch a normal NFL QB pass, or that a DB couldn't break and INT a lob.

Vick might be able to occasionally be an effective receiver, but I wouldn't bet on it much.

Mikecarter81
08-14-2009, 02:30 PM
AJ is not an upgrade at the QB position.
I think the vikes have had about as much press as they can hjandle picking up another QB for the season right now thank you.

mike

i_bleed_purple
08-14-2009, 03:00 PM
"gagarr" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:








Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.


You got any evidence that Vick can catch a pass?
(His Madden catch rating does not count)


He's a football player at a skill position, most can.
Maybe not hard bullets, or on all routes, but send him deep and I bet he'll catch them, or on swing routes out of th backfield he coudl probably manage too.


Outside of the fact that he's NEVER caught a pass at either the college or pro level, you mean.
But, hell, because he's a "skill position" player, he can catch.
Troy Williamson was a "skill position" player, too.

=Z=


Do you honestly think that Vick is completely incapable of catching a ball?
You have nothing to go by backing that up except its what you think.
Hell, I coudl probably catch passes in the NFL if I could get open, there's no reason to think that an athlete like Vick couldn't.


You make it sound like being a receiver in the NFL is pretty easy.
Do you think Vick could beat a NFL CB, Safety, or LB, having NEVER played WR before at the Pro level?
Do you think that a team would let Vick run free?
Do you think Vick could easily catch a normal NFL QB pass, or that a DB couldn't break and INT a lob.

Vick might be able to occasionally be an effective receiver, but I wouldn't bet on it much.


but we're nt talking about normal NFL passes.
When you see QB"s out on routes, usually they're wide open, and getting nice lobs they cat easilly catch.
That is not hard to do.
Nobody woudl expect Vick to make catches in traffic or across the middle, but its not unreasonable to expect that if he managed to keep his speed and quickness, he couldn't take screen passes or something of the like.
Hell, Tom Brady managed to get a reception, why wouldn't Vick be able to?

BloodyHorns82
08-14-2009, 03:10 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"gagarr" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:










Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.


You got any evidence that Vick can catch a pass?
(His Madden catch rating does not count)


He's a football player at a skill position, most can.
Maybe not hard bullets, or on all routes, but send him deep and I bet he'll catch them, or on swing routes out of th backfield he coudl probably manage too.


Outside of the fact that he's NEVER caught a pass at either the college or pro level, you mean.
But, hell, because he's a "skill position" player, he can catch.
Troy Williamson was a "skill position" player, too.

=Z=


Do you honestly think that Vick is completely incapable of catching a ball?
You have nothing to go by backing that up except its what you think.
Hell, I coudl probably catch passes in the NFL if I could get open, there's no reason to think that an athlete like Vick couldn't.


You make it sound like being a receiver in the NFL is pretty easy.
Do you think Vick could beat a NFL CB, Safety, or LB, having NEVER played WR before at the Pro level?
Do you think that a team would let Vick run free?
Do you think Vick could easily catch a normal NFL QB pass, or that a DB couldn't break and INT a lob.

Vick might be able to occasionally be an effective receiver, but I wouldn't bet on it much.


but we're nt talking about normal NFL passes.
When you see QB"s out on routes, usually they're wide open, and getting nice lobs they cat easilly catch.
That is not hard to do.
Nobody woudl expect Vick to make catches in traffic or across the middle, but its not unreasonable to expect that if he managed to keep his speed and quickness, he couldn't take screen passes or something of the like.
Hell, Tom Brady managed to get a reception, why wouldn't Vick be able to?


+1 - If nothing else he is a decoy that actually poses a legitimate threat.
I don't care if Vick is a WR, RB, or QB - teams have to account for him when he is on the field or it's going to be TD city.

Zeus
08-14-2009, 03:11 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"gagarr" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:










Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.


You got any evidence that Vick can catch a pass?
(His Madden catch rating does not count)


He's a football player at a skill position, most can.
Maybe not hard bullets, or on all routes, but send him deep and I bet he'll catch them, or on swing routes out of th backfield he coudl probably manage too.


Outside of the fact that he's NEVER caught a pass at either the college or pro level, you mean.
But, hell, because he's a "skill position" player, he can catch.
Troy Williamson was a "skill position" player, too.

=Z=


Do you honestly think that Vick is completely incapable of catching a ball?
You have nothing to go by backing that up except its what you think.
Hell, I coudl probably catch passes in the NFL if I could get open, there's no reason to think that an athlete like Vick couldn't.


You make it sound like being a receiver in the NFL is pretty easy.
Do you think Vick could beat a NFL CB, Safety, or LB, having NEVER played WR before at the Pro level?
Do you think that a team would let Vick run free?
Do you think Vick could easily catch a normal NFL QB pass, or that a DB couldn't break and INT a lob.

Vick might be able to occasionally be an effective receiver, but I wouldn't bet on it much.


but we're nt talking about normal NFL passes.
When you see QB"s out on routes, usually they're wide open, and getting nice lobs they cat easilly catch.
That is not hard to do.
Nobody woudl expect Vick to make catches in traffic or across the middle, but its not unreasonable to expect that if he managed to keep his speed and quickness, he couldn't take screen passes or something of the like.
Hell, Tom Brady managed to get a reception, why wouldn't Vick be able to?


The problem here is that you stated "...the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion..."

The fallacy there lies in the fact that Harvin *is* a WR.
He has caught passes in college.
He will NOT be used solely out of Wildcat (or spread) formations.
He will line up in the slot, outside, as a RB, etc.


Harvin is not going to catch "nice lobs" or "screen passes" exclusively.


So your error was in equating Vick to Harvin.
Harvin will be expected to match catches downfield, in traffic, under coverage, on crossing routes, etc. etc.
Vick will not.

=Z=

i_bleed_purple
08-14-2009, 03:15 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"gagarr" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:












Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.


You got any evidence that Vick can catch a pass?
(His Madden catch rating does not count)


He's a football player at a skill position, most can.
Maybe not hard bullets, or on all routes, but send him deep and I bet he'll catch them, or on swing routes out of th backfield he coudl probably manage too.


Outside of the fact that he's NEVER caught a pass at either the college or pro level, you mean.
But, hell, because he's a "skill position" player, he can catch.
Troy Williamson was a "skill position" player, too.

=Z=


Do you honestly think that Vick is completely incapable of catching a ball?
You have nothing to go by backing that up except its what you think.
Hell, I coudl probably catch passes in the NFL if I could get open, there's no reason to think that an athlete like Vick couldn't.


You make it sound like being a receiver in the NFL is pretty easy.
Do you think Vick could beat a NFL CB, Safety, or LB, having NEVER played WR before at the Pro level?
Do you think that a team would let Vick run free?
Do you think Vick could easily catch a normal NFL QB pass, or that a DB couldn't break and INT a lob.

Vick might be able to occasionally be an effective receiver, but I wouldn't bet on it much.


but we're nt talking about normal NFL passes.
When you see QB"s out on routes, usually they're wide open, and getting nice lobs they cat easilly catch.
That is not hard to do.
Nobody woudl expect Vick to make catches in traffic or across the middle, but its not unreasonable to expect that if he managed to keep his speed and quickness, he couldn't take screen passes or something of the like.
Hell, Tom Brady managed to get a reception, why wouldn't Vick be able to?


The problem here is that you stated "...the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion..."

The fallacy there lies in the fact that Harvin *is* a WR.
He has caught passes in college.
He will NOT be used solely out of Wildcat (or spread) formations.
He will line up in the slot, outside, as a RB, etc.


Harvin is not going to catch "nice lobs" or "screen passes" exclusively.


So your error was in equating Vick to Harvin.
Harvin will be expected to match catches downfield, in traffic, under coverage, on crossing routes, etc. etc.
Vick will not.

=Z=


I never stated that.

BloodyHorns82
08-14-2009, 03:19 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"gagarr" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:














Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.


You got any evidence that Vick can catch a pass?
(His Madden catch rating does not count)


He's a football player at a skill position, most can.
Maybe not hard bullets, or on all routes, but send him deep and I bet he'll catch them, or on swing routes out of th backfield he coudl probably manage too.


Outside of the fact that he's NEVER caught a pass at either the college or pro level, you mean.
But, hell, because he's a "skill position" player, he can catch.
Troy Williamson was a "skill position" player, too.

=Z=


Do you honestly think that Vick is completely incapable of catching a ball?
You have nothing to go by backing that up except its what you think.
Hell, I coudl probably catch passes in the NFL if I could get open, there's no reason to think that an athlete like Vick couldn't.


You make it sound like being a receiver in the NFL is pretty easy.
Do you think Vick could beat a NFL CB, Safety, or LB, having NEVER played WR before at the Pro level?
Do you think that a team would let Vick run free?
Do you think Vick could easily catch a normal NFL QB pass, or that a DB couldn't break and INT a lob.

Vick might be able to occasionally be an effective receiver, but I wouldn't bet on it much.


but we're nt talking about normal NFL passes.
When you see QB"s out on routes, usually they're wide open, and getting nice lobs they cat easilly catch.
That is not hard to do.
Nobody woudl expect Vick to make catches in traffic or across the middle, but its not unreasonable to expect that if he managed to keep his speed and quickness, he couldn't take screen passes or something of the like.
Hell, Tom Brady managed to get a reception, why wouldn't Vick be able to?


The problem here is that you stated "...the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion..."

The fallacy there lies in the fact that Harvin *is* a WR.
He has caught passes in college.
He will NOT be used solely out of Wildcat (or spread) formations.
He will line up in the slot, outside, as a RB, etc.


Harvin is not going to catch "nice lobs" or "screen passes" exclusively.


So your error was in equating Vick to Harvin.
Harvin will be expected to match catches downfield, in traffic, under coverage, on crossing routes, etc. etc.
Vick will not.

=Z=


I never stated that.


Actually, I did and this was my exact quote:


I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.

Nothing more than speculation.

I would absolutely agree that Harvin would be used much more downfield than Vick would be.
I jsut think that a lot of what we plan on using Harvin for, Vick would also excel at.
They both have freakish ability with their legs...and I'm not talking Jenna Jameson.

gagarr
08-14-2009, 03:25 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"gagarr" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:










Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.


You got any evidence that Vick can catch a pass?
(His Madden catch rating does not count)


He's a football player at a skill position, most can.
Maybe not hard bullets, or on all routes, but send him deep and I bet he'll catch them, or on swing routes out of th backfield he coudl probably manage too.


Outside of the fact that he's NEVER caught a pass at either the college or pro level, you mean.
But, hell, because he's a "skill position" player, he can catch.
Troy Williamson was a "skill position" player, too.

=Z=


Do you honestly think that Vick is completely incapable of catching a ball?
You have nothing to go by backing that up except its what you think.
Hell, I coudl probably catch passes in the NFL if I could get open, there's no reason to think that an athlete like Vick couldn't.


You make it sound like being a receiver in the NFL is pretty easy.
Do you think Vick could beat a NFL CB, Safety, or LB, having NEVER played WR before at the Pro level?
Do you think that a team would let Vick run free?
Do you think Vick could easily catch a normal NFL QB pass, or that a DB couldn't break and INT a lob.

Vick might be able to occasionally be an effective receiver, but I wouldn't bet on it much.


but we're nt talking about normal NFL passes.
When you see QB"s out on routes, usually they're wide open, and getting nice lobs they cat easilly catch.
That is not hard to do.
Nobody woudl expect Vick to make catches in traffic or across the middle, but its not unreasonable to expect that if he managed to keep his speed and quickness, he couldn't take screen passes or something of the like.
Hell, Tom Brady managed to get a reception, why wouldn't Vick be able to?


Vick isn't just any QB, he's a 1000 yd rusher, so they won't let him be wide open.
Also, you are having Vick come in to run a wildcat, which makes Vick even more interesting to the D.
Thus, Vick will have to contend with a DB or LB.
Who would love to see a lob = INT.

Are you comparing Brady's athletic talent to Vick?
LOL

i_bleed_purple
08-14-2009, 03:27 PM
"gagarr" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"gagarr" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:












Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.


You got any evidence that Vick can catch a pass?
(His Madden catch rating does not count)


He's a football player at a skill position, most can.
Maybe not hard bullets, or on all routes, but send him deep and I bet he'll catch them, or on swing routes out of th backfield he coudl probably manage too.


Outside of the fact that he's NEVER caught a pass at either the college or pro level, you mean.
But, hell, because he's a "skill position" player, he can catch.
Troy Williamson was a "skill position" player, too.

=Z=


Do you honestly think that Vick is completely incapable of catching a ball?
You have nothing to go by backing that up except its what you think.
Hell, I coudl probably catch passes in the NFL if I could get open, there's no reason to think that an athlete like Vick couldn't.


You make it sound like being a receiver in the NFL is pretty easy.
Do you think Vick could beat a NFL CB, Safety, or LB, having NEVER played WR before at the Pro level?
Do you think that a team would let Vick run free?
Do you think Vick could easily catch a normal NFL QB pass, or that a DB couldn't break and INT a lob.

Vick might be able to occasionally be an effective receiver, but I wouldn't bet on it much.


but we're nt talking about normal NFL passes.
When you see QB"s out on routes, usually they're wide open, and getting nice lobs they cat easilly catch.
That is not hard to do.
Nobody woudl expect Vick to make catches in traffic or across the middle, but its not unreasonable to expect that if he managed to keep his speed and quickness, he couldn't take screen passes or something of the like.
Hell, Tom Brady managed to get a reception, why wouldn't Vick be able to?



Are you comparing Brady's athletic talent to Vick?
LOL


My point exactly, if the un-athletic Brady is capable of catching balls, why the hell can't Vick?

Its not like madden, where if a player has oonly like 30 catching, they're so clueless that light little lobs bounce off their facemask.

Zeus
08-14-2009, 03:27 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"gagarr" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:














Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.


You got any evidence that Vick can catch a pass?
(His Madden catch rating does not count)


He's a football player at a skill position, most can.
Maybe not hard bullets, or on all routes, but send him deep and I bet he'll catch them, or on swing routes out of th backfield he coudl probably manage too.


Outside of the fact that he's NEVER caught a pass at either the college or pro level, you mean.
But, hell, because he's a "skill position" player, he can catch.
Troy Williamson was a "skill position" player, too.

=Z=


Do you honestly think that Vick is completely incapable of catching a ball?
You have nothing to go by backing that up except its what you think.
Hell, I coudl probably catch passes in the NFL if I could get open, there's no reason to think that an athlete like Vick couldn't.


You make it sound like being a receiver in the NFL is pretty easy.
Do you think Vick could beat a NFL CB, Safety, or LB, having NEVER played WR before at the Pro level?
Do you think that a team would let Vick run free?
Do you think Vick could easily catch a normal NFL QB pass, or that a DB couldn't break and INT a lob.

Vick might be able to occasionally be an effective receiver, but I wouldn't bet on it much.


but we're nt talking about normal NFL passes.
When you see QB"s out on routes, usually they're wide open, and getting nice lobs they cat easilly catch.
That is not hard to do.
Nobody woudl expect Vick to make catches in traffic or across the middle, but its not unreasonable to expect that if he managed to keep his speed and quickness, he couldn't take screen passes or something of the like.
Hell, Tom Brady managed to get a reception, why wouldn't Vick be able to?


The problem here is that you stated "...the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion..."

The fallacy there lies in the fact that Harvin *is* a WR.
He has caught passes in college.
He will NOT be used solely out of Wildcat (or spread) formations.
He will line up in the slot, outside, as a RB, etc.


Harvin is not going to catch "nice lobs" or "screen passes" exclusively.


So your error was in equating Vick to Harvin.
Harvin will be expected to match catches downfield, in traffic, under coverage, on crossing routes, etc. etc.
Vick will not.


I never stated that.


My mistake.
Since you jumped in following my "you got any evidence Vick can catch a pass?" question to Bloody, I got lost in the shuffle.

Still doesn't change my point - he's not a pass catcher.

I will note, however, the he has caught 2 passes in his NFL career!

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/V/VickMi00.htm

1 for -14 yards in 2005 and 1 for 1 yard in 2006.
Hot damn!
Could it be that his skill in running depends upon him waiting for WRs to clear spaces and pockets to collapse around him?
Hmmm....

=Z=

BloodyHorns82
08-14-2009, 03:31 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"gagarr" wrote:
















Sorry guys.
You can get mad at me for this statement all you want, but I say we dropped the ball on getting Vick.
He has served his time, and he would be a steal, and we would have a devestating attack on offense had he come here.
Oh well, thus is life.


I'd agree except for the fact that Vick sucks at doing the main job a QB has - throwing the ball.


I think for 1M we could have found a use for him.
Let him run some wildcat plays, let him run some routes as a WR.
Time will tell, but the thought of Vick and Harvin on the field together with Peterson is very intriguing.

I'm thinking that the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion...who knows though.


You got any evidence that Vick can catch a pass?
(His Madden catch rating does not count)


He's a football player at a skill position, most can.
Maybe not hard bullets, or on all routes, but send him deep and I bet he'll catch them, or on swing routes out of th backfield he coudl probably manage too.


Outside of the fact that he's NEVER caught a pass at either the college or pro level, you mean.
But, hell, because he's a "skill position" player, he can catch.
Troy Williamson was a "skill position" player, too.

=Z=


Do you honestly think that Vick is completely incapable of catching a ball?
You have nothing to go by backing that up except its what you think.
Hell, I coudl probably catch passes in the NFL if I could get open, there's no reason to think that an athlete like Vick couldn't.


You make it sound like being a receiver in the NFL is pretty easy.
Do you think Vick could beat a NFL CB, Safety, or LB, having NEVER played WR before at the Pro level?
Do you think that a team would let Vick run free?
Do you think Vick could easily catch a normal NFL QB pass, or that a DB couldn't break and INT a lob.

Vick might be able to occasionally be an effective receiver, but I wouldn't bet on it much.


but we're nt talking about normal NFL passes.
When you see QB"s out on routes, usually they're wide open, and getting nice lobs they cat easilly catch.
That is not hard to do.
Nobody woudl expect Vick to make catches in traffic or across the middle, but its not unreasonable to expect that if he managed to keep his speed and quickness, he couldn't take screen passes or something of the like.
Hell, Tom Brady managed to get a reception, why wouldn't Vick be able to?


The problem here is that you stated "...the Eagles wanted their own Harvin and will use Vick in a similar fashion..."

The fallacy there lies in the fact that Harvin *is* a WR.
He has caught passes in college.
He will NOT be used solely out of Wildcat (or spread) formations.
He will line up in the slot, outside, as a RB, etc.


Harvin is not going to catch "nice lobs" or "screen passes" exclusively.


So your error was in equating Vick to Harvin.
Harvin will be expected to match catches downfield, in traffic, under coverage, on crossing routes, etc. etc.
Vick will not.


I never stated that.


My mistake.
Since you jumped in following my "you got any evidence Vick can catch a pass?" question to Bloody, I got lost in the shuffle.

Still doesn't change my point - he's not a pass catcher.

I will note, however, the he has caught 2 passes in his NFL career!

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/V/VickMi00.htm

1 for -14 yards in 2005 and 1 for 1 yard in 2006.
Hot damn!
Could it be that his skill in running depends upon him waiting for WRs to clear spaces and pockets to collapse around him?
Hmmm....

=Z=


Possibly, but if your giving him 4 yard lobs in the backfield the WRs and TEs would still have opportunity for down field blocking.

It's a stretch, my underlying point is you try to use his elite athletic abilities to the fullest extent.
He's the type of play maker that you can design a few plays around and mix into the game.
Would also make for an excellent WR or HB option pass.
Biggest issue I see is in order for any of that to be effective you'd have to keep him on the field even when the play is not designed around him essentially making it 11 on 10 since I'm sure he can't block for the life of him, and probably can't run a route for shit either...although that could be worked on, at least the latter.

Zeus
08-14-2009, 03:32 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


I would absolutely agree that Harvin would be used much more downfield than Vick would be.
I jsut think that a lot of what we plan on using Harvin for, Vick would also excel at.
They both have freakish ability with their legs...and I'm not talking Jenna Jameson.


First off - she's nasty.

Second - Vick's running skills have always been showcased as part of scrambling out of the pocket and getting downfield into a LB/Secondary levels that have been cleared out by WRs and TEs.
Tad different taking the ball and being the focal point of the offense from the get-go.

I'm not saying that he won't be successful.
What I've been saying is that he's a MEDIOCRE quarterback and has no resume at all for being a pass-catcher.
If they use him as a quarterback (with McNabb on the sideline), I fail to see how that is "wildcat" at all.
That's just him as a different QB than Donovan.
The only "wildcatting" that works in his situation is if he and Donovan are on the field at the same time, yes?

=Z=

BloodyHorns82
08-14-2009, 03:36 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


I would absolutely agree that Harvin would be used much more downfield than Vick would be.
I jsut think that a lot of what we plan on using Harvin for, Vick would also excel at.
They both have freakish ability with their legs...and I'm not talking Jenna Jameson.


First off - she's nasty.

Second - Vick's running skills have always been showcased as part of scrambling out of the pocket and getting downfield into a LB/Secondary levels that have been cleared out by WRs and TEs.
Tad different taking the ball and being the focal point of the offense from the get-go.

I'm not saying that he won't be successful.
What I've been saying is that he's a MEDIOCRE quarterback and has no resume at all for being a pass-catcher.
If they use him as a quarterback (with McNabb on the sideline), I fail to see how that is "wildcat" at all.
That's just him as a different QB than Donovan.
The only "wildcatting" that works in his situation is if he and Donovan are on the field at the same time, yes?

=Z=


We can argue up and down, but really what I'm saying is that for 1 million dollars your team is out nothing...so little to no risk.
Just get the ball in the guys hands and see what he can do.
If he sucks, you've lost nothing but possibly a little respect around the league, but as everyone knows we all have short memories.
I think it is Win/Win for the Eagles.
They have a potential explosive play maker and they gave up nothing.


PR?
KR?
I'd give him some reps in practice...the guy is a weapon.

gagarr
08-14-2009, 03:45 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


I would absolutely agree that Harvin would be used much more downfield than Vick would be.
I jsut think that a lot of what we plan on using Harvin for, Vick would also excel at.
They both have freakish ability with their legs...and I'm not talking Jenna Jameson.


First off - she's nasty.

Second - Vick's running skills have always been showcased as part of scrambling out of the pocket and getting downfield into a LB/Secondary levels that have been cleared out by WRs and TEs.
Tad different taking the ball and being the focal point of the offense from the get-go.

I'm not saying that he won't be successful.
What I've been saying is that he's a MEDIOCRE quarterback and has no resume at all for being a pass-catcher.
If they use him as a quarterback (with McNabb on the sideline), I fail to see how that is "wildcat" at all.
That's just him as a different QB than Donovan.
The only "wildcatting" that works in his situation is if he and Donovan are on the field at the same time, yes?

=Z=


+1

Why would the Vikes want to Vick to take up a roster spot.
Who gets cut that wouldn't contribute more and makes more than $1.6mill?

BloodyHorns82
08-14-2009, 03:50 PM
"gagarr" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


I would absolutely agree that Harvin would be used much more downfield than Vick would be.
I jsut think that a lot of what we plan on using Harvin for, Vick would also excel at.
They both have freakish ability with their legs...and I'm not talking Jenna Jameson.


First off - she's nasty.

Second - Vick's running skills have always been showcased as part of scrambling out of the pocket and getting downfield into a LB/Secondary levels that have been cleared out by WRs and TEs.
Tad different taking the ball and being the focal point of the offense from the get-go.

I'm not saying that he won't be successful.
What I've been saying is that he's a MEDIOCRE quarterback and has no resume at all for being a pass-catcher.
If they use him as a quarterback (with McNabb on the sideline), I fail to see how that is "wildcat" at all.
That's just him as a different QB than Donovan.
The only "wildcatting" that works in his situation is if he and Donovan are on the field at the same time, yes?

=Z=


+1

Why would the Vikes want to Vick to take up a roster spot.
Who gets cut that wouldn't contribute more and makes more than $1.6mill?



I doubt the Vikings would want Vick...we already have Harvin.
:P

i_bleed_purple
08-14-2009, 03:50 PM
"gagarr" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


I would absolutely agree that Harvin would be used much more downfield than Vick would be.
I jsut think that a lot of what we plan on using Harvin for, Vick would also excel at.
They both have freakish ability with their legs...and I'm not talking Jenna Jameson.


First off - she's nasty.

Second - Vick's running skills have always been showcased as part of scrambling out of the pocket and getting downfield into a LB/Secondary levels that have been cleared out by WRs and TEs.
Tad different taking the ball and being the focal point of the offense from the get-go.

I'm not saying that he won't be successful.
What I've been saying is that he's a MEDIOCRE quarterback and has no resume at all for being a pass-catcher.
If they use him as a quarterback (with McNabb on the sideline), I fail to see how that is "wildcat" at all.
That's just him as a different QB than Donovan.
The only "wildcatting" that works in his situation is if he and Donovan are on the field at the same time, yes?

=Z=


+1

Why would the Vikes want to Vick to take up a roster spot.
Who gets cut that wouldn't contribute more and makes more than $1.6mill?



Wade, Cook, Sage/Jackson (whoever doesn't start)
I'm sure we coudl find room to cut someone.
Would we?
I hope not.

gagarr
08-14-2009, 04:00 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:


"gagarr" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


I would absolutely agree that Harvin would be used much more downfield than Vick would be.
I jsut think that a lot of what we plan on using Harvin for, Vick would also excel at.
They both have freakish ability with their legs...and I'm not talking Jenna Jameson.


First off - she's nasty.

Second - Vick's running skills have always been showcased as part of scrambling out of the pocket and getting downfield into a LB/Secondary levels that have been cleared out by WRs and TEs.
Tad different taking the ball and being the focal point of the offense from the get-go.

I'm not saying that he won't be successful.
What I've been saying is that he's a MEDIOCRE quarterback and has no resume at all for being a pass-catcher.
If they use him as a quarterback (with McNabb on the sideline), I fail to see how that is "wildcat" at all.
That's just him as a different QB than Donovan.
The only "wildcatting" that works in his situation is if he and Donovan are on the field at the same time, yes?

=Z=


+1

Why would the Vikes want to Vick to take up a roster spot.
Who gets cut that wouldn't contribute more and makes more than $1.6mill?



Wade, Cook, Sage/Jackson (whoever doesn't start)
I'm sure we coudl find room to cut someone.
Would we?
I hope not.

I don't think Vick would be better than Wade at WR, so it would leave the Vikes short handed at WR.
I definitely would like to see Vick at Right Tackle, the punishment he would take there is more than I dreamed of.
So if the starting QB gets hurt, the choices are a QB that hasn't played in 2 years and Booty?

I don't think Vick is better at any position that makes $1.6mill.
He would be a gamble that given what the Vikes have, would be a foolish one.

kevoncox
08-14-2009, 04:59 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


I would absolutely agree that Harvin would be used much more downfield than Vick would be.
I jsut think that a lot of what we plan on using Harvin for, Vick would also excel at.
They both have freakish ability with their legs...and I'm not talking Jenna Jameson.


First off - she's nasty.

Second - Vick's running skills have always been showcased as part of scrambling out of the pocket and getting downfield into a LB/Secondary levels that have been cleared out by WRs and TEs.
Tad different taking the ball and being the focal point of the offense from the get-go.

I'm not saying that he won't be successful.
What I've been saying is that he's a MEDIOCRE quarterback and has no resume at all for being a pass-catcher.
If they use him as a quarterback (with McNabb on the sideline), I fail to see how that is "wildcat" at all.
That's just him as a different QB than Donovan.
The only "wildcatting" that works in his situation is if he and Donovan are on the field at the same time, yes?

=Z=

Lol...your argument sounds silly.
I guess when he has the ball he is incapable of throwing it.. I mean it has to be against the rules of football to take a lateral and throw it down field right? The point is VICK WAS ALWAYS THE FOCUS OF THE DEFENSE!

I will also like to point out that Randle El, Ronald Curry and a lot of other Qbs have made the transition to WR successfully. Does this mean that Vick will. Possibly. I think the point is he MAY be used as a weapon. If it wasn't for your BLIND HATRED for everything Vick, you would see that. Instead your ramblings are feeble like an old woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogPeQEwqeNs

Vikes
08-14-2009, 06:04 PM
No Sage is btter than AJ.

gagarr
08-14-2009, 06:26 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


I would absolutely agree that Harvin would be used much more downfield than Vick would be.
I jsut think that a lot of what we plan on using Harvin for, Vick would also excel at.
They both have freakish ability with their legs...and I'm not talking Jenna Jameson.


First off - she's nasty.

Second - Vick's running skills have always been showcased as part of scrambling out of the pocket and getting downfield into a LB/Secondary levels that have been cleared out by WRs and TEs.
Tad different taking the ball and being the focal point of the offense from the get-go.

I'm not saying that he won't be successful.
What I've been saying is that he's a MEDIOCRE quarterback and has no resume at all for being a pass-catcher.
If they use him as a quarterback (with McNabb on the sideline), I fail to see how that is "wildcat" at all.
That's just him as a different QB than Donovan.
The only "wildcatting" that works in his situation is if he and Donovan are on the field at the same time, yes?

=Z=

Lol...your argument sounds silly.
I guess when he has the ball he is incapable of throwing it.. I mean it has to be against the rules of football to take a lateral and throw it down field right? The point is VICK WAS ALWAYS THE FOCUS OF THE DEFENSE!

I will also like to point out that Randle El, Ronald Curry and a lot of other Qbs have made the transition to WR successfully. Does this mean that Vick will. Possibly. I think the point is he MAY be used as a weapon. If it wasn't for your BLIND HATRED for everything Vick, you would see that. Instead your ramblings are feeble like an old woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogPeQEwqeNs

Z's arguements are not silly.
Vick can throw, he's a average passer.
If Vick is on the field most of the time, then he wouldn't get any more attention do his position.
But when he does come on the field for only a few plays he would garner more than most.
He may be used as a decoy, but is it worth $1.6mill, potential team disruption, and public backlash for a guy that can be a decoy a few plays a game?

Vick better hope that the Eagles make the playoffs, because if they don't, he will get some blame, even if he doesn't play a down.
Because where ever the team goes they will be facing outraged dog lovers.

I wonder what an Eagles player or franchise employee will say when asked by their kids "Why is a dog killer on the team?".
Vick said it was hard for him to explain to his kids.
Now he's sharing some of it with all employees of the franchise.

kevoncox
08-14-2009, 06:42 PM
"gagarr" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


I would absolutely agree that Harvin would be used much more downfield than Vick would be.
I jsut think that a lot of what we plan on using Harvin for, Vick would also excel at.
They both have freakish ability with their legs...and I'm not talking Jenna Jameson.


First off - she's nasty.

Second - Vick's running skills have always been showcased as part of scrambling out of the pocket and getting downfield into a LB/Secondary levels that have been cleared out by WRs and TEs.
Tad different taking the ball and being the focal point of the offense from the get-go.

I'm not saying that he won't be successful.
What I've been saying is that he's a MEDIOCRE quarterback and has no resume at all for being a pass-catcher.
If they use him as a quarterback (with McNabb on the sideline), I fail to see how that is "wildcat" at all.
That's just him as a different QB than Donovan.
The only "wildcatting" that works in his situation is if he and Donovan are on the field at the same time, yes?

=Z=

Lol...your argument sounds silly.
I guess when he has the ball he is incapable of throwing it.. I mean it has to be against the rules of football to take a lateral and throw it down field right? The point is VICK WAS ALWAYS THE FOCUS OF THE DEFENSE!

I will also like to point out that Randle El, Ronald Curry and a lot of other Qbs have made the transition to WR successfully. Does this mean that Vick will. Possibly. I think the point is he MAY be used as a weapon. If it wasn't for your BLIND HATRED for everything Vick, you would see that. Instead your ramblings are feeble like an old woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogPeQEwqeNs

Z's arguements are not silly.
Vick can throw, he's a average passer.
If Vick is on the field most of the time, then he wouldn't get any more attention do his position.
But when he does come on the field for only a few plays he would garner more than most.
He may be used as a decoy, but is it worth $1.6mill, potential team disruption, and public backlash for a guy that can be a decoy a few plays a game?

Vick better hope that the Eagles make the playoffs, because if they don't, he will get some blame, even if he doesn't play a down.
Because where ever the team goes they will be facing outraged dog lovers.

I wonder what an Eagles player or franchise employee will say when asked by their kids "Why is a dog killer on the team?".
Vick said it was hard for him to explain to his kids.
Now he's sharing some of it with all employees of the franchise.

I'm sure you were attending anti - dog fighting rallies before Vick right? You weren't? Whatttttttttttttttttt!!!!
I love people getting on their high horse and talking about how evil someone is. I'm sure you have never done anything wrong in your life.

Vick lost his job due to his actions. He has gotten a different job and can never get is original job back.
He is trying to move on with his life. Maybe you should do the same.

C Mac D
08-14-2009, 06:44 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"gagarr" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


I would absolutely agree that Harvin would be used much more downfield than Vick would be.
I jsut think that a lot of what we plan on using Harvin for, Vick would also excel at.
They both have freakish ability with their legs...and I'm not talking Jenna Jameson.


First off - she's nasty.

Second - Vick's running skills have always been showcased as part of scrambling out of the pocket and getting downfield into a LB/Secondary levels that have been cleared out by WRs and TEs.
Tad different taking the ball and being the focal point of the offense from the get-go.

I'm not saying that he won't be successful.
What I've been saying is that he's a MEDIOCRE quarterback and has no resume at all for being a pass-catcher.
If they use him as a quarterback (with McNabb on the sideline), I fail to see how that is "wildcat" at all.
That's just him as a different QB than Donovan.
The only "wildcatting" that works in his situation is if he and Donovan are on the field at the same time, yes?

=Z=

Lol...your argument sounds silly.
I guess when he has the ball he is incapable of throwing it.. I mean it has to be against the rules of football to take a lateral and throw it down field right? The point is VICK WAS ALWAYS THE FOCUS OF THE DEFENSE!

I will also like to point out that Randle El, Ronald Curry and a lot of other Qbs have made the transition to WR successfully. Does this mean that Vick will. Possibly. I think the point is he MAY be used as a weapon. If it wasn't for your BLIND HATRED for everything Vick, you would see that. Instead your ramblings are feeble like an old woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogPeQEwqeNs

Z's arguements are not silly.
Vick can throw, he's a average passer.
If Vick is on the field most of the time, then he wouldn't get any more attention do his position.
But when he does come on the field for only a few plays he would garner more than most.
He may be used as a decoy, but is it worth $1.6mill, potential team disruption, and public backlash for a guy that can be a decoy a few plays a game?

Vick better hope that the Eagles make the playoffs, because if they don't, he will get some blame, even if he doesn't play a down.
Because where ever the team goes they will be facing outraged dog lovers.

I wonder what an Eagles player or franchise employee will say when asked by their kids "Why is a dog killer on the team?".
Vick said it was hard for him to explain to his kids.
Now he's sharing some of it with all employees of the franchise.

I'm sure you were attending anti - dog fighting rallies before Vick right? You weren't? Whatttttttttttttttttt!!!!
I love people getting on their high horse and talking about how evil someone is. I'm sure you have never done anything wrong in your life.

Vick lost his job due to his actions. He has gotten a different job and can never get is original job back.
He is trying to move on with his life. Maybe you should do the same.


lol... doing something "wrong" in your life and shooting/electrocuting/hanging animals because you gamble on them fighting to the death are two totally different things.

kevoncox
08-14-2009, 06:50 PM
"C" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"gagarr" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:




I would absolutely agree that Harvin would be used much more downfield than Vick would be.
I jsut think that a lot of what we plan on using Harvin for, Vick would also excel at.
They both have freakish ability with their legs...and I'm not talking Jenna Jameson.


First off - she's nasty.

Second - Vick's running skills have always been showcased as part of scrambling out of the pocket and getting downfield into a LB/Secondary levels that have been cleared out by WRs and TEs.
Tad different taking the ball and being the focal point of the offense from the get-go.

I'm not saying that he won't be successful.
What I've been saying is that he's a MEDIOCRE quarterback and has no resume at all for being a pass-catcher.
If they use him as a quarterback (with McNabb on the sideline), I fail to see how that is "wildcat" at all.
That's just him as a different QB than Donovan.
The only "wildcatting" that works in his situation is if he and Donovan are on the field at the same time, yes?

=Z=

Lol...your argument sounds silly.
I guess when he has the ball he is incapable of throwing it.. I mean it has to be against the rules of football to take a lateral and throw it down field right? The point is VICK WAS ALWAYS THE FOCUS OF THE DEFENSE!

I will also like to point out that Randle El, Ronald Curry and a lot of other Qbs have made the transition to WR successfully. Does this mean that Vick will. Possibly. I think the point is he MAY be used as a weapon. If it wasn't for your BLIND HATRED for everything Vick, you would see that. Instead your ramblings are feeble like an old woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogPeQEwqeNs

Z's arguements are not silly.
Vick can throw, he's a average passer.
If Vick is on the field most of the time, then he wouldn't get any more attention do his position.
But when he does come on the field for only a few plays he would garner more than most.
He may be used as a decoy, but is it worth $1.6mill, potential team disruption, and public backlash for a guy that can be a decoy a few plays a game?

Vick better hope that the Eagles make the playoffs, because if they don't, he will get some blame, even if he doesn't play a down.
Because where ever the team goes they will be facing outraged dog lovers.

I wonder what an Eagles player or franchise employee will say when asked by their kids "Why is a dog killer on the team?".
Vick said it was hard for him to explain to his kids.
Now he's sharing some of it with all employees of the franchise.

I'm sure you were attending anti - dog fighting rallies before Vick right? You weren't? Whatttttttttttttttttt!!!!
I love people getting on their high horse and talking about how evil someone is. I'm sure you have never done anything wrong in your life.

Vick lost his job due to his actions. He has gotten a different job and can never get is original job back.
He is trying to move on with his life. Maybe you should do the same.


lol... doing something "wrong" in your life and shooting/electrocuting/hanging animals because you gamble on them fighting to the death are two totally different things.


Jesus is that you? When did you start posting on PPO?

Formo
08-14-2009, 06:50 PM
How in the hell did this turn into a Vick debate?
I swore I clicked on a thread that had something to do with AJ Feely.
Damn.
Maybe not.

kevoncox
08-14-2009, 06:57 PM
"Formo" wrote:


How in the hell did this turn into a Vick debate?
I swore I clicked on a thread that had something to do with AJ Feely.
gol 'darnit.
Maybe not.


No one cares about AJ.

so-cal vike
08-14-2009, 07:29 PM
"kevoncox" wrote:


"Formo" wrote:


How in the hell did this turn into a Vick debate?
I swore I clicked on a thread that had something to do with AJ Feely.
gol 'darnit.
Maybe not.


No one cares about AJ.


I'm sure his mom cares.

NaughtyWord
08-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Yes, that is exactly what we need!
We should have AJ Feely on the already impressive list of back-up quality QBs we have on the roster.




That would be a nice little cherry on the shitcake.




-NW

umaguma1979
08-14-2009, 08:39 PM
AJ is on a plane as we speak......I think Chilly is going to call Andy Reid at halftime....

JAckson is history

kevoncox
08-14-2009, 09:54 PM
"so-cal" wrote:


"kevoncox" wrote:


"Formo" wrote:


How in the hell did this turn into a Vick debate?
I swore I clicked on a thread that had something to do with AJ Feely.
gol 'darnit.
Maybe not.


No one cares about AJ.


I'm sure his mom cares.



Not really. She cheered at the Vick signing.

jessejames09
08-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Any chance of this still happening?

VKG4LFE
08-19-2009, 02:51 PM
why would it?