PDA

View Full Version : Vikings glad to have Frazier back

singersp
08-09-2009, 07:19 AM
Vikings glad to have Frazier back as D coordinator (http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-08-08/vikings-glad-have-frazier-back-d-coordinator)

Associated Press

Saturday, Aug. 8, 2009 - 7:00 p.m. ET

MANKATO, Minn. -- As far as Jared Allen was concerned, Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier was as good as gone.....

singersp
08-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Vikings Happy to Have Frazier Back (http://www.wdio.com/article/stories/S1074576.shtml?cat=10347)

MANKATO, Minn. (AP) - The Minnesota Vikings know defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier was disappointed when he didn't get hired as a head coach this offseason...

PurpleTide
08-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Continuity builds Champions, not just great at x's and o's, Frazier is a great leader.

so-cal vike
08-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Coach Brad Childress says it's not a question of if Frazier will get a head job, it's a matter of when.

Janurary 2010,
Ziggy Wilf:
I'm happy to announce the new head coach of the Minnesota Vikings, Leslie Fraizer.

That doesn't sound bad.

i_bleed_purple
08-09-2009, 06:29 PM
"so-cal" wrote:

Coach Brad Childress says it's not a question of if Frazier will get a head job, it's a matter of when.

Janurary 2010,
Ziggy Wilf:
I'm happy to announce the new head coach of the Minnesota Vikings, Leslie Fraizer.

That doesn't sound bad.

anything would sound good after Childress... But Fraizer?
I think I'll pass.

Formo
08-11-2009, 01:05 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"so-cal" wrote:

Janurary 2010,
Ziggy Wilf:

That doesn't sound bad.

I think I'll pass.

Uhmm.. What are you smoking?

i_bleed_purple
08-11-2009, 02:40 PM
"Formo" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"so-cal" wrote:

Janurary 2010,
Ziggy Wilf:

That doesn't sound bad.

I think I'll pass.

Not a huge fan of Fraizer tbh.
He's decent, but I don't know that I'd pick him over some of the available coaches out there as a HC.
After Cottrell, anyone looks good at DC, Tomlin turned us around, Fraizer kept with what Tomlin did, changed nothing, and has shown very little flexibility and abillity to adapt.
Our pass D improved, but so have our players.

Formo
08-11-2009, 02:59 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Formo" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"so-cal" wrote:

Janurary 2010,
Ziggy Wilf:

That doesn't sound bad.

I think I'll pass.

He's decent, but I don't know that I'd pick him over some of the available coaches out there as a HC.
After Cottrell, anyone looks good at DC, Tomlin turned us around, Fraizer kept with what Tomlin did, changed nothing, and has shown very little flexibility and abillity to adapt.

Tomlin changed the defense style to the Tampa-2, very true.
But Fraizer added alot more to it.
Now, you can still call our defense a Tampa style defense, but it's more of a hybrid.
I'm not saying he's the best DC we've had (I still think Tomlin was the best since Dungy), but if the Vikes want to replace Chilly with him..
I'm 100% in.
And that's not because I'm totally against Chilly.

vegasvike
08-11-2009, 03:05 PM
"Formo" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Formo" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"so-cal" wrote:

Janurary 2010,
Ziggy Wilf:

That doesn't sound bad.

I think I'll pass.

Now, you can still call our defense a Tampa style defense, but it's more of a hybrid.
I'm not saying he's the best DC we've had (I still think Tomlin was the best since Dungy), but if the Vikes want to replace Chilly with him..
I'm 100% in.

I dont know about that.
Dungy may be in my eyes 1st an Les is 2nd.
Our pass D is a lot better, which you already said

i_bleed_purple
08-11-2009, 03:26 PM
"Formo" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Formo" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"so-cal" wrote:

Janurary 2010,
Ziggy Wilf:

That doesn't sound bad.

I think I'll pass.

I'm 100% in.

Replacing Chilly with Fraizer... no problem, but I wouldn't want us to do it just because he's here.
I'd want to see us bring in some other guys too.

Formo
08-11-2009, 03:32 PM
"vegasvike" wrote:

"Formo" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Formo" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Janurary 2010,
Ziggy Wilf:

That doesn't sound bad.

I think I'll pass.

I'm 100% in.

I dont know about that.

The 'knock' on Les is he's inherited a very talented group.
He didn't make a complete overhaul to styles of the defense like Tomlin did.
Don't get me wrong, his pass defense improved..
but not by as much as many think (The Vikings had a middle of the road pass defense a few years ago, even though they were ranked last in passing yards allowed.
The real stat we should be looking at is pass yards per attempt, which was .2 yards below the league average)
Les also had the welcomed addition of Allen to help put pressure on the QBs.

Formo
08-11-2009, 03:33 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Formo" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Formo" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

Janurary 2010,
Ziggy Wilf:

That doesn't sound bad.

I think I'll pass.

I'm 100% in.

Replacing Chilly with Fraizer... no problem, but I wouldn't want us to do it just because he's here.
I'd want to see us bring in some other guys too.

I understand where you are coming from..
and of course, it depends on who we'd bring in as canidates.
I definitely wouldn't take Les over the 'Chin'.

i_bleed_purple
08-11-2009, 03:34 PM
"Formo" wrote:

"vegasvike" wrote:

"Formo" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"Formo" wrote:

Janurary 2010,
Ziggy Wilf:

That doesn't sound bad.

I think I'll pass.

I'm 100% in.

I dont know about that.

The 'knock' on Les is he's inherited a very talented group.
He didn't make a complete overhaul to styles of the defense like Tomlin did.
Don't get me wrong, his pass defense improved..
but not by as much as many think (The Vikings had a middle of the road pass defense a few years ago, even though they were ranked last in passing yards allowed.
The real stat we should be looking at is pass yards per attempt, which was .2 yards below the league average)
Les also had the welcomed addition of Allen to help put pressure on the QBs.

agree.. no way Leslie is better than Tomlin.
Tomlin turned our D a complete 180.
We had a young, inconsistent Griffin, and no DE's to speak of to pressure the QB>
When you run a cover 2 without pressure, its not pretty.

AngloVike
08-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Amen, get Bill Cowher in
;D

i_bleed_purple
08-11-2009, 03:39 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

Amen, get Bill Cowher in
;D

Mooch...
Basically born into the WCO, I don't want to sit through another 4 years or rebuilding.

Formo
08-11-2009, 03:43 PM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

Amen, get Bill Cowher in
;D

Mooch...

Basically born into the WCO, I don't want to sit through another 4 years or rebuilding.

Oooohh.. I totally forgot about Mooch.

I'm almost ready to put him above Cowher on my list of dream HCs..
At least, he's number 2.

i_bleed_purple
08-11-2009, 04:33 PM
"Formo" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

Amen, get Bill Cowher in
;D

Mooch...

Oooohh.. I totally forgot about Mooch.

I'm almost ready to put him above Cowher on my list of dream HCs..
At least, he's number 2.

just a theoretical question, if Mooch was our coach, do you think Favre would have signed?